24-Sep-2008: Stadthalle, Vienna - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played The Scientist!

And I think the setlist was same as in Budapest and Prague

And someone in first row ask something Chris and he replied : "We will play it, but later. Not yet" or something like that. Was it about Glass of water?

btw beautiful concert! Some guy who was sitting near me looks exactly like Will, he has the same T-shirt, face and everything and he was sooo enjoying the concert :D

The setlist as following:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (piano version)

The Hardest Part (Chris alone at the piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic - at the back, where nobody expected them)

Death Will Never Conquer (Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

Encore: Yellow

This was, I have to say, the best concert I've ever gone to. For starters, Albert Hammond Jr was terrific as the supporting act, he had some very good rock songs, couldn't really hear what he was singing about but obviously it didn't matter! After then half an hour after AHJ, we heard a familiar melody!

"An der schönen blauen Donau" by Johann Strauss II, the crowd obviously went crazy! And right at the end of that song, Coldplay came to the stage. It was just totally amazing! They played really fast through LIT, Violet Hill (with a bit of alternative ending, Chris just wouldn't stop singing "if you love me, won't you let me know" - it's probably because we didn't want him to stop! As they went into 'Clocks' we saw some of the most fantastic lightshow ever, with a giant magic sphere just adding up to what was already a great performance. And then Chris came in front and said "Guten Abend, meine Freunde". The crowd went wooooow! He continued: "Wir sind sehr, how could I put this, I'm sorry, my german's shit, wir sind sehr glucklich in Wien zu sein" /(very honoured to be here)

Typical Chris, as the crowd went crazy! As they went through In My Place, Speed Of Sound, Cemeteries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant, 42, Fix You (again at the end, Chris just wouldn't stop singing 'and I will try to fix you', he repeated that many times) and Strawberry Swing there were some brilliant effects!

As they went to the B-stage, which was really not far away from A-stage to be honest, we left the grandstand, and then sneaked through another entrance, so we were like a few meters away from Chris' piano! Phenomenal to say at least, we were jumping like maniacs by the time Viva La Vida had started. After its end, we were just doing 'whoooaaahh, whoooaah' for more than 2 mins, I'm sure of it!

Lost! was so heavy that the floor started to vibrate, and I at that point even wasn't close to the A-stage! Really amazing! The Scientist was an acoustic version, they dissapeared from the A-stage and ended in the back with the crowd on the grandstand. They sang that and "Death will never conquer" by the best 'sportsman' Will Champion and returned for Politik and Lovers in Japan - again huge confetti, I got some of those, really amazing. Death and all his friends was a marvellous version, a bit heavier than usual, and it looked as if the crowd knew each and every word of it! They said bye at the end of it, and returned for Yellow, which was heavy, rock, fantastic whatever you want to call it.

I just wanted to let you know my feelings about it and think that's about the best thing you can see today. There's no way to better Coldplay's concert. Truly great.

:)

http://ondemand.orf.at/zib/player.php?id=zib24&day=2008-09-24 - click Coldplay Gast In Wien and there's some short video!

Yeaaa MIHA!!!

Every word you said is totally right, what a great show... and it´s amazing how much energy chris martin has!!!

I was really surprised how good the crowed allready knew the lyrics from there latest album....

for me it was the best show I´ve seen so far, only Pearl Jam (last Year) reached the same level!!

p.s. and today it´s time for me and mr. leonard cohen..... ;)

he has his night tonight in vienna!!

ty for the setlist and the review :D

The setlist as following:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (piano version)

The Hardest Part (Chris alone at the piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic - at the back, where nobody expected them)

Death Will Never Conquer (Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

Encore: Yellow

This was, I have to say, the best concert I've ever gone to. For starters, Albert Hammond Jr was terrific as the supporting act, he had some very good rock songs, couldn't really hear what he was singing about but obviously it didn't matter! After then half an hour after AHJ, we heard a familiar melody!

"An der schönen blauen Donau" by Johann Strauss II, the crowd obviously went crazy! And right at the end of that song, Coldplay came to the stage. It was just totally amazing! They played really fast through LIT, Violet Hill (with a bit of alternative ending, Chris just wouldn't stop singing "if you love me, won't you let me know" - it's probably because we didn't want him to stop! As they went into 'Clocks' we saw some of the most fantastic lightshow ever, with a giant magic sphere just adding up to what was already a great performance. And then Chris came in front and said "Guten Abend, meine Freunde". The crowd went wooooow! He continued: "Wir sind sehr, how could I put this, I'm sorry, my german's shit, wir sind sehr glucklich in Wien zu sein" /(very honoured to be here)

Typical Chris, as the crowd went crazy! As they went through In My Place, Speed Of Sound, Cemeteries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant, 42, Fix You (again at the end, Chris just wouldn't stop singing 'and I will try to fix you', he repeated that many times) and Strawberry Swing there were some brilliant effects!

As they went to the B-stage, which was really not far away from A-stage to be honest, we left the grandstand, and then sneaked through another entrance, so we were like a few meters away from Chris' piano! Phenomenal to say at least, we were jumping like maniacs by the time Viva La Vida had started. After its end, we were just doing 'whoooaaahh, whoooaah' for more than 2 mins, I'm sure of it!

Lost! was so heavy that the floor started to vibrate, and I at that point even wasn't close to the A-stage! Really amazing! The Scientist was an acoustic version, they dissapeared from the A-stage and ended in the back with the crowd on the grandstand. They sang that and "Death will never conquer" by the best 'sportsman' Will Champion and returned for Politik and Lovers in Japan - again huge confetti, I got some of those, really amazing. Death and all his friends was a marvellous version, a bit heavier than usual, and it looked as if the crowd knew each and every word of it! They said bye at the end of it, and returned for Yellow, which was heavy, rock, fantastic whatever you want to call it.

I just wanted to let you know my feelings about it and think that's about the best thing you can see today. There's no way to better Coldplay's concert. Truly great.

:)

http://ondemand.orf.at/zib/player.php?id=zib24&day=2008-09-24 - click Coldplay Gast In Wien and there's some short video!

No problem, it was so fantastic I had to write something about it;)

Amazing show.

Oh Chris also changed a line in Politik, "20000 Austrians watching us"!

yeahh :laugh3: but he couldn´t know that there was at least one from slowakia called miha, and behind me there were also some british people... :)

but this is just 4 statistics... :laugh3: