✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Sep-2008: Olympiahalle, Munich - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

OH MY GOD sorry for stealing your thunder but it's good!

what kind of camera do you have?

Canon Powershot S3 IS.

It's quite big to smuggle it inside the venue, but it makes good videos (and photos) for its price.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was whiskey he'd be in a heap on the floor surely :stunned: :lol:

Well, when they got back to the main stage, Chris already regretted having drunk it because he sighed and said something like "I shouldn't have drunk that one..." :laugh3:

Canon Powershot S3 IS.

It's quite big to smuggle it inside the venue, but it makes good videos (and photos) for its price.

how did you get it in?! :stunned:

I have a panasonic lumix fz28 which is about the same size... I want to take it but I'm afraid they'll take it from me and then I'll have to sign stuff which will take up my front row spot... so yikes...

how did you get it in?! :stunned:

I have a panasonic lumix fz28 which is about the same size... I want to take it but I'm afraid they'll take it from me and then I'll have to sign stuff which will take up my front row spot... so yikes...

I had it in my rucksack which they didn't even search. If they found it, I would say it's not a professional camera and hope for their understanding.

While filming Clocks, one of the security guys interrupted me, checked my camera and then left.

yeah that's what I;m really afraid of, that happened to a guy we were with at brixton only he had to step outside and hand it in... I think I;m not going to take it... I'd be all nerves during and that's just not worth it...

but your vids are great!

and those pics above too!

Coldplay - Munich - 26.09.2008

Just got back to work after an amazing weekend, seeing Coldplay finish there tour of Germany in the Olympic Hall. What can a say, regardless of whether you are a Coldplay fan or not, it was definately a great experiance. Brilliant backdrops, cool effects and overall a great concert. Only just a couple of days after all the videos are already being streamed on youtube. These are just a couple of my favorite, and its not just because it was where i was standing either.

You can see lots more videos of this concert on youtube but

, thats just a idea of what it was like.

Of course it wouldn’t be right to go to munich at this time of year without visiting the Munich Oktoberfest. Despite arriving at about 11 in the morning, all tents were already full and tens of thousands of people had already started drinking. So if you’re thinking about visiting oktoberfest, the best advice I give is…Book a Table, or you will have no chance of getting in there. Although, as an alternative to Oktoberfest you can always go into the city centre and visit the local brewery which just so happens to be opposite the “Hard Rock Cafe”. The hard rock has a great atmosphere and is a really cool place for a few beers ( or 5/6) with a huge mixture of nationalities but for the evening festivities you really need to jump in a taxi and get yourself to “kuntzfabrik”….and small area of bars and clubs that are a hell of a lot of fun.

well I apologise if this has turned into a bit of a munich review, but if you’ve been already then you will know its a fantastic city and if you haven’t, well you need to get your ass down there and experiance some proper german culture. I guarantee you’ll love it!!!

http://www.guitarrisingtab.com/blog/?p=11

Coldplay in München und viele Hüte

Am Freitag konnte ich mein Geburtstagsgeschenk vom Fluffi einlösen: Eine Karte zum vollständig ausverkauften Coldplay Konzert in der Münchner Olympiahalle. Zusammen mit unzähligen anderen Freunden der gepflegten Musik bestaunten wir die 1A Bühnenshow, die aus tollen Lichteffekten, ungewöhnlichen Performance-Orten (*schwupps* standen die Jungs mal mitten im Publikum auf einer Bühne, mal tauchten sie oben auf den Rängen auf und sangen dort - großes Kino!) und einer klasse Gesangsleistung von Chris Martin (und natürlich auch den anderen Dreien).

Bei YouTube gibt es bei der Suche nach “Coldplay Munich” auch schon das ein oder andere Video zu betrachten - aber live ists einfach besser. Ein klasse Geburtstagsgeschenk!!!

http://caro.sued-schweden.de/myblog/?p=209

Coldplay in München

Gestern stand schon seit einigen Monaten “geheimes Geburtstagsgeschenk” in unserem Kalender. Seit vergangener Woche war es nicht mehr geheim, denn da hatte ich Caro zwei Karten für das Coldplay-Konzert in München geschenkt.

coldplay_pan02.thumbnail.jpg

In der ausverkauften Olympiahalle gaben die vier ein klasse Konzert zum Besten, mit toller Bühnenshow und unerwarteten Überraschungen - z.B. als sie plötzlich mitten im Publikum standen (Caro hat ein Youtube-Video davon in ihrem Blogbeitrag verlinkt inkl. “we wish you a happy octoberfest”).

coldplay_03.thumbnail.jpg

Leider war die Handykamera etwas überfordert, daher sind meine Fotos alle nicht so umwerfend. Von den briefmarkengroßen 30-Sekundenvideos ganz zu schweigen. Bei Youtube gibt’s inzwischen schon einige Videos anderer Konzertgänger, wobei keines davon dem offiziellen Konzertvideo den Rang streitig machen dürfte… bester Schutz vor solchen Mitschnitten scheint wohl eine gute Soundanlage zu sein, bei der die eingebauten Mikrofone der Digicams hoffnungslos übersteuern.

Lustig war auch eine zufällige Begegnung am Wüstchenstand (augerechnet genau der Stand, bei dem es am leckersten roch und bei dem wir uns deswegen eine Bratwurst gegönnt haben), aber das nur als familiärer Insider an dieser Stelle

Ein sehr schöner Abend, ich glaub so Geschenke werd ich öfters machen

Viele Grüße

Fluffi

http://www.winzipp.org/coldplay-in-munchen/

I was a real "luckypig" (no idea if this exists in english, but maybe you guys know what I mean :), because I got a ticket on the day of the concert - I was sooooo happy.

And I was standing in the front row although I wasn´t at the entrance before 5 p.m.

It was fabulous, fantastic, amazing, unbelievable. I´m still feeling charmed...

I don´t want to describe the show again, it has already been done.

I just want to mention one thing. When the 4 said goodbye to the fans, there was a guy coming up next to me holding up a piece of paper that said something like "Will, please would you give me your drumsticks ?!" And Will read the paper, turned around and went for his drumsticks givig one to the guy and throwing the other one to somebody else !!!!!!

I was speechless with admiration about this close contact and interaction with the fans - and felt lucky for this guy :thumbsup: