✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now my song by song breakdown

Life in technicolor-Good choice for an opener. crowd was jumping like crazy and we all screamed the "woah". would have been better for me if two annoying girls weren't sneaking into my row wit htheir fake tickets

Violet Hill- Awesome. Jonny rocked the solo as i expected he would. As the first song where we could sing along it was great to hear the crowd as loud as we were.

Clocks- As i thought when i first saw them, for as popular as a song as it is it really loses something live for me. Lights though were awesome and it was still great.

In My Place- Who doesn't love this song, especially with the crowd singing along like crazy. Awesomeness.

Speed of Sound-This song just shouldn't be played. There are other songs i'd rather hear that are left out because this has to get played. Regardless, it was enjoyable and i liked it.

Cemetaries of London- Flawless. I feel bad for those of you who didn't see this one live. can't imagine a set list without it. IT was AMAZING.

Chinese Sleep Chant- This was probably the low point for the crowd during the show but i thought it was great. That song is truly rockerish!!!

42- Phenominal!!!! So good!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! That pretty much sums it up.

Fix You- The one flaw with fix you was its placement in the set list. In my opinion it should be the last song or not played at all. Having siad that, it was fucking unbelievable and they nailed it as they always do live.

Strawberry Swing- Not neccesarily sure i would right that song into the set list if i was making it, even though i love the song. It loses something live in my opinion. But as all the songs were, it was really good!!

G-d Put A Smile... and Talk (Techno)-This was the low point of the concert. I wish they would play the original version of gpasuyf and just get rid of talk completely. It was good, but not comparitive with the rest of the show...

The Hardest Part (Piano Only)- It was funny with the Joe the Plumber intro. And then also when he said "i messed up the lyric". But this was the song i was least looking forward to but it turned out to be one of the highs. Chris seemed to be very passionate singing it and it was just great.

Postcards From Far Away- I'm not really sure why they play this every night, but it is pretty and i like hearing it. I'd rather amsterdam though...

Viva La Vida- I'm so confused how it can sound so bad on tv on snl and then sound unbelievable the next night live. I got a cramp jumping around during this song. Thats never happened to me at a concert before.

Lost!- This song is sooooo good live. Guy flung his drumstick off of the big drum and some guy sitting like 2 seats to the right of me in the row in front of me made a nice snag. Chelsea nad i looked at each other in insane jealousy. People thought Jayz might come out. I'm glad he didn't. It was awesome.

The Scientist Acoustic- This was probably my favorite pre-encore part of the show. IT was beautiful. It touched me more than it ever did. Loved it. Completely changed my perspective of the song.

Death Will Never Conquer (Will)- I love this version. So much better than the piano version with chris singing. Will's voice is so good. Great addition to the setlist.

Viva La Vida Remix INterlude- What's to be said? It was fun i guess but i was so pumped up for the encore i wasn't even thinking about that part...

Politik-Why does this song insist on being so good live? The bridge part at the end gives me the chills. I almost broke dwon. IT was amazing. Truly amazing. Best part of the show for me. Also during this song i yelled to jonny and he smiled at me!!! Chris played a cool piano interlude at the end, not sure what it was, kinda dark and creepy, i loved it!!

Lovers In Japan-This was probably the crowd highlight of the show. The butterflies were so cool. The crowd was just wild. Unbelievable energy from the band. Amazing.

Death and All His Friends- This is my favorite song on the album so i might be a bit biased but it was awesomeness. When the crowd started singing the ending part it was unbelievable. Soooo Good!!!!!!

Yellow- The best thing about yellow was how they started without the acoustic intro and went right into the intense part. Caught me by surprise. Awesome live as always.

The Escapist- I didn't realize they weren't on stage for this and it was a recording. It was nice but i wish they were onstage for it.

Overall my two complaints- the techno part. Not needed. And the fact that prospekts march/dubliners was on the setlist but didn't get played!!!

regardlessk, BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Can't wait to see them agian.

excellent review thanks! D

is this Gwyneth we can see there ? :uhoh:

haha, nice job chavi!! it is :nice:

she was so cute with blythe, dancing like fools before the show even started and getting really into it from what i could see :D

ok, here is my facebook album of photos from the second row, if anyone's interested. i wish there was some way i could have brought in my SLR instead of just a point and shoot, because the pictures would be 50 times better, but hey, i can't complain :P

i'm going to gradually try to get the videos up too :D

Hey guys, first time posting on here for a fan whose been browsing this forum for a couple of months now!

Even though I was in the nose bleeds with my BF, we still had an amazing time!

Highlight of the show: Sprinting down the stairs (And I mean, full on I'M TRYING TO RUN MY BEST TIME IN TRACK SPRINTING) to the level below us to watch the guys play from the audience, if I jumped down I would have landed right over Mr. Berryman LOLO

I've got some great pics of that (Guy kept turning around, so I've got some pics of him staring right up at us while the rest of the band looks out over the crowd)

haha, nice job chavi!! it is :nice:

she was so cute with blythe, dancing like fools before the show even started and getting really into it from what i could see :D

ok, here is my facebook album of photos from the second row, if anyone's interested. i wish there was some way i could have brought in my SLR instead of just a point and shoot, because the pictures would be 50 times better, but hey, i can't complain :P

OMG Chelsea you were so close:stunned:

I would do anything to get to be that close!!! Aahaha!!!

Great pictures;)

here [/url]is my facebook album of photos from the second row, if anyone's interested. i wish there was some way i could have brought in my SLR instead of just a point and shoot, because the pictures would be 50 times better, but hey, i can't complain :P

Thanks, your pics are great... you were REALLY close!!!

Just took out all the stuff from my camera, if anyone wants:

Strawberry Swing

Talk Remix

The Hardest Part/Postcards from Far Away

The Scientist Acoustic/(Part of) Death Will Never Conquer

They're wav files (that's what my camera records them as)

Not the best quality (especially Talk Remix), but it's something.

http://rapidshare.com/files/158197064/Izod_Center_10_26_08.rar.html

Hey guys, first time posting on here for a fan whose been browsing this forum for a couple of months now!

Even though I was in the nose bleeds with my BF, we still had an amazing time!

Highlight of the show: Sprinting down the stairs (And I mean, full on I'M TRYING TO RUN MY BEST TIME IN TRACK SPRINTING) to the level below us to watch the guys play from the audience, if I jumped down I would have landed right over Mr. Berryman LOLO

I've got some great pics of that (Guy kept turning around, so I've got some pics of him staring right up at us while the rest of the band looks out over the crowd)

OMG!!!!! Please share!!!!!!!!!!! :D

cemetaries of london

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONGLERFz48

the hardest part and postcards from far away

(more for the audio than the video...i couldn't see them on the ramp too well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnLQQjiCEns

death and all his friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqsa-qEARXw

and that's all i have by way of videos :D

once again, massive apologies for the shakiness and the singing, but both were out of INTENSE excitement and were completely unavoidable :P :dance:

:embarassed: My bad...:P You can hear me yell at the beggining of strawberry swing "this song is so happy" and at the end of 42 "that was awesome" and then i'm just screaming in DAAHF

Thanks for the videos!!!!!

Anyone no what that little piano filler at the endo f politik was or am i really stupid for not noiong it?

it's from a classical song called Six Gnossiennes 1... by Erik Satie.

haha, i just went back some pages to see what things i missed out on when i saw page 17 and lore telling everyone my facebook status from last night! :D

you guys are so nice :wacky:. thanks so much for saying i deserved it :nice:. i don't know if i'd go THAT far, but when the roadie asked if i was a big coldplay fan, i made some sort of weird coughing noise/scream thing and went weak at the knees. i was gathering all the things i could have told him, like me being really active on this site and the postcards from far away project and getting in at the today show and being to the bakery and all that, but i think my weird noise and momentary unsteadiness got my point across and he just said "ok, then. i'm just going to need your original tickets."

and i went :freak:. i couldn't believe it was that easy.

when i was leading him back to my original seats to show him my original tickets, i was basically in hysterics, simultaneously screaming "OH MY GOD" and thanking him a mile a minute. he leaned into my ear and said "just try to keep it down, love. i don't want everyone up here catching on with what i'm doing!" :lol:

there is a list of all the camera crew members at the back of the program, but i wish i knew which one he was. i would write him the biggest thank-you-note in the world, for the tickets and for the setlist he gave me at the end (which i think must have been guy's, because he was guy's main cameraguy, it seemed).

Front Row!! Jonny is my hero!

I got tickets through the Oxfam charity auction for VIP tickets and when I got there found out that I had 1st row- it was the greatest night ever!

As if the night wasn't already UNBELIEVABLE...

After the encore Jonny came over to where me and my friend were standing and smiled at us and threw his guitar picks to us!!!

I got tickets through the Oxfam charity auction for VIP tickets and when I got there found out that I had 1st row- it was the greatest night ever!

As if the night wasn't already UNBELIEVABLE...

After the encore Jonny came over to where me and my friend were standing and smiled at us and threw his guitar picks to us!!!

Hi!

Welcome here! I'm quite new myself. :)

Lucky you!

Must have been great to be in front row!!

And you've got a great souvenir... I'm happy for you!

Did you take pictures?

In all my excitement I forgot my camera so I have so much stuff on my phone. I already ordered prints of those and I'm still trying to figure out how to upload my videos to my computer. My friend had a disposable camera (which made us look like we were in 1995!) but those pictures haven't been developed yet!

twas a great show for sure, perfect setlist (not sure how I feel about the GPASUYF/Talk remix though). The Scientist acoustic was fantastic (anyone here sitting in the section Coldplay came to?). My only major problem with their concert was that IT WAS TOO SHORT!! I mean one song encore? Are you kidding me?