✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your instruments

Square 4

Since I now have a delay pedal which Im in love with. Im looking to obtain the same feeling about distortion. My MT-2 is just way to loud, and to me only really sounds like a heavy metal sound.

Im looking for more of a Brit Rock distortion type sound. Any suggestions as to a distortion or Overdrive. Im looking at Boss as always, but Jons RAT has my attention.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year I'm getting a Jazzmaster. However, I'm customizing my pick guard. Swapping my bridge for a Mustang one. And it'll probably be black (they don't make the blue one anymore), which doesn't bother me too much because I can always get a paint job on it later.

However, someone told me to buy it in America because you'll save a lot of money that way. So I think I'll do that. I'm also gonna be "collecting" effects. But I have to wait til next year when I can actually save up properly!

Can anyone confirm that buying in America is cheaper?

"Any suggestions as to a distortion or Overdrive."

RAT is fairly good. The only thing is it has a crisp tone that some people think sounds to clear and clean to be proper distortion.

My personally faves (outside the already discussed Lovetone) are the Sobbat Drive Breaker pedals (I think the most recent issues is the DB3). They have a huge amount of versitility in the types of distortion they can produce. The only drawback is the price, which is fairly steep (I think all Sobbat Pedals are imported from Japan or somewhere else in Asia:confused:)...

Also IMHO Boss doesn't really make good distortion pedals.

I dislike my Boss distortion a lot. I'd love the Lovetone.

But I'll probably go with the Rat since if I do need a super meaty distortion sound I'll use my crap Boss. Plus Im only really going to be playing Coldplay/U2 style music. My bands only really taking form now as the drummer finally got drums. We found a bass player and we need a vocalist with versatility.

What does Chris use for his distortion?

Also with Fender buying in N.America will be cheaper since they lose their import price.

"What does Chris use for his distortion?"

A while back, we had a thread discussing this, and nobody could find info on what Chris was using for effects. A few people seemed to think it was just the dirty side of his amp, but his distorted tones sound too warm to me to be that.

My guess was that he was using either an Ibanez Tube Screamer or an MXR Micro Amp with the gain dialed all the way up.

For the VLV era performances though, he can be seen with some type of MIDI footswitch, so he's probably using rack now.

"Their purpose is to look nice and not colour the sound"

Virtually all the few players I know who own/play basses with those covers, prefer to remove them. I've heard they can really scrape your fingers and knuckles if you're not careful...

I needed a portable keyboard for college so I got this yesterday... *warning* GIANT PICTURE AHEAD!

YAMAHA_np30_Angle.jpg

with a stand and pedal...I actually got this one because the first one I picked out (a wider casio with fully weighted keys) didn't fit in the car! :lol:

This one didn't have weighted keys, somethig which I was really worried about, but when I tried it out at home I was very content with the response to different dynamics so I know I won't get frustrated with it. The sound is nice, not like the YPG 625 of course, but for just under 300 bucks it's pretty comfortable. :D

I ordered my Pro Co RAT2 today. Gonna take about two weeks, but thats good since i dont have money till then.

Thats a huge piano! I'd imagine Coldplay is easy for you though.

Ya its fricken huge!!!!

But ya I love playing Coldplay, I feel like Chris Martin when I play Coldplay, Hahaha:lol: