✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best coldplay line, quotes, or phrase

chileandude1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Welcome Allison :nice:

Arghh I love the two..maybe the second one ? Nah I don't know which one is better :\

Thank you :)

I like the second one, too. It's starting to become my mantra, because for a long time I've always been the person to never take a risk, and I know that if I stay that way, I'll never truly live. The only thing I'm really having trouble deciding is the placement. I think I want it on my wrist, but I can't decide if I want it on both wrists or just one. :<

For me there are a few which I think are excellent...

'When the future's architectured by a carnival of idiots on show, you'd better lie low, if you love me won't you let me know?'

'No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end, I don't wanna cycle or recycle revenge, I don't wanna follow death and all of his friends'

'Gravity release me, and don't ever hold me down, now my feet won't touch the ground'

'You'll tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored - and nothing's really making any sense no more, let's talk'

'Now the sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time. Could be blue, could be grey, without you I'm just miles away'

'A simple plot, but I know on day, good things are coming our way'

• 3 months later...
"Lights will guide you home.. and ignite your bones.. and I will try to fix you." -Fix You

"But I know one day.. good things are coming my way." -Up With The Birds

<3

LOVE that last line Ariel.. one my favourites.. as you can probably see from my siggy..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kind of bumping this topic because I've been working on a little quote book, hope nobody minds. :)

"You see the world in black and white, not painted right." -Low

"And I heard it on the radio, that somewhere up above and in my heart, they'll be tearing us apart." -Moving to Mars

"Those Christmas Lights, light up the street, down where the sea and city meet." -Christmas Lights

"How long before I get in? Before it starts, before I begin?" -Speed of Sound

I'm dead on the surface

But I'm screaming underneath

Amsterdam (in fact ALL of Amsterdam).

got my right side fighting,

While my left hides under the chairs..

Major Minus

am I part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease,

Clocks

These lyrics send goosebumps through me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Lovely thread ! Let me think of a few:

Is there anybody out there who is lost and hurt and lonely too ?

Everthing I know is wrong, everthing I do, it just comes undone !

I wanna live life and always be true, and I wanna live life and be good to you

"I wanna fly, never come down, in my life.....", still in O "maybe one day, i can fly with you..." - I just saw Little Prince film locally (Rainbow Hall :)), and it is a nice adaption, adding two "narrative" roles to make it more connected to daily life state/mentality~ having some really good visual transcendental effects. There is one scene where the stars (light of soul or other meanings...) flying outo the space freely - maybe a connection with AFoS ~

"Maybe I'm ghost

A spectre on a roller coast'

Thorn without a rose

Something people fear"

"I know I'm dead on the surface

But I am screaming underneath"

"A warning sign

It came back to haunt me and I realized

That you were an island and I passed you by

And you were an island to discover"

"Hundreds of years in the future

There could be computers

Looking for life on earth"

"I wanna live life and always be true

I wanna live life and be good to you

I wanna fly and never come down

And live my life and have friends around"

"Now the sky could be blue

I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time"

"If the sky's gonna fall down

It can fall on me

If you're gonna break down

You can break on me"

"We are meeting for the first time

Singing this space symphony"

"See it in a new sun rising

See it break on your horizon

Oh, come on love, stay with me"

"Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

Tears stream down your face

And I..."

About the making of Speed of Sound:

"This song is about the things we take for granted, the really incredible things or really terrible things you just accepted happen, but don't really understand why." - Will Champion

" It was about recognize miracles and incredible things there are around you all the time and not necessary have to explain them or work them out. Because we have a tendency to over analyze everything and worry about the things to much. It really about to enjoy or be terrifed by miracles and tragedies and not necessary have to explain them." - Chris Martin

About the making of Speed of Sound:

"This song is about the things we take for granted, the really incredible things or really terrible things you just accepted happen, but don't really understand why." - Will Champion

" It was about recognize miracles and incredible things there are around you all the time and not necessary have to explain them or work them out. Because we have a tendency to over analyze everything and worry about the things to much. It really about to enjoy or be terrifed by miracles and tragedies and not necessary have to explain them." - Chris Martin

That interpretation is actually a bit ironic. The band went through a lot of worrying and over analyzing just when they were recording X&Y. They are their own biggest critics and for that reason they have never fully appreciated it. The album that they thought was sub-par and took for granted is loved by a lot of fans like myself.