✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best coldplay line, quotes, or phrase

chileandude1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyrics:

Chris - (At the Bakery) 'Will's behind the screens... Guy's area where he just stands and is handsome... Jonny's area where he stands and looks at Guy'

Interviewer: Chris, what has changed for you since the release of your first album Parachutes?

Chris: Before the first album came out, I only owned one pair of trousers. And when it came out, I was able to buy two. And now I have… three.

Haha, these are great :lol: :heart:

My favourites:

"Come here, oh my star is fading

And I swerve out of control

And I swear I waited and waited

I've got to get out of this hole" - Amsterdam

"And you're air that, air that I can breathe

you're my golden opportunity" - Moses

Best Coldplay line, quotes or phrases

I find much inspiration / drive in these lines:

"If you never try, you will never know".

Sometimes I have hesitated, then came to think of these lines, then acted - and ALWAYS with a good result.

My actually acting was inspired / driven by Coldplay. So therefore these Coldplay lines are very special and dear to me. :)

Chris- Also, his name is Ricky Martin, so you could accuse me of stealing his surname as well.

Ugly Interviewer guy- Or somehow, maybe you guys are cousins or something

Chris- Could be, because my dad was a sailor, and i don't know where he got to.

313ghsw.jpg

Where is that from? :laugh3:

• 2 months later...

Oh my goodness all of coldplays songs are brilliant. it was a little difficult for me to choose right away which lyrics or quotes i like best.

"I hear the sound and ticking of clocks, remember my face remember me when you are lost"(whisper)

"and all you ever wanted was love but you never looked hard enough its never gonna give itself up"(low)

all of square one. all the lyrics mean alot to me.

"those who are dead are not dead there just living in my head"(42)

• 3 weeks later...

"For you I bleed myself dry" (Yellow)

"Oh love, don't let me go. Won't you take me where the streetlights glow?" (Life in T. 2)

"If you love me, won't you let me know?" (Violet Hill)

"Just a puppet on a lonley string" (Viva la Vida)

"Just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt" (Lost!)

"I'm on fire for you, clearly, you don't have to be on your own" (A message)

"Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?" (Talk)

"You put me on a shelf and kept me for yourself" (Swallowed in the sea)

"You left the sweetest taste in my mouth"/"Bittersweet I could taste in my mouth" (The hardest part)

I could go on and on because all the lyrics are marvelous :)

"there's a dichotomy between the wannabe rock star in me and the son of my mother. i think girls are amazing but i also feel really guilty about doing stuff with someone that you don't really like. i don't believe there is such a thing as casual sex. someone always gets hurt & i hate that feeling. i get scared. i get scared of my feelings being in the hands of another person."

it's not a lyric, but i do love this quote from chris :heart:

but give me love over, love over this - Politik

I ask you, do you remember, proskpekt how could i forget? - Poppyfields/Prospekt March

Are they bleeding all your colours into one - Square One

Swim out on a sea of faces,

The tide of the human races,

An answer now is what I need.

See it in a new sun rising

See it break on your horizon

Oh, come on love, stay with me.

- White Shadows

"there's a dichotomy between the wannabe rock star in me and the son of my mother. i think girls are amazing but i also feel really guilty about doing stuff with someone that you don't really like. i don't believe there is such a thing as casual sex. someone always gets hurt & i hate that feeling. i get scared. i get scared of my feelings being in the hands of another person."

D'aww, Chris. :heart: He really has a heart on him. He could never be that rockstar who sleeps with loads of groupies just cause he can, and I love him all the more for it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

where's this quote from? :thinking:

• 1 month later...

A couple I can think of right now...

One from the new album would be "You didn't get to heaven, but you made it close." (42)

And then a little emo-love from Yellow: "For you I'd bleed myself dry." A little sadistic, yes, but not a line you'd forget.