✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vampire Weekend

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok, because I get to see them now too!!

I still think it's weird that they're playing in vic on the 1st may, then all the way to townsville on the 2nd, and then back down to vic for the 4th/5th :P

thats why im worried about the show that im going to on the 12th. which i think is the 15th show on the tour by which time they would of criss crossed this kinda big land of ours several times over in just a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT NIGHT.... I am super excited for it all again tonight. Seriously, I was so impressed with how it all sounded live, from a musician's point of view. Crowd were semi-energetic, hopefully they are better tonight. Impressive stage set up - I didnt take my camera so you'll just have to believe me. They played pretty much all of their good stuff. Other than Ottoman, which I love.

WOW.

Review for Melbourne night #2:

Just got home. Ears ringing. Sore. But all good signs. I'll start with the ears first. The venue was all ages as opposed to 18+ last night, and you could tell the difference. I liked the added atmosphere, which made this night so much better but OH GOD PLEASE STOP SCREAMING YOU CRAZY UNDERAGE FEMALES. They were SO loud. It was deafening. But nice not having to stand next to them right up the front of the stage, middle, in front of Ezra, in the licensed area. Thank god for that. Only had to line up 1hr in the cold for that too!

Alright, the gig. Pretty much the same as last night, except the sound at this venue isnt too crash hot. The setlist order was semi-mixed up, which I liked. They started with the first 4 songs and had the same encore but the middle got mixed - big thumbs up for those people like me who went both nights! The band got more into it tonight too, Chris Bao on the bass really danced up a storm. Chris (on drums) was amazing. It's great to watch his craft. Whilst rostram is clearly the mastermind behind the songs, the drumming is just so immense in the live setting, we were mesmerized. Plus he wore a Tottenham shirt tonight so thumbs up to him because I hope they beat Man City in the EPL game tomorrow... anyway back to the gig...

Setlist was exactly the same as last night except they didnt play Bryn (SAD FACE, love that song) but instead played "Ladies of cambridge" which I like anyway. Ezra said they were going to play a song that people may not know... my mate and I turned to each other in excitement thinking brilliant, "Ottoman" would be played, then I could die there and go to heaven. But it wasnt to be. OTTOMAN PLEASE!!! Next gig. Probably not though.

Crowd went absolutely nuts to A-Punk, Cousins, and Giving Up The Gun. Well, more nuts than the other songs. But in those ones there was some genuine jiving going on! Crowd got dancing early and it made for a much better night.

After two nights, I am happy to say that Vampire Weekend live up to the hype. They deliver a solid live performance with sharp vocals, instrumentation and great crowd interaction. Tonight was easily one of the best gigs I have ever been to, and I have seen a few up to now!

bloody hell why dont they hold back on these early shows and save up their energy for the show that counts. May 12 @ Enmore theatre. they are doing another 4 shows in 4 cities before that show which means about 6000km of traveling.

has everyone heard about the DJs Chris has been doing after some of the shows. he is at the FRINGE Bar in Sydney after the May 12 show. cos you know they have such a light easy tour schedule they really needed some extra things to do.

Yeah Chris Baio did a DJ set after both nights. Its ridiculous. For your sake I hope they haven't run out of energy, such amazing shows. Ezra spent half the night with a towel round his neck.

WOW.

Review for Melbourne night #2:

Just got home. Ears ringing. Sore. But all good signs. I'll start with the ears first. The venue was all ages as opposed to 18+ last night, and you could tell the difference. I liked the added atmosphere, which made this night so much better but OH GOD PLEASE STOP SCREAMING YOU CRAZY UNDERAGE FEMALES. They were SO loud. It was deafening. But nice not having to stand next to them right up the front of the stage, middle, in front of Ezra, in the licensed area. Thank god for that. Only had to line up 1hr in the cold for that too!

Alright, the gig. Pretty much the same as last night, except the sound at this venue isnt too crash hot. The setlist order was semi-mixed up, which I liked. They started with the first 4 songs and had the same encore but the middle got mixed - big thumbs up for those people like me who went both nights! The band got more into it tonight too, Chris Bao on the bass really danced up a storm. Chris (on drums) was amazing. It's great to watch his craft. Whilst rostram is clearly the mastermind behind the songs, the drumming is just so immense in the live setting, we were mesmerized. Plus he wore a Tottenham shirt tonight so thumbs up to him because I hope they beat Man City in the EPL game tomorrow... anyway back to the gig...

Setlist was exactly the same as last night except they didnt play Bryn (SAD FACE, love that song) but instead played "Ladies of cambridge" which I like anyway. Ezra said they were going to play a song that people may not know... my mate and I turned to each other in excitement thinking brilliant, "Ottoman" would be played, then I could die there and go to heaven. But it wasnt to be. OTTOMAN PLEASE!!! Next gig. Probably not though.

Crowd went absolutely nuts to A-Punk, Cousins, and Giving Up The Gun. Well, more nuts than the other songs. But in those ones there was some genuine jiving going on! Crowd got dancing early and it made for a much better night.

After two nights, I am happy to say that Vampire Weekend live up to the hype. They deliver a solid live performance with sharp vocals, instrumentation and great crowd interaction. Tonight was easily one of the best gigs I have ever been to, and I have seen a few up to now!

Wow your review definitely got me even more excited for my concert (in july) than I already was! I'm so glad to hear they sound amazing live! :wacky:

Would you mind telling the setlist ? if you remember it of course. I'd be quite interested!

Wow your review definitely got me even more excited for my concert (in july) than I already was! I'm so glad to hear they sound amazing live! :wacky:

Would you mind telling the setlist ? if you remember it of course. I'd be quite interested!

First night:

White Sky

Holiday

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

Bryn

M79

I Stand Corrected

California English

One (Blake's Got A New Face)

A-Punk

Run

Cousins

Taxi Cab

Campus

Oxford Comma

Giving Up The Gun

Diplomat's Son

Horchata

Mansard Roof

Walcott

Second Night:

White Sky

Holiday

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

I Stand Corrected

M79

California English

One (Blake's Got A New Face)

Cousins

Taxi Cab

Run

A-Punk

Ladies of Cambridge (Mansard Roof B-Side)

Diplomat's Son

Giving Up The Gun

Campus

Oxford Comma

Horchata

Mansard Roof

Walcott