✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

Yeah..... though some members of this board have become pretty good stalkers as of late... :rolleyes:

they're like best buddies with that oxfam blogger pete now. :laugh3: we should send him a message via his blog. :D

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does mail sent to the fan mail address really get to the band' date=' though? If we can get a better address, we should definitely try....[/quote']

someone from the board once sent in a picture and booklets and they came back signed. it took about half a year though.

yeah, and nobody would be willing to carry around 40 pounds of mail. :laugh3:

I'd do it if they come here next year:uhoh:

I was lucky enough when they came so I don't think it'd be too hard to give them the postcards... but if someone from the UK or any place that they'll visit soon (but not that soon, so we'll organize this thing well) is able to give them the postcards, would be even better :P

we could try to contact debs if the project goes well :P

I was thinking about talking to her too! I think she might help! But as I said, we can not let the address go public, otherwise I don't think she'll agree. I vote for Ian as our postman!! And Jen too, of course :dance:

aww, lore, i love this idea :nice:

the thing is, i just don't know if there's a feasible way to get them to them OTHER than mailing them to the address :uhoh:. none of us can ever be sure of meeting them, so it would just be a huge waste of postage to mail them to one person on the off-chance that they'd meet them.

i think if we get enough coldplayers aware, we could get SO many postcards to the fanmail address that they'd realize that it was a mass-movement.

do we have an exact number-address for the bakery, though? that might be better, but i don't think we're entirely sure of the address, exactly. i don't think it would even be on fleet road, since there's no door on that road, but on the adjacent road, where it would be harder to get the housenumber.

i'll keep brainstorming, but i really think the most effective way would be to have THOUSANDS of us write to the fanmail address.

thousands of postcards would be awesome :dance: :dance:

if in some days we have more people in the project.. we could ask debs which will be the best way to send them the postcards so we'll make sure they'll get them all

^ wouldn't those postcards make a beautiful christmas present? they're probably at home around christmas time... (well, maybe chris isn't...)

no idea.

just a thought.

but i have that picture in my mind of the boys sitting in a circle in the bakery surrounding the postcards randomly grabbing a few and reading them. :heart:

but lore, this is really such an amazing idea.

the reference to the song... and the fact that they get a bit of every coldplayer without being overwhelmed (they'll be overwhelmed by the amount of postcards, but it's not like they'll have to read 45 page letters per person). this is perfect.

awww, graceeeeee, i love that image :nice:

i imagine them wearing scarves and stuffing their face with cookies too :lol:

i think we should really try for a mass-movement of coldplayers sending in postcards to them. i think sending in more than one is great too. i know i would totally innundate them with mail :P

how readily does debs reply to questions these days? i might pop off a note to the oracle too, not that i expect him to answer. in the meantime, though, we do know that the fanmail address works, if it isn't the most direct.

i just feel like they wouldn't so willingly give out the bakery's address or whatever. they must know that some of us know where it is by now, but them actually publishing the address online miiiight not be something they'd want to do. i bet if we asked, they'd tell us just to use the fanmail address.

i love the idea of someone dropping them OFF at the bakery, but its a bit hard to do it that way, because then the postcards would be addressed to the person living in london dropping them off rather than COLDPLAY. i feel like that slightly defeats the purpose.

I had the idea in my head since like yesterday :laugh3: .. it's not like the smartest idea ever.. but the title of the song says it, so why don't give it a chance :P

maybe we could send them a note explaining what it's all about :D

Personally dropping them off at the Bakery would be a cute way to do it, but I do agree it would be cooler if they were actually addressed toward Coldplay. I wonder how helpful Debs would be: maybe if she's feeling generous enough she would give us an address where she personally would get the mail and then give it to them.... but I think I'm just being a little bit hopeful... :)

i imagine them wearing scarves and stuffing their face with cookies too :lol:

probably those banana muffins gwyneth mentioned in her goop newsletter! :laugh3:

i love the idea of someone dropping them OFF at the bakery' date=' but its a bit hard to do it that way, because then the postcards would be addressed to the person living in london dropping them off rather than COLDPLAY. i feel like that slightly defeats the purpose.[/quote']

exactly. ooooor... we're gonna send our postcards in an addressed enevelope, so that we won't have to address the actual postcard to someone else but coldplay.