✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA we're all a mess!:mad: I can't sleep (only got 2hrs) and so wound up for tonight.

Jo, if you'll be around tonight, I'll be texting Mel again and try to keep a count on how many beers Christa has LOL(JK, I'll keep an eye on her:P)

oh i wouldnt miss that for the world!!! :laugh3:

I couldn't go to sleep last night, hence the writing. But I had a good sleep last night and will be ready for tonight. I'm just worried my hearing will go from two days straight of loudness, Rangers game on Sat and Coldplay round 1.

you were at the ranger game on saturday? where were your seats i was there too! how amazing was that????

you were at the ranger game on saturday? where were your seats i was there too! how amazing was that????

That's crazy. My friend got last minute nose bleed seats at 409, I've been to an Islanders game but this was a lot different. Though this is still only my second hockey game live. The NY fans are vicious, lol. I can't believe that take out the goalie play actually worked and it ended in shootout.

I'm a little slow on the uptake of reviews so I won't post a review since most of it's been said, but I will say that I TALKED TO PHIL LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to my section just after Duffy ended and I was sitting there taking it all in when all the sudden I see Phil on the steps in my aisle, right next to me. I'm like, "holy shit, that's Phil". I'm too shy to say hello to him so I was just staring. He was looking out over the section and the next think i know, he leans in to me (yikes!) and says, "is this section 120?" I said, "yes, it is" and he smiled and looked right at me and said, "thanks very much". Ok, so I didn't have a conversation about he and Chris and their childhood shenanigans, but I STILL spoke to him. :) he kept returning to the section looking around. Then right before the show, I saw him with two men i did not recognize and he brought them to their seats and shook their hands. Obviously he was looking for these guys the whole time. Then he went all the way down to the stage and jumped over the barrier and went backstage. Super cool.

Gwyneth was also in my section. When she and her mom went to their seats my whole section started taking pictures. I had a bird's eye view of her the whole time and she was rocking out like everyone else. Blythe was also doing a little booty shakin! lol! Gwyn especially seemed to enjoy when the lights would come up and the crowd was singing along. She kept looking out over the crowd almost in awe. Must be surreal for her!

Anyway, the boys were in amazing form last night. Chris was fantasitc and I have to say I just LOVED all the extra piano stuff he did. It shows how far ranging his talent is and I appreciated it so much. And while I'm not a huge fan of The Hardest Part, last night it took on a new meaning. With just Chris and the piano, it sounded like quite a lovely song and it was sweet that he said he likes playing it.

Overall a fantastic night and I can't wait to see them again tonight!!!!!

That's so cool that some of you were upgraded! :hat2:

I always wondered, the seats you're gettting then, are they from people who didn't show up.. or just for fans who are crazy and fan enough to ask for an upgrade? *g*

Well, sounds you all had big fun!

The Coldplay show was out of this stratosphere ridiculous last night. It was at the Izod Center, and our seats were pretty much as sick as they were for the Stone Temple Pilots show at the Borgata couple months back. Unfortunately, my digital camera is broken, so I had to settle for a disposable. If any of the pics came out though, they are going to be INSANE! Chris Martin was all up in our grills, so much in fact that his sweat hit my girlfriend; that's right, Chris Martin's sweat hit my girlfriend, amazing. We also spotted Gwyneth Paltrow at the show, and we actually had better seats than she did. I also caught her mom singing along to "In My Place" which was as amusing as the song was amazing.

A detailed review is coming soon, I wanted to try to get the ridiculous pictures up with it also, so hopefully it should be in the next couple days. In the meantime, here's the setlist which was phenomenal, heavy on the "Viva La Vida" and "Rush of Blood to the Head" as well as "X&Y." The alternate arrangements they did, especially on "The Hardest Part," gave the songs some freshness, and "Yellow" was the only song from "Parachutes" that made it into the set. Stay tuned for more!

http://johnnybeblogging.blogspot.com/2008/10/viva-la-coldplay-izod-centerfull-review.html

And while I'm not a huge fan of The Hardest Part, last night it took on a new meaning. With just Chris and the piano, it sounded like quite a lovely song and it was sweet that he said he likes playing it.

Overall a fantastic night and I can't wait to see them again tonight!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your story, ccsg!

I had goosebumps during The Hardest Part in Strasbourg...

Since then I listened so often to the piano version that I can't count it anymore. :)

It's so beautiful.

And every time I read from somebody that they think that the song was special I remember the concert, smile and agree!!

Okay as promised here are all of the videos I took (except for the Lost! vid I have I somehow forgot to get it off my camera :confused: )

I was using my dad's camera and I didn't quite know how to work it so for some reason I couldn't zoom in/out once I hit record it was really annoying and I had to leave out either Guy/Will alot because they wouldn't fit in the frame.

I'll put them under a spoiler cut because there are so many:

Yellow pt 1&2

In My Place

Jonny/Chris love (IMP)

Lovers in Japan

Politik

Death and all His Friends

Fix You

Saying Goodbye/Bows

Running to C-stage

Violet Hill

Ok, so I took a little "nap" after waking up so early, and I'm feeling a little more normal, and I come here and go back to batshit crazy!!!!:laugh3:

ccsg-- you TALKED to PHIL!:bomb: You're going to be a minor celebrity around here LOL...

and someone's girlfriend got Chris's sweat on her?!?! LOL I love that the guy wasn't like "eww" more like COOOL.

ohmystarisfadingThanks for all those vids!

And now I'm back to nuuuttttssss&excited for tonight.:dizzy2: (Coldplay-mania is going to kill me).

CookyMnstr, yes, I was so stinking excited about talking to Phil so thanks for being excited with me. When i told my husband and friends, I got a rousing sound of crickets. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS BUT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS BUT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Preaching to the choir! If it weren't for this place, I'd think I was weird.;):P

And don't worry, I won't be the only one excited about not even a Phil sighting, PHIL CONTACT!:laugh3:(you should post your story in the PHIL IS HOT thread)