✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

17-Jul-08 - KROQ show at Jessica's house

So I had camped out for the Jay Leno show since Wednesday night at 11pm all the way until they filmed Jay Leno on Thursday at around 4:30pm.

After the show, I waited near the back to watch them exit. A security guard was very helpful in assisting me. He told me that they were doing some concert after and that they hadn't left yet and to look for four black cars. He then left because Jay left already. So I waited and waited and almost gave up. I thought ehhh, maybe he was lying. I was the only one there with my boyfriend. I was just about to give up as the four cars came rolling out! The windows were tinted pitch black and someone waved at me but I couldn't see who. My car was parked right there. I was hoping they would stop to say hi or do autographs or maybe pictures but they didn't :(

I got in my car and followed them! I lost them so many times on the freeway and etc...I was paranoid too, I thought I would get in trouble for following them but I didn't.

We ended up at that KROQ winner, Jessica's house in the West Hills!!!! At first, I didn't ealize it, I thought maybe they were visiting a friend or something so I didn't approach. I spent a lot of time just wandering around so I missed the majority of it. I finally approached and the security people were nice. They told me what they were doing and I waited. The neigbors let me into their house to let watch but by that time they were practically finished.

Then they came out...I ended up meeting Chris Martin! I got his autograph and a picture :) I told him how long I waited to see them at the Jay Leno show and he was like oh my gosh thank you so much...SOOOO sexy I tell you. What an experience. After that I was speechless :D

you're the best of the best of the fans!:thumbsup:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had camped out for the Jay Leno show since Wednesday night at 11pm all the way until they filmed Jay Leno on Thursday at around 4:30pm.

After the show, I waited near the back to watch them exit. A security guard was very helpful in assisting me. He told me that they were doing some concert after and that they hadn't left yet and to look for four black cars. He then left because Jay left already. So I waited and waited and almost gave up. I thought ehhh, maybe he was lying. I was the only one there with my boyfriend. I was just about to give up as the four cars came rolling out! The windows were tinted pitch black and someone waved at me but I couldn't see who. My car was parked right there. I was hoping they would stop to say hi or do autographs or maybe pictures but they didn't :(

I got in my car and followed them! I lost them so many times on the freeway and etc...I was paranoid too, I thought I would get in trouble for following them but I didn't.

We ended up at that KROQ winner, Jessica's house in the West Hills!!!! At first, I didn't ealize it, I thought maybe they were visiting a friend or something so I didn't approach. I spent a lot of time just wandering around so I missed the majority of it. I finally approached and the security people were nice. They told me what they were doing and I waited. The neigbors let me into their house to let watch but by that time they were practically finished.

Then they came out...I ended up meeting Chris Martin! I got his autograph and a picture :) I told him how long I waited to see them at the Jay Leno show and he was like oh my gosh thank you so much...SOOOO sexy I tell you. What an experience. After that I was speechless :D

WOW die hard! that is so cool!

post the picture!!!!

In order to qualify to win the grand prize"Coldplay gig at your house" that Jessica won, we had to win tickets, then they choose out of those winners who gets the grand prize. I was one of the ticket winners. It did cross my mind a couple times what I would have to do if I actually won. Trust me, it's a lot of stress :laugh3: I would have to clean up my house/backyard, warn the neighbors, stress about who I'd invite, beautify myself :wink3:,etc...... needless to say, I was ok w/ it when I wasn't the grand prize winner :laugh3:

For those who are jealous.. you should really think about it.. Would you be able to handle Coldplay at your house?? haha.. or would you be a bumbling idiot like I probably would've been If I won?? :lol:

ur so fucken lucky........

I will definitely post pictures up and everything once they're uploaded. I took off the next day early to go camping. I just got back this weekend...what a week it has been! Defintely the best week ever. I am hoping to drive down to Arizona in November to try and catch their last show. That's if I can find people who are down to go with me...heheh : D

Roadie #42 - Blog #13

July 23, 2008 9:47 pm

Coldplay in a fan's back garden

Last week the band had a crazy day where they finished the Jay Leno show and headed off to play their first ever barbeque (in a fans back garden!). It sounded like a ridiculous idea, but we got there it turned out to be really rather wonderful.

Here's a little home movie of it.

R#42.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=76

(I can't work out how to get the embed code so you'll have to go to the site :P)

Guest LiquidSky

Good thing you made it there in the end!!! Where are your pictures btw?

Good thing you made it there in the end!!! Where are your pictures btw?

Heyyy...I know : D I would have been bummed if the people I was following wasn't them because I followed them pretty far. I think the pictures are in the link of a post I made like three posts before you : )

the setlist was "speed of sound", "don't panic", "green eyes", "lovers in japan", "violet hill" and yellow. the guys were awesome in my backyard. i wish they would perform every thursday in my parents backyard!