✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we'd have to get on asking debs, like, RIGHT NOW. if i remember correctly, she's not that punctual with her answers. how do we contact her again? i think we should ask her right now and begin to wait for an answer.

i'd be totally willing to write or head up the writing of some sort of cover-letter to the project. of course, since it's lore's idea, she gets first dibs, but i rather like formal letter-writing, and i also :heart: this idea. i had a vague idea that i would send them a postcard because of the title of the song (to accompany my letter i sent aaaages ago), but i didn't think of making it a mass-movement! i love it, lore!

you know what i love?

us.

hahaha. without sounding arrogant, but i feel like this could work especially because we're working together and we listen to each other's ideas.

chris was right when he said that coldplay fans were the best people in the world.:smug:

I think that we could write it using ideas posted by everyone here in the board :)

if I write it I'd really need some grammar help since my English it's not that good...

If everyone is agree we could send her an email tomorrow maybe or during this week

I think that we could write it using ideas posted by everyone here in the board :)

yeah, we could make another thread and someone write a basic letter and we could just throw in our ideas and scrutinise the letter.

you know what i love?

us.

hahaha. without sounding arrogant, but i feel like this could work especially because we're working together and we listen to each other's ideas.

chris was right when he said that coldplay fans were the best people in the world.:smug:

I :heart: this site and specially its members :D

yeah, we could make another thread and someone write a basic letter and we could just throw in our ideas and scrutinise the letter.

let's wait to see other member's opinions and if the rest of the mods and Ian and Jen are agree with this... :D

you know what i love?

us.

i was just thinking the same thing :nice:

this place really is one of the best in the world, and it doesn't even physically exist :lol:

i think it could REALLY work. i'd be willing to send in like 100 postcards just myself to get the project going!

if I write it I'd really need some grammar help since my English it's not that good...

If everyone is agree we could send her an email tomorrow maybe or during this week

i'd help you 100%, lore, if you wanted. i have a thing about correcting grammar :P. just let me know if you need/want it :D

just a little idea i have; tell me if you think its crap: i think it would be cool if some people actually made their own postcards too, like postsecret. so many people on here are amazing at photoshop/art/etc, and the rest are relatively competent. i feel like things like grace's siggy or some other avis/siggys i've seen through the years on this site printed on a 4X6 inch card would make an EPIC postcard to them, and would almost mean more. and they're still from far away because, well, they are REALLY mailed from far away.

that's just me, though :P

^ i love it too.

frankly, it's around 4:39 am over here and i actually went to bed at 12, but woke up at 2 am again and the first thing i decided to do because i couldn't fall asleep again, was logging onto coldplaying, which is rather sick and awesome at the same time. :laugh3:

oh, and just a random thought, but maybe we should set a size for the postcards, so that each one has an equal chance of being read. :lol:

Yeah, I was just thinking about Postsecret... I think it'd also be cool to have postcards that show where the sender lives, though- like the tourist postcards. Just so we can demonstrate the whole "far away" part of the project :P

But handmade ones would be awesome as well!

Yeah' date=' I was just thinking about Postsecret... I think it'd also be cool to have postcards that show where the sender lives, though- like the tourist postcards. Just so we can demonstrate the whole "far away" part of the project :P[/quote']

i thought about that too.

would be cool for them to see the diversity of where their fans actually come from. (i'm sure they're aware of that, but still... )

I think that the letter should mention that we're from this board and we're from many different parts of the world (that's why the song inspired us to make the project)

and we wanted to make this as a way to say thanks to the band (and their crew! don't forget roadie/oracle/prospekt/anchorman, etc) for the amazing coldplay year .. with the new album and tour.... and saying to them that we also appreciate all the efforts to keep us happy (updating the official site almost every day / releasing new songs / including lots of places in the tour, etc)

(I already sent a thanks note yesterday to the oracle and a question about glass of water... but it's never enough when it comes to say thanks :P )

What do you think they'll like the most? To receive dozens of postcards every day or hundreds in a row? If we send them directly to Coldplay they're not likely to arrive at the same time, it'll be easier to be read, but won't be that 'massive'.

I love the idea of a formal letter to Debs, Chelsea :nice:

:D

and if this works you and I and all the coldplaying people who has fan sites/blogs/forums in their countries could help to have send more postcards!

i thought about that too.

would be cool for them to see the diversity of where their fans actually come from. (i'm sure they're aware of that, but still... )

definitely agree. i'd probably send one from my college and then one i made, for example :P. and probably more than that, just to make the numbers appear greater.

I think that the letter should mention that we're from this board and we're from many different parts of the world (that's why the song inspired us to make the project)

and we wanted to make this as a way to say thanks to the band (and their crew! don't forget roadie/oracle/prospekt/anchorman, etc) for the amazing coldplay year .. with the new album and tour.... and saying to them that we also appreciate all the efforts to keep us happy (updating the official site almost every day / releasing new songs / including lots of places in the tour, etc)

(I already sent a thanks note yesterday to the oracle and a question about glass of water... but it's never enough when it comes to say thanks :P )

gotcha, lore :wink:

What do you think they'll like the most? To receive dozens of postcards every day or hundreds in a row? If we send them directly to Coldplay they're not likely to arrive at the same time, it'll be easier to be read, but won't be that 'massive'.

I love the idea of a formal letter to Debs, Chelsea :nice:

It'd be better if they'd receive all the postcards together or in a short period of time

ohh and all the postcards should have a "postcards from far away project" written.. or something related to it that we have to define :P