✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, guys, the old main thread with the old main first post and title should be back relatively soon. it was too much of a mess for me to go through ALL the posts and replicate it exactly as it was, so it's just going to have the same first post (slightly edited to carry the newest information), and debs's 10 posts. if you're looking for your old posts that were in that thread, you can just search for them in this thread, but other than the fact that all the posts won't be there anymore, that thread will act as the new offical thread WITHOUT OFF TOPIC TALK :wink:. of course, you can continue to post in here, but anything related to the project is fine in that thread (basically just not jaffa cakes or other drastically unrelated stuff :P) and it can be picked up where it left off. i also think personally that it should become the official SQUEE thread on monday when we get news :D.

i just think that the official project thread should look the same from the outside (meaning thread title and first post) as it did so people know where to look for information, mainly the people that aren't regulars in the thread. it'll be a bit different on the inside, but all the old posts still exist (somwhere) in here.

sorry for all the confusion (and for my anger yesterday), guys :\. but i think that consistency and clarity are really important for monday, and i think that a new thread will achieve that :D

-chelsea

no, there's a new one coming. the sticky section will look exactly the same as it did, probably in the next hour or so, with the "SHOW YOUR POSTCARDS" thread AND the "RULES AND GUIDELINES" thread both back up there. the only difference is tha the "RULES AND GUIDELINES" thread (which had all the jaffa talk in it), will have gone on a diet and to start with, it will only contain 11 posts rather than 2,000 and something :wink:.

feel free to post anything related to the project in it (or continue to post here, whatever you want). i'll be more dilligent about putting things in the first post, and everybody will be happy and not confused :D.

and yes, i think we should be allowed to squee in there too, but i don't want to ruffle feathers again.

i still mourn the death of the old thread, though :disappointed:

ok. the old thread, the "Postcards from Far Away Project | AWAITING UPDATE ON 16/2/09!!" thread, the one with the jaffa cakes talk, is coming back. it will be stickied, and this thread will be unsticked (i assume).

the only thing that's different about this thread coming back is that NONE of everyone's old posts will be in it, except for debs's 10 posts and my first post. all the old posts will still be in THIS thread if you need to find them (even the jaffa cakes ones :wink:).

you can post about the postcards project in this thread OR in the "Postcards from Far Away Project | AWAITING UPDATE ON 16/2/09!!" thread, but the "Postcards from Far Away Project | AWAITING UPDATE ON 16/2/09!!" thread will be the official thread with the news in it, since lore seems to have disowned this thread and won't be updating the first post with what we need to know on monday.

i'm sorry for all the confusion, guys, but i think it'll be clearer once it actually goes into effect. ian and jen are working on it :D

i just wish none of this ever happened :bomb:

anyway, i have to go for now, but i think it'll make more sense when the new/old thread gets up. sorry i can't perfectly articulate what's going on :sad:

I think what Chelsea is trying to say is:

its too difficult to completely resurrect the old thread which had the Debs updates and the jaffa talk in.

so we're creating a new thread with all the super-important posts (the main info about the project & Debs updates), which will be the discussion thread from tonight but which will remain completely on-topic. any off-topic posts in the new soon-to-be-sorted thread, will be removed.

I'm really sorry too.... i didn't help in that department..... :disappointed:

But hopefully the new, shiny and on-topic thread will be ready for monday madness!!! :D

Thanxx to everyone who's working hard to sort it out :nice:

I want it to be Wednesday :P

:bigcry:

I think what Chelsea is trying to say is:

its too difficult to completely resurrect the old thread which had the Debs updates and the jaffa talk in.

so we're creating a new thread with all the super-important posts (the main info about the project & Debs updates), which will be the discussion thread from tonight but which will remain completely on-topic. any off-topic posts in the new soon-to-be-sorted thread, will be removed.

can we be excited in there saying: god I whish it was monday? or should we keep a low profile?

just dont wanna cause a confusion again

I'm sorry to have started the jaffa talk :sad:

I hope the new thread would be useful for everyone :nice:

I'm really sorry too.... i didn't help in that department..... :disappointed:

But hopefully the new, shiny and on-topic thread will be ready for monday madness!!! :D

Thanxx to everyone who's working hard to sort it out :nice:

don't be sorry, there was more than one contributor to the jaffa cakes discussion, and I do believe it was me who moved it on to Rowntrees sweets :D

the spanking new thread is now there & stuck waiting for on-topic excitement until, hopefully, spectacular news on mon.

can we be excited in there saying: god I whish it was monday? or should we keep a low profile?

just dont wanna cause a confusion again

"god I wish it was monday" is fine.

these sort of discussions will be removed:

275px-New_Wispa_Bar.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WISPA. I'm so glad Cadbury's decided to bring them back from retirement :D