✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Can't believe the upgrades were given to people here, that's incredibly awesome Though I'm insanely jealous too.

I volunteered with Oxfam tonight so I arrived at 530pm. But the Izod Center is a mess, they almost wouldn't let us park our car b/c of the Jets game. The security people didn't know to leave one door open for people to go in and everyone(including venue staff) were bitching about that.

We saw Pete around 5:40pm and then met up with the rest of the volunteers. There were like ~13 volunteers tonight. Our job was to get people to sign up for the Oxfam e-mail list, we did it from 7pm-9pm. I thought it was going to be easier but people are surprisingly apprehensive about signing up for stuff. Maybe it's that NYC area people mentality. But most people were at least nice about not signing up. Except for that one guy who told one of the other volunteers that he lives for injustice. wth.

As for the show, Pete had various tickets. He says he gets them from from the production crew. I got a nosebleed section one, but I upgraded myself to a 2nd row 200 level for the second half of the concert. The place being packed made upgrading earlier in the show kinda hard. I'm sorry to say this, but the fans in the nosebleed section were pretty dead. The view was still decent, and they still sounded great. I was so excited that "The Hardest Part" was played in full, not like the last time in CT. Chris made some jokes about drainage problems in Ohio since all the Joe the Plumbers were busy.

I got up for a break when the guys ran into the crowd, but positioned myself pretty close to them after I got back and had a very good view of them. The second half of the concert was great, I finally was in a more happening section and they were a lot more into it. I got more into it and the place went nuts during Yellow. And then it was over. :-( Sorry I have no pictures to post, wasn't really in the best positions. I'll be back there tomorrow and I'll be ready. Please also, if any of you have not signed up on the Oxfam email list please do so with one of the volunteers around the arena or at one of the 2 tables.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i triiied to keep it short :) lol

This show was so so great!!! They were really on fire! :guitarist: Chris sang wonderfully:D. (The only little hiccup I noticed was his voice was a little off on Strawberry Swing, but otherwise flawless!) I guess having your wife & Mother-in-law in the audience gives you extra motivation ;) I think they were better tonight than when I saw them in Philly in July. Actually, I think this might be the BEST I’ve seen them in a big arena—seriously. They truly are the top of their game right now. The set was smooth and they were all so into it!!! Lookin hot&sounding good!:dance:

Crowd in general was soo good too. I was a little worried, especially not sitting on floor is sometimes a cooler vibe, but everyone around me was dancing&jumping&singing. (of course I am a nut no matter where you put me:rolleyes5:; the guy next to me I think was getting annoyed by my high pitched screaming!) A sweet moment I witnessed was a Mom and her, maybe 11yr old, daughter hugging during Yellow:heart:, they both danced around the whole show. Crowd was especially good during VLV, Fix You, Yellow, of course.

It was so fun texting back&forth with Mel and Christa—thanks guys for that! It was (almost) like you were there. When Mel told me she read that AproximatelyInfinite got seat upgrade I was sooo excited! And I don’t even know you LOL. I tried to look for an Amsterdam tshirt in the front rows :lol: Christa, I was trying to figure out where we’ll be tomorrow—and if it’s really 7th row in that first section, I will LOSE IT!:oHaha Ramp and B-stage will be RIGHTTHERE!

Ok, nobody laugh at me, but I almost cried 3xs! I’ve gotten emotional at Coldplay shows before, but not like this. One big fat tear fell during Fix You.:cry: I was just so happy to be there, and they sounded great, and Coldplay’s music means so much to me. Lovers in Japan was beeeeauuutiful:flutterby:, I think my fave of the night; if I wasn’t so hyped up and afraid people would be looking at me, I would’ve just let the floodgates open:bigcry:. Other highlights for me were hearing COL live for the 1st time, and Lost! has such meaning for me lately & that beat sounds great, and Politik-just…such an amazing powerful song! Oh and I loved that VLV remix before encore..

Just a wonderful night. Coldplay never disappoints, and always leaves me in greats spirits!! Hope everyone else had a great time too! (now I’m too hyped up and can’t go to sleep!)

Ooops, forgot to post these 2videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQ5c3QMzN0]YouTube - Coldplay--Cemeteries of London NJ 10-26-08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8R_VVMcuQY]YouTube - Coldplay-The Hardest Part/Postcards from Far Away[/ame]

one of the greatest shows ever! im too tired/still strangely wired to write a good review. but everyone else has pretty much said it! duffy was a great choice for an opener, very glad to have seen her live! when gwen stepped out to her seat with her mum, i thought the whole freakin place was just going to stampede her! it was crazy!! some awesome changes from the previous leg of the tour. my highlight was lovers in japan, i cant get enough of that song and hearing will's drum beats no matter how simple they are..gets me every freakin time!!!! i took a bunch of pictures though none of them are TOO spectacular. i was in section 230 row 16. seemed like that area, most of the people were pretty dead. it was actually kind of disappointing in that fact! only time everyoen stood up was for VLV and Yellow. :( oh well! my friend and i were standing hte whole time...cept for the scientist and DWNC..since we couldnt see past the white screen :) here are two videos that i took..there are more that i will post later.

LOST

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUKeOh8s6EA]YouTube - coldplay lost izod center 10/26/08[/ame]

LOVERS IN JAPAN <3333

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziMo78KJXlw]YouTube - coldplay lovers in japan izod center 10/26/08[/ame]

sorry for crappy quality!

OH, ps. my friend is actually on tour with them as a lighting roadie. shes a GREAT girl and was one of the people break dancing/shining flash lights during the blue danube intro. i got to talk to her beforehand and she is having a BLAST so far on this tour! (even if tonight was only the 2nd show :)) although i am EXTREMELY jealous, im also very proud of her cuz she deserves this more than anyone i know!!! alright enough rambling.

here is a link to my flickr with all my pix!

coldplay 102608

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all the reviews ! and Congrats on the upgrades Justin and Chelsea, sooooo happy for you ! :dance:

I missed all the fun last night.. :(

Arghh, I'm staying up tonight ! hopefully, there'll be live updates again !

^^I tried to keep it short(er) this time!:blush:

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all the reviews ! and Congrats on the upgrades Justin and Chelsea, sooooo happy for you ! :dance:

I missed all the fun last night.. :(

Arghh, I'm staying up tonight ! hopefully, there'll be live updates again !

It's so exciting to hear that other people had fun as well...and upgrades are just awesome.

Well if Mel is around again, and I haven't tapped out her text inbox LOL, I'm willing to keep you up to date on my beer intake again:rolleyes::P

Does Guy wear Calvin Kleins???:smug:

Of course he does and of course I will:D

P.S. Cooking up a banner for Detroit that you are gonna LOOOOOVE Chavi:D

has the rip on his jeans got bigger ?? :wideeyed:

me is gonna love it ? :wacky: GAAAAAH, you evil ! I wanna know NOW :bigcry:

ahhh rest is for the.... hows the saying go? the weary? well yes i am weary but im also a college student. have class at 1 =\

you guys are gonna have soooo much fun tonight. i have a feeling its gonna be even better than last night and that makes me very jealous lol but mostly jsut excited for you