🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

August 22, 2011 - submitted by John, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle,

The other day I met some people claiming to be Coldplay on Call of Duty. Everything seemed to check out, but I need to know: Do the guys play xbox in their spare time?

The Oracle replies:

Even if any of the band members played Call of Duty, they're really not likely to discuss "who" they are, I mean WHO does that?? I don't know what information the player/s gave you that checked out but it's not difficult for people to make stuff up and find information on the Internet. Yes they do play games in their spare time but I suspect someone is having you on*.

*putting you on if you live in America.

August 22, 2011 - submitted by Nick, United Kingdom

Q. How much longer do we have to wait for the track listing? I'm getting impatient.

Also, I own the first ever copy of the official Coldplay fanzine. Do you thing it's worth anything?

The Oracle replies:

Do you know, I honestly can't remember if the tracklisting of ANY album was announced before a release or if it just appeared on the day of...

The first Coldplaying fanzine won't fetch a lot of money. Even though it was an official entity, it's not a very sought after collectible. It wasn't a glossy fan club periodical and the band didn't have much input.

They didn't really contribute as they left it in the capable hands of a group of fans that did a sterling job of producing it.

August 22, 2011 - submitted by Nick, United Kingdom[/color][/b]

Q. How much longer do we have to wait for the track listing? I'm getting impatient.

Also, I own the first ever copy of the official Coldplay fanzine. Do you thing it's worth anything?

The Oracle replies:

Do you know, I honestly can't remember if the tracklisting of ANY album was announced before a release or if it just appeared on the day of...

Is she implying that we won't get the track listing until the release date or is it my idea?

August 22, 2011 - submitted by Nick, United Kingdom

The Oracle replies:

Ahem :whistle:

Yeah, the bastards revealed it the day it was announced, before we'd even heard Violet Hill.

So take the 1000 threads on what Paradise might sound like and times it by 12 :sick:

something tells me I should go on a mergy-merge spree later today :wacko:

edit: yyyaaaayyyyyyy this was my 7,000th post

August 22, 2011 - submitted by John, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle,

The other day I met some people claiming to be Coldplay on Call of Duty. Everything seemed to check out, but I need to know: Do the guys play xbox in their spare time?

The Oracle replies:

Even if any of the band members played Call of Duty, they're really not likely to discuss "who" they are, I mean WHO does that?? I don't know what information the player/s gave you that checked out but it's not difficult for people to make stuff up and find information on the Internet. Yes they do play games in their spare time but I suspect someone is having you on*.

*putting you on if you live in America.

i don't think i've ever heard anyone use the phrase 'putting you on' here. :blank:

Yeah, the bastards revealed it the day it was announced, before we'd even heard Violet Hill.

So take the 1000 threads on what Paradise might sound like and times it by 12 :sick:

So they will probably announce the track listing when Paradise is released on September 12?

So they will probably announce the track listing when Paradise is released on September 12?

Haha how did you get that from what I wrote? :P They revealed the tracklisting the day the album title and release date was announced.

They didn't this time and maybe they don't intend to, I have no idea. They're marketing it much differently than they did VLVODAAHF :shrug:

Haha how did you get that from what I wrote? :P They revealed the tracklisting the day the album title and release date was announced.

They didn't this time and maybe they don't intend to, I have no idea. They're marketing it much differently than they did VLVODAAHF :shrug:

Actually with VIVA, they announce the title of the album on March 19, 2008 and then on April 10 the track listing. The only possible interpretation I can think of today's Oracle answer is that the track listing will not be officially revealed until the album is released.

I can't wait 3 weeks for the single, please be better then ETIAW, not that it was bad or anything, just not Coldplay. :confused:

Maybe they won't officially announce the tracklisting, but they might tweet it or something... Come on boys, use your Major Minus Media. :sneaky:

:lol:

In my opinion, it seems as though the Oracle, in situations like these, only answers these types of questions to lead us on to believe something by giving an answer that isn't actually an answer. She didn't say a date, or whether we would get the tracklisting before the album, but said something to lead us to believe that they wouldn't give a tracklisting. If she didn't want to mislead us to mess around she probably wouldn't have answered the question at all. Just saying...

I think people should stop reading too much into EVERYTHING, its like whenever the Oracle tries to answer your questions, you guys are never happy. You want to dissect everything that she says or that you just want her to tell you what you want to know. She's there for a reason so just let her do her job. Yes everyone here is anxious about the album but geez...

I think people should stop reading too much into EVERYTHING, its like whenever the Oracle tries to answer your questions, you guys are never happy. You want to dissect everything that she says or that you just want her to tell you what you want to know. She's there for a reason so just let her do her job. Yes everyone here is anxious about the album but geez...

:nod: She's only human.

I understand the frustration about this new album, everyone is on the edge. But please Coldplay are so generous with the fans unlike most bands out there. I can make a list but i'm not going to, you guys know this ;) The Oracle is around to answer your questions (however silly it is, she doesn't have to but she does !!) obviously she will not say much about the new album until it's actually out there. I'm sure after that's out she will answer all your questions. So please be patient and also be kind to the Oracle. Don't take advantage of the fact that just because she's the Oracle that she's suppose to answer everything that you throw at her. Peace.

Wtf? First of all, who are you talking to Skuze, because I don't see anybody freaking out. And sorry that we're analyzing an answer that could take on many meanings...geez.

And baw8cc, I agree with you about when the tracklisting but just because it seems likely doesn't make it a sure thing.

I dunno. I've seen a fair amount of freaking out around the forum,lol. It happens with every release. It's fun to speculate, but it won't bring answers any faster, and she won't answer what she *can't* answer, so it makes no sense to push or get annoyed. Just a general statement, not directed at anyone in particular.

August 23, 2011 - submitted by Sourjyo, India

Q. I am going to perform a piano cover of Clocks in an event in my school. I don't have any formal training in vocals or the piano(self-trained). Any suggestions to make it sound good on stage?:-)

The Oracle replies:

The only advice I will give you is prepare well for it. Don't be afraid to experiment. If you feel more comfortable slowing the pace for your performance, do. I don't know what the sound system is like at school but make sure you do before hand. The sound levels could make all the difference. You don't want your vocals to be drowned out but also you don't want to shout to overcompensate.

As long as you have practised and know the song well enough, you should be fine. Good luck.