✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

04-Oct-2008: Sportpaleis, Antwerp - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you never were innocent....

our videos of in my place together ( I hope this time) turn off your sound though cause it will sound awfull

start first and second together. then when first ends quickly start 3rd! hope this works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5QGh0vC6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIxsRA-hIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBEaNs4raw

Here’s the rest of the story of the most amazing weekend Ive ever had so far in my life !

Didnt get much sleep.. but it’ll be alright ! it’s gonna be the 6th time I see Coldplay live in 34 days for the Viva la vida Tour !!! we’re on a OMG-we-met-Chris-Martin-last-night high, and nothing can bring us down ! We’re leaving for Antwerp early in the morning, because WE NEED our front row spots again ! we have people to say Hi to you know =P hehe ! Carla and I are the 4th and 5th person to be at the venue (which is an ugly one btw..). The doors are wide open, the roadies are setting up the stage, we can see it from outside.. weeee, we’re gonna be right over there tonight ! So we’re sitting here against the glass windows making new banners for the band and Reno Bo. Ninke (aka Fryske Famke) joins us and gives us our tickets. We have a pizza for lunch which was a very nice idea I must say as it probably was the only real meal we had for two days ; when we see Pete from Oxfam inside the venue.. We knock on the windows and wave but he doesn’t notice us. So we make him a banner which says ‘Hey Pete’ and he sees us, quite surprised again ! but he laughed so it was great ! made the waiting a little less long.. :P Later, we see him outside the venue this time and thank him for mentioning us in his blog :). Around 5pm, Carla tells me she could hear a new song played during soundcheck (which was surely Glass of water) when she got back to the car. I hear it too when I go across the street to get some water at the pizza place. It’s very exciting, we’re hoping they’ll play it tonight.

They open the door at 6:35pm, the security is being FUCKING ANNOYING but eventually we get through, and so we run ! I don’t know how it happened but I managed to get an Oxfam flyer when running ! Hehe Good job me ! :lol: we struggled through security who was telling us to slow down but GOT OUR FRONT ROW RESERVED SPOTS, center right between Chris and Guy : PERFECT ! a bit upset at the beginning because people who came much later to the venue got perfect center spots, but later we realise that ours are simply THE BEST ! we were between, on one side two guys who were a bit weird as they were nice but wouldn’t want to share their pics and wouldn’t admit it (thank you…………. whatever) and one the other side two young girls who had the lyrics printed on papers and were practicing with their ipod on.. COME ON, SERIOUSLY ??!!!!!!! you don’t know the songs ?? WTF ?! :dozey: !! That was pretty annoying, but huuh.. anyways. Thank God the guy behind us was nice .. Well, from what I understood.. he spoke mostly to Carla in Dutch. I had no idea what the hell they were talking about actually ! Haha !

(okay, I’ll just shut up.. this is getting way too long for a review.. is not even a review Haha :lol:)

Highlights :

-We waved some balloons and the ‘Hey Reno, how you doin’ ?’ banner and he saw us !!! he even laughed hehe ! again, we were the only ones clapping at the front ! Poor Albert ! We got two setlists of the band which were directly given to us by a roadie ! SWEET ! and also one of the guitar picks Reno threw in our direction !

-LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR : I keep repeating myself in each review, but the beginning is always AMAZING! That’s when the fun starts and you cant get tired of it ! Never ever !

-Violet hill : Chris said HEY !!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! he saw and recognized the ‘you make me shiver’ banner he signed the night before in Rotterdam ! OMG !

-In my place : the yeahs were pretty awesome ! so much energy and that’s when the guys gather. AWESOME ! and the drums always kick ass in that song !

-Just before Cemeteries of London : ‘We hope you have a great time, Please sing with us, THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO’VE BEEN TO OTHER SHOWS BEFORE THIS ONE!’ :stunned: OMG is he talking about us and pointing in OUR direction at the same time ? OH YEAH HE IS ! Yaaay !

-CSC : I love it ! I love it ! I love it ! oh and I love it !

-Fix you : Tears almost streamed down my face ! I swear !

-Viva la vida and Lost! Such a great combination ! it rocks live !

-it was Ongeloofelijk ! Chris’s new favorite word ! haha !

-We started the cellphone thing during the Viva remix ! That was much better than in Rotterdam ! Come on people do it it’s fun ! no one saw the video from Paris or what?

-Politik !! I was dead tired after that one ! it was so great and powerful !

-Lovers in Japan, again the tears.. but no ! I enjoyed as much as I could !

-Chris waving back at us when he goes off stage before the last encore ! Weeeeeeeeeeee !

-GLASS OF WATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as we saw Chris heading to the piano WE JUST KNEW ! Such a nice present from them ! the song rocks live, I cant wait to hear the studio version. It really is something to discover a song for the first time when it’s played live. You just enjoy and you cannot not fall for it ! I thought it’d be more a slow song, but I was gladly surprised !

-When they played Glass of water it was probably one of the first time I see Albert Hammond Jr smiling and laughing like this at a Coldplay concert ! Haha !

-They took their time to say bye to Europe.. that was nice and emotional. And that was it !

-Got a setlist from the other cameraman who came to us, although he was far and could’ve given it to someone closer .. THANK YOU!

We knew, or had the feeling that the band left already but we still went to the back entrance. But no German vans this time.. bummer! We met the famous ping pong table, after sneaking in backstage when we saw a door open ! nothing can stop us hehe ! we went upstairs, went into the lounge bar, but no Coldplay.. so we left. Later, we went back and saw Pete again. Great moment !

And we went back home..

that was the end .. of this tour leg I mean ! Don’t worry, I’ll be back :P !

my videos

my photos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...