✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Likes Lost! a lot more than us

winigwl

Lost! - Best Song on Album

I've listened to this new album at least 100 times already .... One thing I can say about it is that it gets better every time you listen to it. The next thing I can say is that none of the songs are bad ...

Another thing is that it has a wide variety of songs and styles that are hugely pleasing to the ears ...

But the most important thing I take away from this album is that Lost! is the best song on the album and Lovers in Japan is #2 .... Viva la Vida is ok, but seems too contrived for my taste ... in fact i find it one of the weaker songs on the album, well behind some of the less focused on songs, but Lost! definitely has everything I wanted from this offering ...

Lost! - Best Song on Album

I've listened to this new album at least 100 times already .... One thing I can say about it is that it gets better every time you listen to it. The next thing I can say is that none of the songs are bad ...

Another thing is that it has a wide variety of songs and styles that are hugely pleasing to the ears ...

But the most important thing I take away from this album is that Lost! is the best song on the album and Lovers in Japan is #2 .... Viva la Vida is ok, but seems too contrived for my taste ... in fact i find it one of the weaker songs on the album, well behind some of the less focused on songs, but Lost! definitely has everything I wanted from this offering ...

since I saw it live... its now one of my favorite songs on the record. :blush:

Totally agreeing with you. I was kind of on the fence about it, but once I saw it at MSG, it was such a rocking song. The percussion became really evident live. Now I can't stop listening to it!! Definitely catapulted itself into my Top 5 on the CD, I think.

the thing about some of the songs is that u need to hear them more than once to like them.............to me thats whats happend with LOST.......at first it was like a whatever song.then the more i listened to it i started liking it ......now i love this song

After the Daily Show performance and various other live performances. I have to say this song has been the biggest grower on the album for me. Still not my favorite but by no means the worst and I am not nearly as disapointed with it as I once was. I used to think I liked the accoustic version better. You know Lost? over Lost!

Now my fav is "Lost*" <----- Live!

Totally agreeing with you. I was kind of on the fence about it, but once I saw it at MSG, it was such a rocking song. The percussion became really evident live. Now I can't stop listening to it!! Definitely catapulted itself into my Top 5 on the CD, I think.

yup!!! Its been n repeat for like 20x already... just this morning too!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say its been the acoustic version "lost?" for me, as far as the album goes. But live the song is great!!! I really think the guitar comes through in a much more rocking way, and I like how Will's regular drum kit shines through a bit more. On the CD I think it just sounds like a little much for me, and as I mentioned above I don't hear enough of the other instruments over the drum beat.

I love it too :)

Maybe they love this song because it talks about fight and not deacay. There are a lot of Coldplay haters.

You can tell me this will be an offtopic comment but it reminds me an other song from Dire Straits i love too:

Baby I see this world has made you sad

Some people can be bad

The things they do, the things they say

But baby I'll wipe away those bitter tears

I'll chase away those restless fears

That turn your blue skies into grey

Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain

There should be sunshine after rain

These things have always been the same

So why worry now

Baby when I get down I turn to you

And you make sense of what I do

I know it isn't hard to say

But baby just when this world seems mean and cold

Our love comes shining red and gold

And all the rest is by the way

Why worry, there should be laughter after pain

There should be sunshine after rain

These things have always been the same

So why worry now

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...

This was always my favorite song of the album. A mix of chruch, rock and gospel music in this song and this sound so epic of how this song bulding around of this chruch ambiance. So different and so good excellent. The live was also so excellent. Also, like the rest of the album, Chris voice was so profound and so beautiful to debut of end. A magic moment of listen.