✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LIT Not by coldplay?!

shagbal

Is there a problem with instrumental tracks?

From what I heard, LIT was one of the best tracks that have leaked so far.

LiT is amazing the best song yet it give such an old school coldplay feel yet new and fresh I hope its not just intrumental i love that song best cp song i have heard in a long time since RUSH OF BLOOD cd i believe!

• 4 weeks later...
I think the album version will be longer because this version was a rough cut

Nope...LIT album version is just as we've all heard it. No lyrics.

The Escapist at the end of the album is the first portion of Life In Technicolor but with Chris singing a short chorus a few times. I was expecting a little more out of The Escapist, but I'll let you be the judge.

Actually LiT wasn't written by Coldplay, it was written by John Hopkins, but he wrote it for them. So it's not like they're just ripping a song. And The Escapist is apparently a "collaboration" between Hopkins and Coldplay, and them being the same song just kinda shows that Hopkins did the songs with / for Coldplay. But they didn't write them. Hope that clears things up :)

In the album booklet, it says something like LIT & The Escapist 'borrow heavily' from a song by Jon Hopkins. That doesn't mean the song is by Jon Hopkins, but that Coldplay sampled his work...like they did with Kraftwerk on Talk. I reckon the beginning is all Hopkins, but then when the guitars come in, that's Coldplay too.

I thought the synths intro was courtesy of brian eno until I learned about jon Hopkins, I don't think anyone thought Martin and co. made that by themselves, so nothing's really changed. Anyway, it's everything coldplay added that makes the track as awesome as it is, mainly the hammer-dulcimer. The synths intro is all that jon gave them, and that practically dissappears (or becomes inaudible) halfway through anyway.

From Jon Hopkins myspace: "The new Coldplay album Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is out on 12th June. I worked on the album as one of the co-producers for much of last year, and contributed some sounds and various keyboard instruments. An adapted version of one of my new tracks Light Through The Veins also appears as the intro to the first track Life In Technicolour, and as the backing for the track hidden at the end, The Escapist." http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=26521034&blogID=403195111

He has the original song up on his myspace now: http://www.myspace.com/jonhopkins

• 8 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

No! The intro of LIT (first 30 seconds or so) is sampled from a track Jon Hopkins did, once the dulcimer comes in THAT is Coldplay 100%.