✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is there a guitar in Viva La Vida?

I was wondring if there is an electric guitar in Viva La Vida. In the iTunes ad there is Buckland playing it, but i also read on here there isnt. And also, when Coldplay perform LIVE at the MTV MA, is Chris going to be playing some sort of string table and Will will have a percussion table. I just cant imagine this song being played live and sound the same on the album version.

I definitely hear an electric-guitar twanging during the chorus of the song.

As for how it will be performed live, I'm just as lost as you. Perhaps they'll do something with an orchestra a la the Grammy performance of Politik.

I have to admit the Politik performance with the orchestra was unbelievable. But then again its not the Grammys, it MTV. Its more funnier and for teens then the grammys where its performing THE best of the BEST. I still dont know how it will be performed live.

nope, either chris or guy will have the sound on a midi card in their keyboard.

unless that's why the stage this year is weird with two side bits, for a choir or orchestra, or MAGIC BALLS! :sneaky:

Can you rephrase the midi part for me.

unless that's why the stage this year is weird with two side bits, for a choir or orchestra, or MAGIC BALLS! :sneaky:

I get what your saying. The keyboard wil be playing the sound like a memory card or a DJ. that would suck because it would be kinda fake.. they said theyre not going create anything unless they can do it well live.

yeah, that's what I meant.

I hope they do have a string orchestra, or something to that effect, it would be SO cool to see that live, and since I'm going to two of their shows (three if i win the brixton comp) this year, It'll make me happy.

yeah, that's what I meant.

I hope they do have a string orchestra, or something to that effect, it would be SO cool to see that live, and since I'm going to two of their shows (three if i win the brixton comp) this year, It'll make me happy.

with orchestra live, uhhh, i would loose al my hair :cool:

How do you know what the stage will look like? Did I miss something? :D

EDIT : Sorry for my english ;)

OBVIOUSLY Jonny boy is gonna whip out the E-bow and play the ENTIRE string arrangement on his guitar :P

No for real they have to have strings backing them, the strings make up a majority of the song. I mean, its how the song begins for chrissakes...

Will is gonna stand behind some massive symphonic drums and Guy will be directing the orchestra :D:cool:

After the first chorus, there is a short interlude before the start of the next verse. There are some weird effects used, as well as some guitar chops with a crome slide that Jonny likes to use (Daylight). Not sure about the rest of the song but there is guitar in that interlude.

Well

Well, you never know, it might be a strange mix between Guy's bass and Johnny's guitar, that must be it, if not, then it must be a violin, but so far, I see keyboards, 2 to 3 violins (or a magical mix by Johnny and Guy), and Will's machine (now what do we call that in english, that part of the drumset).

Jonny will probably play some of it with a slide and/or ebow. Some people think about how you don't have to "play" anything anymore. These are just FOUR guys how are they suppose to make all those sounds themselves without even a MIDI. Jonny in the past has used his DL4 (loop recorder) plenty and I'm sure he will do it here too.

And no matter how much a keyboard can play things for you you still have to create the masterpiece itself. Putting together and mixing a song is a whole different world than performing it live...