04-Oct-2008: Sportpaleis, Antwerp - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5* Review :D

Coldplay, Sportpaleis Antwerpen

Torenhoge verwachtingen inlossen, het is iets waar alleen de heel grote toe in staat zijn. Na het angstwekkend perfecte concert in Antwerpen, is er maar één conclusie: Coldplay is groots, heel groots. Klonk het voorprogramma met Albert Hammond Junior – denk aan flarden van The Kooks of zelfs Arctic Monkeys – nog behoorlijk goed, dan blies Coldplay iedereen met gemak weg.

Is er iets waar Coldplay niet mee weg komt? Zaterdagavond alvast niet. De sfeer er in brengen met een dope hiphopsong en erna stijlvolle klassieke muziek op het publiek loslaten, Coldplay slaagt erin. Een Regi'tje doen door in songs als 'Talk' en 'God put a smile upon your face' een sterke elektronische basdrum verwerken, Coldplay probeert het en het werkt zowaar! Coldplay in da club, hell yeah!

Hoogtepunten? Te veel om op te noemen – het concert was een aaneenrijging van orgelpunten – maar we trachten er toch een paar op te sommen. Met 'The hardest part' solo aan de piano bewees Chris Martin niet die kwijler te zijn, maar een oersterke zanger die het Sportpaleis tot de nok begeestert. Voorts waren de muzikale orgasmen ontelbaar tijdens klassiekers als 'Clocks', 'In my place', 'Politik' en 'Yellow'. 'Fix you' zorgde voor een eerste karaokemoment, maar dan moest 'Viva la vida' nog komen. Het – laat ons eerlijk zijn – afgezaagde 'Seven nation army'-ohoh’en is voorgoed verleden tijd, vanaf nu is er het 'Viva la vida'-ohoh’en. Deal?

Een übergelukkig Sportpaleis kreeg er maar niet genoeg van en werd zowaar nog op een wereldprimeur getrakteerd. 'Glass of water' – vers van de pers – was een voorsmaakje van nieuw materiaal dat binnenkort in de winkel ligt. En als het klinkt zoals dat sterk rockende nummer, wordt beter doen dan 'Viva la vida' a piece of cake. Coldplay wordt al langer vergeleken met U2 en er wordt zelfs geroepen dat Chris Martin en co beter zijn dan Bono en de zijnen. Op hun concert afgaande zijn we echter geneigd niet eens meer te vergelijken. Hoe U2, wat U2, waar U2? Coldplay is Coldplay!

Broes Sanders

http://www.cuttingedge.be/music/gigs/98092-coldplay-sportpaleis-antwerpen

Oh Carla I love it ! :lol: only because I know what happens next :P

about the setlist we got, we were looking for our banners and putting them in your bag when the cameraman who was actually pretty far from us, directly went to us and gave it to US ! I wonder why because he could've given it to someone closer just in front of him, but NO he went to the center and gave it to US ! how lucky are we ? :D

maybe I should post a pic of it, setlist with 'Glass of water (possibly AFTER Yellow)' written on it. or maybe you already did Carla ? :uhoh:

ooh I havent said anything yet about Glass of water ! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was AMAZING ! :heart:

the dutch translator seems to have done alright!!

Coldplay, Antwerp Sportpaleis

Tower High expectations, it's something that only the very large so capable. After the frightening perfect concert in Antwerp, there is only one conclusion: Coldplay is big, very big. Sounded for the program with Albert Hammond Junior - think of snatches of The Kooks or even Arctic Monkeys - still pretty good, then blew away Coldplay anyone with ease.

Is there something that Coldplay will not get away with? At least not Saturday night. The atmosphere in there with a dope hip-hop song and afterwards stylish classical music on the public release, Coldplay manages. A Regi'tje do in songs like 'Talk' and 'God put a smile upon your face' strong basdrum electronic processing, Coldplay trying it and actually it works! Coldplay in da club, hell yeah!

Highlights? Too many to mention - the concert was an organ of aaneenrijging points - but we still try to enumerate a few. With "The hardest part 'solo at the piano proved Chris Martin not to be slobbery, but a strong singer who Sportpaleis begeestert to the rafters. Furthermore, the musical orgasms during countless classics as "Clocks", "In my place," "Politik" and "Yellow". "Fix You" led to a first karaoke moment, but then had to "Viva la vida" yet to come. The - let us be frank - humdrum 'Seven Nation ohoh'en-army' is well past time, from now on there is the' Viva la vida'-ohoh'en. Deal?

A happy at Sportpaleis but there was not enough and was actually still a world first treated. "Glass of Water '- fresh from the press - was a foretaste of new material soon in the store is located. And if it sounds as strong rocking song, is doing better than 'Viva la vida "a piece of cake. Coldplay is longer compared with U2 and there is even called that Chris Martin and co better than Bono and his friends. At their previous concert, however, we are inclined not even compare. How U2, what U2, where U2? Coldplay is Coldplay!

Broess Sanders

http://www.cuttingedge.be/music/gigs...leis-antwerpen

if anyone cares to tell me what language it is I'll try and translate. its def not french, but I've never seen written Flemish/Walloon before so I'm completely clueless. might not even be one of those :lol:

:lol:

I'm still confused after this weekend.. Dutch is a funny language :P

Ahhh Carla not only you rock but your reviews are really awesome, I can't even do my homework cause I want to know what happened after XD

By the way that's great you thanked Miller for my banner girls, thanks for that... although it belongs to Chavi too so it was her banner in a way.

Chavi I also almost cried reading your sister's story... it's crazy cause i'm really moved by your story though I didn't live that, I'm just so happy for you and I understand perfectly what you're living.

Just enjoy, girls^^

Ahhh Carla not only you rock but your reviews are really awesome, I can't even do my homework cause I want to know what happened after XD

By the way that's great you thanked Miller for my banner girls, thanks for that... although it belongs to Chavi too so it was her banner in a way.

Chavi I also almost cried reading your sister's story... it's crazy cause i'm really moved by your story though I didn't live that, I'm just so happy for you and I understand perfectly what you're living.

Just enjoy, girls^^

I thanked him for the banner, so it's all okay :nice:

aww you're sweet, thanks! I really hope we'll be able to do that together too.. shame we couldnt in Paris.

I'm going in the bath or I'll stink at work tomorrow!!! please, please please, post it before I got to bed (insert appropriate begging smilie here) :D

it's nearly done I promise like 5 minutes!

you did remember to turn the tap off? :thinking:

hmmmmm Chavi and I have an off topic thread....

sorry it's been 8 hours jen but so far I wrote 13 pages and uploaded a ton of pics and youtube videos so cpmplaints... talk to chavi... she hasn't done anythin yet :P

sorry it's been 8 hours jen but so far I wrote 13 pages and uploaded a ton of pics and youtube videos so cpmplaints... talk to chavi... she hasn't done anythin yet :P

HEY ! :angry:

I was writting a nice email to Pete :smug: leave me alone !

about the setlist we got, we were looking for our banners and putting them in your bag when the cameraman who was actually pretty far from us, directly went to us and gave it to US ! I wonder why because he could've given it to someone closer just in front of him, but NO he went to the center and gave it to US ! how lucky are we ? :D

He gave it to you because there was no one else on that venue that deserved it more :P

Ian, thanks for the pics! I like seeing Chris dressed in black again :D