✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best coldplay line, quotes, or phrase

chileandude1

I like this qoute :awesome:

Chris introducing Will:

He’s blessed with… incredibly scary eyes… I’m sure you’ve all seen our publicity photos… I don’t know why the fuck you bought our records when you saw how scary our drummer looks” :lol:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
this. but i absolutely love that line :laugh3:

Favourite quotes about life : (Chris re. Coldplay fans) "Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay then you're obviously very intelligent and good-looking and all-round brilliant!" I absolutely LOVE him for this :D

(One of) my favourite lines: "And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape." Story of my life :P

Oh and another: "Gravity release me, and don't ever hold me down - now my feet won't touch the ground."

They're just Viva-era obviously, I have hundreds more from the older albums as well! I'm making a list of all my favourite lyrics - I know, I'm that sad :laugh3:

Yes, and I belive there is something. Coldplay fans (in my experience) are cool, smart etc. etc). So.. ;)

Just a few of my faves, but there are a lot MOAR:

- I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something worth fighting for. (AROBTTH)

- Oh what good is it to live with nothing left to give, forget but not forgive, not loving all you see? (Swallowed In The Sea)

- I wanna fly and never come down. (We Never Change)

- Open up your eyes. (Politik)

- No I don't want to battle from beginning to end, I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge, I don't want to follow death and all of his friends. (DAAHF)

- People moving, all the time, inside a perfectly straight line, don't you wanna just curve away? (Strawberry Swing)

- You know that darkness always turns into light. (What If)

- Bones sinking like stones, all that we fought for, homes, places we've grown, all of us are done for. And we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do. (Don't Panic)

- Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost. (Lost)

- I know I'm dead on the surface, but I'm screaming underneath. (Amsterdam)

- Slowly breaking through the daylight. (Daylight)

...and oh many more.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Whats your favorite line or phrase?

Mines:

Just because im losing doesnt mean ive lost (lost?)

when u try ur best but u dont suceed (fix you)

u use ur heart as a weapon and it hurts like heaven (hurts like heaven)

lights will guide you home and ignite ur bones (fix you)

Some of my favorites:

"Nothing matters except life and the love you make..." - my favorite lyric ever (crest of waves)

"If you never try, then you'll never know" (speed of sound)

"My song is love, is love unknown and I've got to get that message home" (a message)

"Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me..." (the scientist)

"You wonder if your chance will ever come, or if your stuck in square one." (square one)

"Life is for living, we all know and I don't wanna live it alone" (life is for living)

"Give me real, don't give me fake" (politik)

"I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter since I met you" (green eyes)

"I know I'm dead on the surface but I am screaming underneath" (amsterdam)

"When the truth is, I miss you" (warning sign)

"When you're tired of aiming your arrows, Still you'll never hit the mark and even if your aims are shadows, still we never gonna part" (don't let it break your heart)

We live in a beautiful world yeah we do yeah we do. (don't panic)

And it's you I hear so loud and so clear (Shiver)

In a bullet proof vest with the windows all closed. I'll be doing my best I'll see you soon. (see you soon)

When you're tired of racing and you find you never left the start. Don't let it break your heart(Don't let it break your heart).

God gave me style and gave me grace and put a smile upon my face. (God put a smile upon your face)

Here I lie on my own in a seperate sky. (Prospekt's march)

Stood on the edge, tied to the noose, then you came along and you cut my loose (Amsterdam)

Give me love over, love over, love over this aahhhh(Politik)

If you never try you'll never know just what you're worth (Fix you)

No I don't want to battle from beginning to end, I don't want a cycle of rycycled revenge. I don't want to follow death and all of his friends (Death and all of his friends)

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape (Death and all of his friends)

And last but not least. I love the way they listed the tracks in AROBTTH. When you read the first 3 songs it sounds very poetic.

Politik

In my place

God put a smile upon your face

OH AND

"Those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head." - 42

Yes.. this. Love that line. It's one of those lyrics that just stays with you. It always makes me think of my Mum.

However I love the time he sung it at the BBC and his voice cracked.. he went .. 'Those who are dead Oops.. are not dead, they're just living in my head' it made me laugh, so I put it in my signature. :D

Some of my favorites:

"I could feel it go down,

Bitter-sweet I could taste in my mouth,

Silver lining the cloud,

Oh and I-I-I-I-I, I wonder what it's all about." :dazzled:

"My song is love, is love alone, and I've got to get that message home."

"You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like heaven."

"In my scarecrow dreams, when they smashed my heart into smitherines, be a bright red rose come busting the concrete, be a cartoon heart. Light a fire, oh, light a spark, light a fire a flame in my hea-a-a-a-art. We'll run wild, we'll be glowin' in the dark." (I know it's a long one, but i just love it so stinking much!!!)

And of course the one from DLIBYH in my signature <3

• 2 weeks later...

well... Hmm... My fav coldplay lines are:

here's an ode, oh to deoderent - Ode to Deoderant

When you love someone but it goes to waste... - Fix You

when your tired of aiming your arrows,

still you never hit the mark.

Even in your rains and shadows

still we're never gonna part.

Come on baby, dont let it break your heart - DLIBYH

and a chris quote

'it could go hopelessly wrong.. But... f*** it...' - when playing Wedding Bells at an Apple thing... Turns out the song must have gone wrong cos its not on MX...

There a lot of songs by Coldplay I love for their lyrics, which helped me a lot during a bad period of my life. Definitely one of my favourite quote is from "What If":

"Every step that you take

could be your biggest mistake,

it could bend or it could break

but that's the risk that you take".

Every time I'm going to take a decision which may hurt someone, or myself, in the future, then I think to this phrase, take a pause and reflect on the consequences of what I'm going to do. Thank you Coldplay!

• 1 month later...

' don't wanna see another generation drop , I'd rather be a comma than a full stop'

' on every street every car every surface a name

Tonight the streets are ours and we're righting and saying. Dont let them take control mo we won't let them take

Control'

' though heavily we bled still on we crawl, try catch a cannonball. And a slow burning tide, through my veins is flowing'

' might have to go where they don't know my name, float all over the world just to see her again'

' what good is it to live with nothing left to give?'

' we live in a beautiful world'

' I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war if you can tell me

Something worth fighting for '

'one day, we're gonna get out'

' I don't wanna die , on my own here tonight '

' give me love over this '

In my scarecrow dreams, when they smashed my heart into smithereens, be a bright red rose combusting the concrete (charlie brown)

Time came a-creepin, oh and time's a loaded gun, every road is a ray of light (LIT II)

On a platform I'm gonna stand and say, that I'm nothing on my own (A Message)

Cold cold water, bring me round (Strawberry swing)

"Slow it down." - Us Against The World (Mylo Xyloto)

"If you never try, you'll never know." - Fix You (X&Y)

"Don't you wish that life could be as simple as fish swimming 'round in a barrel when you've got the gun?" - Poppyfields/Prospekt's March (Prospekt's March)

"So I look in your direction, but you pay me no attention, do you?" - Shiver (Parachutes)

"I never meant to cause you trouble, and oh, I never meant to do you wrong." - Trouble (Parachutes)

"Stood on the edge tied to a noose, you came along and you cut me loose." - Amsterdam (A Rush of Blood to the Head)

"Those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head." - 42 (Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends)

the first two I'm considering getting tattooed. I can't decide which one, though!