✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anybody know it's called 42?

alexman331

• 1 month later...

42 is the "The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything" in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

In the story, a "simple answer" to The Ultimate Question is requested from the computer Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42. Unfortunately, The Ultimate Question itself is unknown, suggesting on an allegorical level that it is more important to ask the right questions than to seek definite answers.

it's a take off of hitchhiker's guide and radiohead's "paranoid android" (which, in turn, was also a take-off of hitchhiker's guide, as was "don't panic" off of parachutes). There's no obvious track title considering the odd structure and lyrics and since 42 and paranoid are both three-part songs... it's all the more appropiate.

• 1 month later...
42 is Chris's favorite number. He says he sees it everywhere and that he found it a lucky number. He also said in an interview that you can't have a great band until you have a song that's a number.

I guess 1.36 didn't count? ;)

I actually have a playlist of songs that are numbers...

2+2=5

5/4

19-2000

42 :)

and... "One" by U2

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yah, Chris Martin is a big Hitchhiker's Guide fan, as well as all the other reasons. Also, this song is about thinking deeply about very philosophical questions. "Those who are dead...they're just living in my head." "You didn't get to heaven but you made it close." and 42 is the Answer to the great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything.