✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

spurs

...just lost to Liverpool 0-5 as a result of clearly poor management which left them with inefficient attacking movement and a horribly vulnerable (and far too high) backline (not unlike when they played Man shitty). Fulham deserved to beat them 2 weeks ago, and it took heroics for them just to beat Sunderland. i.e. It's nothing to brag about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

FA Cup 4th Round:

Sunderland v Kidderminster or Peterborough

Bolton v Cardiff

Southampton v Yeovil

Huddersfield v Charlton or Oxford

Port Vale or Plymouth v Brighton

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich or Preston

Southend v Hull

Rochdale v Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday

Arsenal v Coventry

Stevenage v Everton

Wigan or MK Dons v Crystal Palace

Derby or Chelsea v Stoke

Blackburn or Manchester City v Bristol City or Watford

Bournemouth or Burton v Liverpool

Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley v Manchester United or Swansea

Sheffield United v Norwich or Fulham

Can't beat the cup action, watching as West Ham are hammered 5-0 by double champion league winners Nottingham Forest.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

_72584562_020822819-1.jpg

Great image. Fantastic performance by the captain and his team tonight against Everton. Unlike the Merseyside derby for one team to triumph so emphatically. Both sides were depleted by injury but it didn't dampen the quality particularly from Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho. Tomorrow night's match from White Hart Lane will be fascinating. The race for the title and the top 4 just got that bit more intense!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm backing Liverpool to finish sixth.

I can certainly see why. In terms of squad depth they are comfortably the 6th best team in the league behind Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man Utd. If Liverpool got to the top 4 it would almost be entirely down to the coaching of Rodgers who is doing superbly. Sterling, Henderson, Coutinho, Flanagan and yes even Suarez - all have gone through the levels of quality under his tenure. There's no guarantee that Suarez will stay beyond the summer whether Liverpool get top 4 or not but I believe Rodgers has the ability to lessen the impact of that so he is, in my opinion, the biggest asset the club have.

Man City 2-0 up against Spurs. Deserved even if the penalty for the second was debatable.

edit: 3-0

• 1 month later...

Just looked on the previous page and saw someone say "Liverpool are the 6th best team in the league behind City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and United…" Since then I'd love to know thoughts on Liverpool now. It's a question of not can they win the league but will they win the league? Albeit they have to rely on City and Chelsea dropping points as well as beating them both but it's definitely a possibility. You look at the run in and Liverpool definitely have the easiest run-in compared to City and Chelsea.

Thoughts?

Guest howyousawtheworld
Just looked on the previous page and saw someone say "Liverpool are the 6th best team in the league behind City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and United…" Since then I'd love to know thoughts on Liverpool now. It's a question of not can they win the league but will they win the league? Albeit they have to rely on City and Chelsea dropping points as well as beating them both but it's definitely a possibility. You look at the run in and Liverpool definitely have the easiest run-in compared to City and Chelsea.

Thoughts?

There was every possibility at the start of the season that Liverpool would finish 6th seeing as they had the 6th best squad in the league. I could definitely see Braddock's reasoning, although I had faith that Liverpool could claim that top 4 spot although I obviously see that it was done part provocatively! Ambitions have changed drastically since as a result of the form Liverpool have shown since New Year's Day.

What has happened over the course of the season has been unprecedented in my opinion. The work Rodgers done has been unbelievable - to get the likes of Flanagan, Sterling playing top level Premier League performances is astounding. The development of the squad over the season in players such as Hendo, Gerrard reinventing himself, Sturridge and Suarez unlocking their potential is astounding. It's wonderful being a Liverpool supporter after the struggles of the last few years. I've never seen football so exciting from Liverpool. I wasn't born when Liverpool last won the league so only friends can tell me about the side of the late 80s when Barnes and co were ripping defences apart. To hear them talking about this team's style being similar to that one is the stuff of dreams. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season!

Would be nice for Liverpool to win over Man City.

Yeah, although we need City to drop points even if we beat them at Anfield.

There was every possibility at the start of the season that Liverpool would finish 6th seeing as they had the 6th best squad in the league. I could definitely see Braddock's reasoning, although I had faith that Liverpool could claim that top 4 spot although I obviously see that it was done part provocatively! Ambitions have changed drastically since as a result of the form Liverpool have shown since New Year's Day.

What has happened over the course of the season has been unprecedented in my opinion. The work Rodgers done has been unbelievable - to get the likes of Flanagan, Sterling playing top level Premier League performances is astounding. The development of the squad over the season in players such as Hendo, Gerrard reinventing himself, Sturridge and Suarez unlocking their potential is astounding. It's wonderful being a Liverpool supporter after the struggles of the last few years. I've never seen football so exciting from Liverpool. I wasn't born when Liverpool last won the league so only friends can tell me about the side of the late 80s when Barnes and co were ripping defences apart. To hear them talking about this team's style being similar to that one is the stuff of dreams. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season!

Even at the start of the season I thought we had a better squad than Tottenham at least. Purely cos they signed so many new players that they were never going to gel in time to form a decent challenge or threat to the top 4.

The run of form we've been in since after the Chelsea game has been impeccable. Even our defence in the last couple of games has brushed up too, especially against United on Sunday! I wasn't born either before our last league win and I spent most of the 08/09 season back in Liverpool and was devastated we didn't go all the way that year. So I've got money set aside for our last game at home to Newcastle to go over just in case we can win it. It's exciting times to be a Red!

I'm also going over for Easter, which means I'll be there for the Chelsea, Norwich and City game, really hoping to see us get 9 points and I'll be on cloud nine. I think if that does happen then we'll go all the way!

If things weren't difficult enough..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Valencia is playing with one eye... <a href="http://t.co/CsbUu2O0EC">pic.twitter.com/CsbUu2O0EC</a></p>— Troll Football (@Troll__Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/Troll__Football/statuses/446374362791157760">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yeah, although we need City to drop points even if we beat them at Anfield.

Even at the start of the season I thought we had a better squad than Tottenham at least. Purely cos they signed so many new players that they were never going to gel in time to form a decent challenge or threat to the top 4.

The run of form we've been in since after the Chelsea game has been impeccable. Even our defence in the last couple of games has brushed up too, especially against United on Sunday! I wasn't born either before our last league win and I spent most of the 08/09 season back in Liverpool and was devastated we didn't go all the way that year. So I've got money set aside for our last game at home to Newcastle to go over just in case we can win it. It's exciting times to be a Red!

I'm also going over for Easter, which means I'll be there for the Chelsea, Norwich and City game, really hoping to see us get 9 points and I'll be on cloud nine. I think if that does happen then we'll go all the way!

I'd say our first eleven was amongst the strongest in the league but beyond that there wasn't much there. I was able to get down for the Palace game back in October but the progression made by the squad since has been incredible, especially from Sterling. Rodgers has done an incredible job and I wouldn't swap him for anyone at the moment.

Haha, Valencia is a warrior, I think even small things like that helped us get through, a bit of fighting spirit is what I want to see, you never know how far it can get us through now! Fellaini's hold up play at the end of that game :smug:

• 2 weeks later...

Well looking at how the league's played out this weekend and our result this weekend, it's all in our own hands now, just need to keep calm and carry on, so to say. Great performance today though, we're absolutely flying at the moment!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well looking at how the league's played out this weekend and our result this weekend, it's all in our own hands now, just need to keep calm and carry on, so to say. Great performance today though, we're absolutely flying at the moment!

Indeed we are! Staying cool and calm at the moment though!

• 2 weeks later...

The players are keeping calm but with each game that we play I get more and more nervous. I was at the game on Sunday and couldn't keep still with nerves, only just got my voice back too!

Also went to the Hillsborough memorial service yesterday and it was lovely, very emotional but was great to see the whole ground that was packed with Liverpool, Everton and other team supporters all singing You'll Never Walk Alone together.

*For some reason putting a pic in never works for me :( Anyone know how to do it properly?*