✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

I think that the letter should mention that we're from this board and we're from many different parts of the world (that's why the song inspired us to make the project)

and we wanted to make this as a way to say thanks to the band (and their crew! don't forget roadie/oracle/prospekt/anchorman, etc) for the amazing coldplay year .. with the new album and tour.... and saying to them that we also appreciate all the efforts to keep us happy (updating the official site almost every day / releasing new songs / including lots of places in the tour, etc)

(I already sent a thanks note yesterday to the oracle and a question about glass of water... but it's never enough when it comes to say thanks :P )

Fantastic! We could say that with all that they made our world better and better each day and that was the way we found to send them back little pieces of our worlds :hearts:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, now i picture dozens of coldplayers sitting at their desk and thinking of something to write that stands out from the "I love you guys to death" and "you make my life" lines, but i know that eventually we're all going to mention that. :laugh3:

It'd be better if they'd receive all the postcards together or in a short period of time

ohh and all the postcards should have a "postcards from far away project" written.. or something related to it that we have to define :P

Yeah, we'd have to make it clear that we're all part of the same project...

I can definitely also help with grammar/spell check, by the way- I'm obsessive about that stuff!

hahaha, now i picture dozens of coldplayers sitting at their desk and thinking of something to write that stands out from the "I love you guys to death" and "you make my life" lines, but i know that eventually we're all going to mention that. :laugh3:

and "Guy, marry me" or "Jonny, you're my hero" or "you are my favorite band ever" :lol:

or we could all write a line in our mother tongue, so that they get the idea of how diverse the postcards are. :smiley:

It'd be better if they'd receive all the postcards together or in a short period of time

ohh and all the postcards should have a "postcards from far away project" written.. or something related to it that we have to define :P

i was thinking of getting someone particularly good at photoshop to make a logo/seal thing for the project that everyone would paste on the postcard so they'd know it was part of the project. maybe that's too complicated?

how short would this period of time be, though? it takes varying amounts of time for the international postcards to reach england, so i think that the period of time should be like, 6 months long, just in case.

i think it would be lovely to have the first ones get there just before christmas, though :nice:

ahh, letter to debs. maybe it could be a similar letter to the one we're going to send coldplay, just addressed to debs with some of the pronouns changed?

great! :D

:) Just let me know!

By the way, I don't know if I've told you, but I love your picture. Hugh Laurie is my life (well, other than Coldplay, of course)! I watch all of his shows religiously :P

And writing in different languages is an awesome idea! Although the only other language I know is Latin... hmmm.

i was thinking of getting someone particularly good at photoshop to make a logo/seal thing for the project that everyone would paste on the postcard so they'd know it was part of the project.

zemy anyone? :smiley:

By the way, I don't know if I've told you, but I love your picture. Hugh Laurie is my life (well, other than Coldplay, of course)! I watch all of his shows religiously :P

And writing in different languages is an awesome idea! Although the only other language I know is Latin... hmmm.

thanks... I love Hugh too!!... I wanted a coldplay related avatar now but I'm too lazy to change it :laugh3:

I need to think in some nice words in spanish now :P

that's brilliant! :cheesy:

i could write in crude arabic and english :P

zemy anyone? :smiley:

i have an in there :sneaky:

i'll ask him tomorrow.

oops, sorry guys- I had to go there for a minute. But now that I am back (and have caught up on all the posts), I am EVEN MORE excited for this project! I really like the idea of making our own postcards- maybe even incorporate photos of us or where we live on them as well!

I would also make myself available to check people's English if necessary- I am yet another one of those grammar freaks. :D

yeah, since the boys from coldplay are great when it come to languages. like chris who tried to even write in dutch! or when he made that speech in french a few years ago. :smiley: they'll definitely figure out what we write in our mother tongues.

So, wait, how is this working? Are we writing a formal letter to Debs first to see how the mailing is going to go? I just can't wait to send my postcard! :D

haha, me neither!

right now i'm working on a very rough draft of a cover letter to coldplay, and i think that parts of that could potentially be used in a letter to debs, which i'd also be willing to help with. but someone that knows how to reach debs (lore?): i think we should drop her a line asking for a good address right NOW so we have SOMETHING to go on, and then send her the formal letter thing later in the week to see if she gives us the same address.

i'd also be willing to write a general "instruction manual" to coldplayers, n00bs and oldies, explaining the intents and purposes of the project and what the guidelines are.

i'd also be willing to write a general "instruction manual" to coldplayers' date=' n00bs and oldies, explaining the intents and purposes of the project and what the guidelines are.[/quote']

bon idée!

Hmmm..... I think I may have debs' email address in my inbox. I will go check...

edit: Yes, I have it! Should I post it here or PM it to someone? I would feel bad about posting it in the forum if she didn't want it...

OOH! what is it?

should a bunch of us email her now asking for an address, and then just one of us email her the formal letter later? how should this part of it go?

Hmmm..... I think I may have debs' email address in my inbox. I will go check...

edit: Yes, I have it! Should I post it here or PM it to someone? I would feel bad about posting it in the forum if she didn't want it...

there's no need to post it, don't worry :wink: