✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

My wife and I went to the show last night. Our original seats were section 241 row 24. Some guy came up to us and started asking us questions and tells us he works for the band. Asked us to sing fix you so we did and he gave us front row tickets. It was one of the most amazing things to ever happen to us. It was special because the tickets were an anniversary gift for my wife. I wish I would have asked him for his name but we were both in shock. It was a great show.

Heyy! I sat right near you I think...we were the girls who came during Duffy and you asked us if someone gave us the seats but we got them through the charity auction!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heyy! I sat right near you I think...we were the girls who came during Duffy and you asked us if someone gave us the seats but we got them through the charity auction!

yes that was us. I thought when I read this it might have been you. It was so amazing being that close. We were a little upset about forgetting our camera and phones to get some pictures but we never thought in a million years we would be that close.

That was one of the roadies. His name is Miller :) I'm glad you got moved and had a great time :D And welcome

Thank you for the info. I just wish there was some way we could thank him. He gave us an amzing moment we will remember the rest of our lives

Anybody here have a "lazy section", everyone sat down...for like, the entire show! Very disheartening :(

BUT ME, MY BFF AND TWO ASIAN CHICKS DANCE THE WHOLE NIGHT!

They were so funny, really drunk out of their mind...they got progressivly worse as the night went on...at first the Guy comments were PG, then they got N-17 my 42. LOLOLO!

In all my excitement I forgot my camera so I have so much stuff on my phone. I already ordered prints of those and I'm still trying to figure out how to upload my videos to my computer. My friend had a disposable camera (which made us look like we were in 1995!) but those pictures haven't been developed yet!

MEMORIES

24EXPflash-cameras_Thumb.jpg

Hey, who can get some great shots with them...look at Parachuets!

hiya everyoneeeee havent been around for a few days... ive been so sick all i did was sleep for a few days lol

my friend has a few short vids of the show, some of CoL, IMP, Yellow, and Chris introducing will as joe the plumber =P

OH she also got them running by us when they were going up for the C stage... its pretty funny hearing us scream so loudly (especially when we see guy) haha

btw... anyone else feeling withdrawals? =[

Coldplay Living La Vida in New Jersey

Coldplay_in_Sao_Paulo.jpg

Exciting, colorful, engaging, and thoughtful, the British rock band Coldplay showed New Jersey its rainbow last week. The group played East Rutherford’s Izod Center (home to the New Jersey Nets) before a crowd of 20,000 people as part of their Viva La Vida Tour on Tuesday. The tour began in New York City’s Madison Square Garden in June with a free concert for fans who won tickets. Though this concert was far from being a giveaway, the New Jersey concert was just as impressive.

Chris Martin, lead singer of the band, claimed they aren’t used to playing in such large venues, but with the band’s increase in popularity, arenas have become inevitable. Nevertheless, Coldplay created the illusion of an intimate environment, which was achieved with spectacular lighting that reached all areas of the stadium. From the ceiling hung large spheres on which images were reflected, and during the performance of their song “Death and All His Friends,” metallic confetti shot down, wowing the crowd.

The band played their most famous songs from all three albums and made an effort to satisfy their audience. They used a variety of odd instruments and altered the hits. For example, “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face” was performed using an eerie mix of string instruments. In addition, the band members actually joined in singing with the audience for their acoustic performance of “The Scientist,” and they left their most famous single, “Yellow,” for the encore, as requested by the crowd.

Martin’s onstage banter was also fairly dynamic. When he muddled the lyrics, he stopped the song, asked the crowd whether he had made a mistake, and started over. He spoke to an audience of thousands as if there were no more than a dozen people in the room. “Recently in Ohio there have been terrible problems with drainage because a lot of the plumbers have been busy doing interviews around the world,” he joked before the song “The Hardest Part.” He dedicated it, deadpan, to those with “drainage problems.”

Coldplay pulled out all the theatrics at the end. A large flag with the word “Viva” dropped down behind the band as they finished playing their last song. The cheering went on for at least ten minutes until the band finally came out for an encore. “Yellow” is always a crowd-pleaser, so the wait was worthwhile.

While Coldplay’s energy impressed, the opening act was lackluster. British soul singer Duffy was unable to rally enough enthusiasm from the crowd, and although she admitted to never having played for such a large audience before, she was still awkward. The performance was average, the lights were lacking, and the listeners were uninterested.

In all, though, that night in Jersey was an exhilarating whirlwind from America’s favorite chart-toppers.

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/node/56656

• 1 year later...