✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cemeteries Of London :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really great song, took a while for it to grow on me, now I love it.

Does anyone else think that Chris sounds ALOT like Thom Yorke when he sings the line: "God is in the houses, God is in my head"? Kinda freaked my out a little actually, haha.

I am insane, though.

^ it does!!!! I love House of the rising sun. technically the animals didnt write it though. and Bob dylan recorded it even before they did. and his version is better.

I'll second that ha. His first album is pretty amazing too, he was like what 20 when he recorded that? It's an old blues song though

But Cemeteries is such an amazing song... I can't believe how good this whole album is.

By far the best track on this album, cant stop listening to it!!

Can only hope the band makes this track MANDATORY at the live events

Am I wrong?! Imagine the atmosphere..... LALALA LAAAAA, LALALA LAAAAA, EEEEHHHHHH!!!

Def a solid track. Has a western flare with allusions to "House of the Rising Sun" (as far as cadence and flow), then it rounds out in the chorus with the chanting and a bit of Mariachi Rhythmic clapping. Great song all around.

By far the best track on this album, cant stop listening to it!!

Can only hope the band makes this track MANDATORY at the live events

Am I wrong?! Imagine the atmosphere..... LALALA LAAAAA, LALALA LAAAAA, EEEEHHHHHH!!!

Ha ha! Yes please!:D MANDATORY!!!! My new favorite!

Ohhh, what a vibe!

I love it!

Soooo different, I'm not sure if this is my favorite Coldplay album yet, but you can definitely tell they're heading in a new direction- one that is to be perfected later. Not to be impatient but I really can't wait to hear what the next one is like when they've found their way a bit more smoothly. I definitely wouldn't mind more of this type though.

This may sound insane, but does anyone else hope they DON'T release this as a single? I don't want the radio to play it to death! I want to hear it when I want and experience it live. They shouldn't let radio stations kill this like they did Clocks!! Just my opinion, though...

^^I'm not sure it would even work on the radio. Though it would be cool to hear it there.

I think (and hope) you're right! It would be nice to hear it on Album Oriented Radio, but not as a single they play a million times a day...I don't EVER want to get sick of it, and radio kills some of the best music, even though airplay is a band's bread and butter. VH and VLV are great singles, but this should be left for fans only, imo!:D

(Just listened to it again...it's the only one I've been compulsive about...It just SLAYS ME!!!!!!)

Me too ;)

...and I still think it sounds like a Loreena McKennit song.

Maybe that's what I love about it...and a few other songs on the album...they combine some of my favorite Folk sounds with my favorite pop band!! I hear CLannad on a Coldplay album, and Loreena too. Who ever thought we'd get this from our boys? It's just...precious...

Eno's 'world music' influence does great things for what ever he touches, and with Coldplay's innate talent, this was going to be a win/win from the start!!:D:D:D

This truly IS an album for everybody!!

indeed. Well, everyone but the critics... boy am I glad I listened to the leak before all the big reviews started today. One good la la la heyay can wash a multitude of bad feelings away. :D

Hey, I just realised I read somewhere that they even wrote it the way she does- they were trying to find out if there had ever been witch burnings in the Thames.

...so does this mean they're going to be going off to live with a tribe of Bedouin next album? :wacko:

indeed. Well, everyone but the critics... boy am I glad I listened to the leak before all the big reviews started today. One good la la la heyay can wash a multitude of bad feelings away. :D

I only briefly read the review threads on here, and now that we have the album, that's not going to change. I read the ones that offered some descriptions of songs, but opinions I ignored...we all know what they're like,lol! I've cheated and listened to the whole album once, but now that I have Cemeteries, I'm not going to listen again til I have in in hardcopy...THIS is my first single!!:)

definitly one of my favorite tracks on the album

took a while until it grew on me...but its BRILLIANT....just like the rest of the album

i can just image this live....i bet the whole crowd is gonna sing out the la la la la la eyyy part

I really enjoy this song the more I listen to it. I think its one of those songs that needs to be heard alot to get into. At least for me it was. And it reminds me of halloween with the lyrics and spooky feel of it.