✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anybody got a favourite type of guitar

mburn

There are sooooo many types of guitars, and my question to you people is what is your favourite type and for any particular reason? Mine is classical accousics because the sound is so nice on them

P.S. I am glad this forum was greated and we should all start posting more!

I'm in love with my guitar... Its definitely one that I'm going to have for a long time. Its a Martin Grand Concert. Thin Body. Black. The sound is smoothe, the action is incredible and it fits like a glove.

martin.jpg

that is such a sweet guitar! how much was that then? Is it an electric acoustic or just an acoustic? Wat is your name by the way?

that is such a sweet guitar!

Yeah, i know, i love it!

how much was that then?

Surprisingly, its one of the more affordable Martins, running around $575 without a case.

Is it an electric acoustic or just an acoustic?

Its an electric acoustic. It sounds great plugged in, I've never had any feedback problems, or any sound problems for that matter. Its the thin body, the composite material, and the fishman pickup that help with the anti-hum/feedback.

Wat is your name by the way?

Chad, and you?

im called matt, i would post a pic of my guitar however i dont own a digital camera, its a fairly cheap brunswick electric acoustic, although it doesnt really sound good plugged in to be honest! But its ideal for me.

Chad OMG I love you even more! no, but I got a Martin last year, and I LOVE IT!!! MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rarely play it though, i'm so nervous!! It just stays in its case in a corner, I usually play when i'm on some natural high! But Martins have this gorgeous deep rich sound that CANT be duplicated!! it's truly a heavenly sound!

:D

indeed they do. The sound is incredible on a Martin. I love mine because its feels so good to play. The action is as effortless as an electric guitar. I saw a 1964 Martin at Guitar Center, I wanted to sleep right next to it, so I could always be there to play it, it was incredible. Needless to say, I came back and it was gone.

Tender Surrender

I also love guitar. It is, in my opinion, the best instrument ever invented. There is not question about it, any piece of music with a good guitar riff will def. push my buttons 8) Listening to a melody by Joe Satriani or Steve Vai can bring me back to life when I feel down :) I own a very cheap guitar...it's a Squier Bullet by Fender. Then again, I am just starting to "learn" how to play it. Once I get good at it (hehe :lol: if THAT ever happens) I would LOVEEE to own one of these...

ijem7v.jpg

Isn't she beautifullllllllllll? :o Ibanez JEM7V 8)

I have an ancient Yamaha acoustic which I've had for so long I can hardly remember, it's seen me through thick and thin, parties, European tours, cabaret in dubious clubs and has a hole where there shouldn't be a hole, but still it plays and I love it! My God, I've met so many wonderful ppl because of my guitar. When all's said and done, it's been my best friend. :D

I own 4 guitars....a relative cheap yamaha nylonstring classic, worth about $250, a very good Castilla 40P (classic, "ebbenhouten" fretboard), a worthless Squier strat and a very fine Epiphone Les Paul...ideal for rock playing...

but the best guitars I've ever played and intend to buy are Telecasters (69 thinline or 72 custom) and Gibson jazz/blues guitars (ES 175 and 335)

I'm in love with my guitar... Its definitely one that I'm going to have for a long time. Its a Martin Grand Concert. Thin Body. Black. The sound is smoothe, the action is incredible and it fits like a glove.

martin.jpg

woah chad that is a niceeee guitar :P

i have 3 guitars, and i love them all dearly..... a muddy waters signature telecaster (tele's are my favorite ever) i have (but dont own (( its my dads, but he "gave" it to me... im never letting him have it back))) an eric clapton signature strat, and i found a guitar in an antigue shop that my grandpa owns, never heard of the brand before (fandel) its a nice looking guitar, but the electronics were bad, so i had it rebuilt (i wish i could do it myself, but i didnt want to end up ruining whatever i got) with some nice dean markley pick ups. my favorite is the tele

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what its called, but its the guitar Dave matthews is playing in the Music Video for "Sing Along" with the Blue man group. It looked like a mix between a cello, a banjo and an electric. I dunno but it looked and sounded cool.

• 1 month later...