✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

04-Oct-2008: Sportpaleis, Antwerp - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ran between the people and got out as fast as we could…. Went to the back but were kinda of disappointed.. we couldn’t find the vans anywhere!!! :bigcry: we hung around the tour busses for a bit but the area was much more closed off than Rotterdam, we wanted to at least see pete or reno again but mostly wanted to see ANYBODY from coldplay off course… Our feelings told us they’d left which figures.. last concert they were going home.. and like I said Guy seemed very tired, they probably did a runner… soo bummer… :P

We went back into the venue.. got us some drinks, tried to get a tour book bu t they were sold out… looked for Pete.. couldn’t find him all in all we were just about done… we sat outside to cool off, but then we were starting to get cold and thinking about going home.. we started walking to my car, but it was still pretty busy at the lot, and I said to chavi I’d rather have another look near the busses then be stuck in traffic here, she agreed and we went to the back AGAIN..

we passed a door that said back stage lounge…. We’de passed it before but there had been security. And suddenly we noticed something!

A ping pong table! THE pingpong table!!!! We neeeeeedded a picture :

DSC01342.jpg

Then suddenly someone came out and we stopped… she tried to open a door but broke the handle… it was funny, then she used another door and as she came out I said: you don’t know your own strength.. she laughed but was a bit embarresed, and walked away quite fast… leaving the door open

What? Open? Really? Should we go in? did we wanna be those girls?

We hesitated and then didn’t do it… so we kept walking to the busses again….

still nothing interesting… there was a hummer there and a man we met in line that morning said that security told him they arrived in a hummer before 10 AM… it seemed highly unlikely too us, since they’d been using the same german Mercedes vans for the entire European tour so why take a hummer now? And arriving before 10 seemed early to us too.. now it started raining and we were cold and tired so we started walking back…

passed the backstage lounge again… the door was still open… Chavi surprised me By just walking in and I hesitated at first but then thought ohhh what the heck the show is over anyway, and snuck in as well… we passed the curtain and were in awe of the ping pong table! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we hugged it and it was glad to take a picture with us… not all ping pong tables would have been that nice… we even smelled it :embarrassed: to see if it smelled like Will (we can compare it to the drumstick) I think it did!

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So now we figured… we’re inside already let’s look around… there was one door that said.. no exit, and a big set of stairs so we went up… there was a bar there and I though I started filming us… unfortunaly I didn’t press the button well enough :(but ooh well memories!

Look at chavi and the Elton john pic weeee!!!!

DSC01347.jpg

So off course we were trying to find the dressing room.. nothing there so we went up higher.. but it was a dead end (stupid venue).. disappointed we left the area said goodbye to our new friend the table and started walking to my car again..

we were just talking about how it would have been nice to see Pete again, and were bummed that we didn’t even get to see him or reno! :( when we saw a man walk in opposite direction inside the venue (there was a hall way with glass doors) Chavi yelled it’s pete! And I said is it him?! And she said yes so I ran to the door and knocked on it drawing his attention, he turned and seemed happily surprised he saw us again!

I was laughing and said : we’re not stalking you, I swear to god it’s a coincidence were not stalking you! And he laughed, we asked if he had been succesfull with the signatures and he said they got a lot, they also sold(?) chocolate bars.. he opened the box.. He said he wanted to give us some for being so dedicated and looked for an opening to pass us some, but there wasn’t any and the doors were locked..

I made some drama and went : NOOOOOOOOOOOOoo you can’t show us the chocolate and then not give it!!!! WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

He laughed and said well I want to but I can’t and then :idea2: I rememberd the backstage lounge door! And said: there’s a door open over there we could go there!

And he said okay meet me there! So we walked up there and Pete met us there, at first I meant to wait neatly at the door, but then I noticed a bin and I wanted to throw away my bottle so I just did, and then Chavi followed me in and said: uhhmmm I don’t think we’re allowed in here :lol:

We talked a bit.. (chavi what did we say? We had fun I remember that) and we thanked him, then a couple of Oxfam volunteers came out and they said by to Pete and he said : Hey guys these are the girls I met yesterday I told you about them! I was like :stunned: you’ve told them about us? That’s so nice! But I’m kind of embarrassed… well servers me right cause we embarrassed you a bit didn’t we…

And Pete said oooh noo don’t be embarrassed…. And yeah I was a little hehehe… then some security guy came up to us and said looking at me and chavi(in dutch) personell wasn’t allowed to go out through that door I laughed and said we don’t even work here :lipsrsealed: Pete and Chavi didn’t have fuckall Idea what was going on and and the other volunteers tried to make it okay by saying just this once it’s okay I explained to Pete, and said to the others just go run for your lives :lol: Pete tried to calm the guard saying he was letting them out but he was staying in, the guard kept replying in dutch it was really funny, but we figured we weren’t allowed back there so we should go, we were already outside but still saying bye to Pete and then I remembered we should ask for his email so we could send him his first fan picture! Awww so I just said:ooh we wanna send you that picture we took yesterday and he said: I’ll give you my email! Just need something to write on.. chavi was carrying our bag so I turned to her and said you have a pen.. she said: I do? And pete said something like.. you’re the fans you’re supposed to have a pen! I said yeah I know alllllll about that :bigcry: (remembers guy incident at brixton) it was okay he found a pen and ripped a pieeof the boxe of chocolate and wrote down his email… some more people came out and said we needed to close the door, Pete said we’ll be gone in a sec I’m going that way and he pointed at our friend the Ping Pong table… I said oooh booo you’re going to the funside… we’re just going home :( we were rushed so we said goodbye and thanked hima gain for being SSOOOOO Nice! And we got in my car and rove off into the sunset (not really it was rainy and dark)

Chavi said things too I just can't remeber them properly so just add them?

okay here's in my place first is from chavi second is and third are mine

try to watch the first 2 at the same time and click the 3rd when the 2nd ends (get it?) and maybe turn off your sound!

edit wait something went wrong with the dates!

This is the coolest ping-pong history I've ever heard! :D

And Pete really seems nice! (but he can't possibly be as nice as Chris...) ;)

It's great to see you Chavi! Welcome home yeah ;)

You should be exhausted!!! But all the Codlplayers are very proud of both of you, I'm sure ;)

you're real stalkers, aren't you?!?!? HEHEHE.

ahahaha. i would have never had the guts to do that, but i guess it's something different to stalk the guys with fellow coldplaying members!

'I swear we're not stalking you' :lol: Priceless moment !

You also asked him if we were his first groupies and he blushed and laughed ! Poor him, he was so embarassed !

and when he was looking for a pen, he said something like 'I know I know I'm no Guy Berryman' .. how the fuck did he know we were only looking for Guy ? is it THAT obvious ? :uhoh: :P

I cant remember what I said.. I was embarassed too Haha! I think I tried to convince the security guy that we were working for Oxfam as well but took our Oxfam shirts already.. I said I didnt like coffee chocolate bars.. :uhoh: how rude ! but no one heard me so it's good :lol: we told him we met Chris as well and he was happy for us :nice:

Right the guy berryman thing was very CUTE... I remeber I said: well you aren't but really.. you shouldn't compare yourself to him

and I didn't hear you say the coffee thing! but you said it again in the car...

I just rememberd!

in rotterdam Pete asked me about my Jacket! he asked if it was the same designer as the guys I was lie WHAT? and then started a whole store on the brand DEPT oh lord.... i forgot about that let's hope he did too...

yeah I cant believe you guys started talking about fashion :thinking: :lol:

OOOOOH ! he also said that Lyon was one of the highlights of the entire tour (so did Reno from the Albert Hammond Jr band, and I think the Roadie who came to talk to us said it too..) ! I asked him about Italy, and he said 'yeah it was great, especially Milan'. He added Toronto to the list of his greatest moments. Carla you also asked him about his favorite moments that he tries not to miss during the show. He said The Hardest part and Lost I think.. and Viva la vida too, i'm not sure.

yeah I cant believe you guys started talking about fashion :thinking: :lol:

OOOOOH ! he also said that Lyon was one of the highlights of the entire tour (so did Reno from the Albert Hammond Jr band, and I think the Roadie who came to talk to us said it too..) ! I asked him about Italy, and he said 'yeah it was great, especially Milan'. He added Toronto to the list of his greatest moments. Carla you also asked him about his favorite moments that he tries not to miss during the show. He said The Hardest part and Lost I think.. and Viva la vida too, i'm not sure.

Lyon...:inquisitive:

Why ALWAYS Lyon???

:angry:

:lol:

Kidding

And...jealous

;)

oh yeah, that's right :nice: thanks Lauren!

okay, not a review but I'm just telling you how the stalking thing all started..

A few months ago (I think) Carla and I thought about going to a show together.. we thought about Strasbourg, Rotterdam (because we were going) and Antwerp (because it's located between the two.. Haha, not really!!). And so she couldnt make it to Strasbourg unfortunately and we didnt find any tix for Antwerp nor Rotterdam for me.

Then on TUESDAY 30th, Frysk Famke posted a link for that Extra video in which Chris is and says : 'maybe I can help'.. :stunned: She pmed me telling me she had two tickets available for Antwerp ! OMG ! it's in 4 days ! what should I do ??? OMG ! then later that day, Carla texted me 'OMG Frysk Famke has 2 tix for Antwerp, what do we do?'... i got online and she said to me she also had a spare ticket for Rotterdam on Friday ! OMG ! LONG HESITATION .... two hours later maybe, my train tix were booked ! :stunned: it went so FAST ! and bam I was on a train to Rotterdam on Friday morning !

NEVER done anything that crazy in my life ! and I'll never regret it ! :nice:

I just need to add : Frysk Famke, you're my HERO ! :heart: :heart: