✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

Because lets face it, the season never really ends.

So far there's been little transfer news,

But today I was watching sky sports news, about Mark Hughes taking over at Man city,

is he being serious about wanting Ronaldinho??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure Ronaldinho has a brain....

And I'm sure he's not on the downside of his career yet,

so why he'd ever want to go to man city is beyond me!

Elsewhere, Alaxandr Hleb is close to signing for Barcelona

Samir Nasri is poised to sign for Arsenal to replace Hleb after the Euro championships.

and Frank Rikjaard is favourite to take over at chelsea.

the only other news I'm aware of is Christiano Ronaldo has released a statement

in which he says he wants to play for real madrid, but only if they're willing to pay what utd want.

anybody go any thoughts on these news stories?

or any other news?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was saying that to my mate earlier,

that the United fans will be after his head if he's openly saying he wants to move

personally, I hope United don't sell, and fergy lets him rot in the reserves, like he said he would.

Not happy with Ex Rag at the helm..

Great sack the one who has god like status amongst the supporters and bring in someone who we would regard as the Devil him self..

Great !

No offence, but the City chairman is a knob.

he sacked sven because of his own personal squabble with him

Sven did great things with City.

shame to see him leave the premiership.

I would protest to sack the board if Hillwood did that to Wenger.

• 2 weeks later...

Clubs awaiting 2008/09 fixtures

_44746867_fixtures3_203.gif

One of the most eagerly-awaited days in the domestic football calendar arrives on Monday, 16 June - the release of the English and Scottish fixtures.

Premier League, Football League, Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League fixtures for 2008/09 will be announced at 1000 BST.

All those fixtures, arranged by club and by division, will be immediately available on the BBC Sport website.

Selected fixtures will also be listed on Ceefax.

The draw for the first round of the Carling Cup has already been made, on Friday, 13 June.

However, the Football Conference will not be releasing fixtures for the Blue Square Premier, North and South divisions until a later date.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7454259.stm

Yea... !

Hope that team I used to support for 33 years of my life goes down.. !

As long as that Ex Rag is in control I am no longer supporting them... its sad as I have left a huge family...

MAN CITY BOSS: IT'S THAI-M FOR NEW CREST - Sunday Mirror

EXCLUSIVE OLD BADGE Manchester City's current golden eagle NEW BADGE? Our version of what it could look like Fans' fury over Oriental look

Manchester City's billionaire owner Thaksin Shinawatra is changing the club's crest... to remind him of home in Thailand.

It means City's golden eagle could be replaced by an elephant or even a mythical half-bird half-human garuda, which are both national symbols in Thailand.

"No one can believe that a chairman can just come in and change our badge," said a Man City source. "What about the club's tradition? The fans aren't going to like this one bit. Just because somebody owns the club does not give them the right to come in and change everything."

Yet Shinawatra, Thailand's former prime minister, believes he can do whatever he wants after buying the club for £82million and giving new manager Mark Hughes a £200m transfer chest to match the success of bitter rivals Manchester United.

Designers have already been drafted in to work on the new crest by Shinawatra, who is now living in exile in Britain after being ousted in a military coup two years ago.

The current eagle design comes from the official badge of the City of Manchester, while the three diagonal stripes signify Manchester's three rivers - the Medlock, Irwell and the Irk. But the three stars which also make up the design are purely decorative.

Shinawatra, 58, who's known as Frank in Manchester, believes a new Oriental style club crest will make Manchester City more popular in Thailand where there is a huge market in Premiership club shirts.

He is determined to make City one of England's big four clubs and has the money to do it, even though £1billion of his assets are frozen in Thailand. He enjoys a flamboyant lifestyle in the UK with a five-bedroom, £4.5million mansion in Weybridge, Surrey, and he also has a apartment in London, where he answers to the title "Your Excellency".

As well as football, his favourite activities include golf and karaoke, performing with Sarunrat Visutthithada, known as Lydia, queen of Thai R&B.

The club source added: "Who knows what the badge will be in the end, but if it's reflecting Shinawatra it could be a Thai man dressed in golf gear singing karaoke. It's ridiculous."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/06/15/man-city-boss-it-s-thai-m-for-new-crest-98487-20607654/

they must have been stuck for ideas in the mirror sports newsroom over the weekend !

Never read so much b´´l shite in my life.. Apart from some of the stuff I write on here. !

I would not care if hughes had 500 million quid to spend on players.. !

Did u know Ian we used to sing songs about doing sparkys wife, week in and week out in the Kippax..

He really hated City he still did when at Blackburn and so did we.

I would have been happier if we would have got a complete unkown in, but Sparky !

" if you shagged hughes´s wife clapp you hands"

if you think hughes is a b´´´stard clap your hands"

There was a few others but these had a Munich undertone of which I will never repeat on this board. "

We also had one that went to pet shops boys go west... but there was many football chants that went with that.

Premier League - Transfer Talk: Look at the stars...

Could Chris Martin be the key player in Cristiano Ronaldo's potential move to Real Madrid? Probably not, but it's worth investigating.

Is Cristiano Ronaldo a fan of Coldplay? It's difficult to say for certain, but as this entire page is all about wild speculation based on little or no fact whatsoever, let's say that he is. Let's say that "Yellow" changed a young Cristiano's life.

Not sure where is this all going? Well, Twisted Logic was the name of the tour of Coldplay's third album, X and Y. It is also the thought process behind Ronaldo's claim that Manchester United should allow him to leave for Real Madrid as a "reward for his loyalty," as claimed in the News of the World. Go figure that one out, Hawking.

Meanwhile, United also risk losing Carlos Tevez, who is apparently upset that the club haven't attempted to turn his two-year loan into a permanent deal. He's in a "quandary", according to a "source close to the player." Don't worry; that's just a posh way of saying he's in a rhubarb of a pickle of a jam.

Pity the fool who has an office next to Manchester City boss Mark Hughes this weekend; that phone has been in a state of almost constant use. Everton are keen on City's young midfielder Michael Johnson, while Portsmouth are still keen on club captain Richard Dunne and have offered the burly defender a whopping £55,000 to reunite him with former City colleague Sylvain Distin.

Meanwhile, Cardiff could be set to test Hughes with a £3m bid for young Welsh starlet Ched Evans, and Serie A clubs Torino and Udinese are showing interest in Valeri Bojinov , who missed all-but two matches of last season with a knee injury. Plenty head-scratching ahead for Hughes.

Apparently, Aston Villa have told Liverpool that dropping out of the race to sign David Bentley from Blackburn might help the Reds' bid to sign their own captain, Gareth Barry. More twists than a bag of pretzels in this one.

Hull are in the Premier League. You'd be forgiven for forgetting that. It certainly seems to have slipped manager Phil Brown's mind, which is why he might be ready to spunk £3m on Rangers striker Kris Boyd and a similar amount on unwanted Spurs centre-back Anthony Gardner. "The lad's got a proven Premier League pedigree," Brown said of Gardner. He must have a long memory; in the last 18 months, appearances from Gardner have been as rare as rocking-horse poo.

Bolton's quest to sign the worst strikers in Premier League continues. Keen to extend the series that brought us fat Brazilian Mario Jardel, immobile Mexican Jared Borgetti and honest-but-rubbish Henrik Pedersen, Gary Megson is chasing Lyon's headless chicken Milan Baros.

Finally, Hamburg defender Guy Demel obviously doesn't pay much attention to happenings in the Premier League. If he did, he wouldn't claim to be "flattered" by a link to Newcastle .

Alex Sharratt / Eurosport

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22062008/58/premier-league-transfer-talk-look-stars.html

We have the worst start of the season, first game away to Chelsea, 2nd game home to Man Utd.

But then again, we have taken 10 points from Man Utd at Fratton in the past 5 games)

look on the bright side if you're needing points at the end of the season for UEFA cup chances are you'll have an easier run in