✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Christian Message in Viva la Vida

marker580

Fascinating to read. Made me think about a few things differently. It's great that this album can mean something completely different for so many people, as the band intended - "It can mean whatever you want it to mean".

Actually I dont agree that they are trying to show there Christian message in there lyrics.

even though I'm muslim but still I dont feel that.

there lyrics makes you see the blesses that God gave to us

lestin to Speed of sound and you will know what I'm talking about

and cemeteries of London I love it when the he sing :"I see God come in my garden and I don't know what he said......."

Interesting, I've gotten a lot of spiritual messages from these songs as well, you pretty much nailed how I would describe the Christian messages in the songs. Is Chris Christian? I don't know, but what I do know is that I"ve gotten a lot out of the songs spiritually, and it's obvious there are some definite spiritual references. I especially like how you interpreted that part in Cemeteries of London, because that's how I've interpreted it. Lost! is a very uplifting song and the church organs go well with the spiritualism of the song for me personally.

He/ou take/s some interpretations way too far like the 'risen son' in lovers in japan. The nice thing about coldplay though is it's ambiguous lyrics toss it up in the air for a million personal interpretations (I'm sure we are recall the review comparing the album's themes to buddhism). I was once convinced that clocks was about God...

Wut

Not sure I agree with everything in there, but it's an interesting perspective. How important Christian messages were in determining the lyrics for some of the songs, I can't say.

Perhaps we should go all the way back to "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face"?

Yeah, the Chris quotes in the article made it clear that Chris is an agnostic theist. And I interpret GPASUYF as an agnostic song. "Where do we go? nobody knows."

He/ou take/s some interpretations way too far like the 'risen son' in lovers in japan. The nice thing about coldplay though is it's ambiguous lyrics toss it up in the air for a million personal interpretations (I'm sure we are recall the review comparing the album's themes to buddhism). I was once convinced that clocks was about God...

Yup takes some of them (esp lovers of japan) way to far.....hell you could take these songs to mean ANYTHING if you used his approach..

Politik is a reference to the Poltk, brother of the ancient god Roltk. Roltk once ate a cat for breakfast..so Politik is obviously a song saying that we should all eat dogs for breakfast.

Yup takes some of them (esp lovers of japan) way to far.....hell you could take these songs to mean ANYTHING if you used his approach..

Politik is a reference to the Poltk, brother of the ancient god Roltk. Roltk once ate a cat for breakfast..so Politik is obviously a song saying that we should all eat dogs for breakfast.

You made me hungry! :laugh3::laugh3:

Viva la Vida

Right now I'm listening to Viva and before I can agree with messgaes here regarding the meaning of Viva. Maybe I will have an answer over the next few months as it will play many more times for me and all I really know is that...I love it! Why I love it or what I read into it, I cannot say now. I just love it very much, thats all! Thank you Coldplay! Thanks again for bringin your wonderful music to me!

To me, the whole album brings up imagery of medieval Europe, England in particular. In that setting, almost everyone was devoutly Christian, which to me explains the religious references in the album. I don't know, I might be alone in thinking this--just my two cents.

• 2 years later...

I know why they called their son Moses, however he must have Christian beliefs as I would never consider giving my child a biblical name if I were a non believer.....and I imagine he and many others would have the same view? Sorryto bump this but I was curious to know myself whether he was a confirmed Christian....

Actually I dont agree that they are trying to show there Christian message in there lyrics.

even though I'm muslim but still I dont feel that.

there lyrics makes you see the blesses that God gave to us

lestin to Speed of sound and you will know what I'm talking about

and cemeteries of London I love it when the he sing :"I see God come in my garden and I don't know what he said......."

Interesting, I've gotten a lot of spiritual messages from these songs as well, you pretty much nailed how I would describe the Christian messages in the songs. Is Chris Christian? I don't know, but what I do know is that I"ve gotten a lot out of the songs spiritually, and it's obvious there are some definite spiritual references. I especially like how you interpreted that part in Cemeteries of London, because that's how I've interpreted it. Lost! is a very uplifting song and the church organs go well with the spiritualism of the song for me personally.

way to go guys! i agree with you guys' opinions! :)