✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOH! what is it?

should a bunch of us email her now asking for an address, and then just one of us email her the formal letter later? how should this part of it go?

just one of us would be better... that why I think we should wait until tomorrow or the day after that

If only my printer wasn't broken.... I would print this postcard right now!

Oooh, speaking of which... we should post the scans or pictures of the postcards up here when we are done with them! I want to see everybody's! :D

yeahhh that'd be a great part of the project!

haha, me neither!

right now i'm working on a very rough draft of a cover letter to coldplay, and i think that parts of that could potentially be used in a letter to debs, which i'd also be willing to help with. but someone that knows how to reach debs (lore?): i think we should drop her a line asking for a good address right NOW so we have SOMETHING to go on, and then send her the formal letter thing later in the week to see if she gives us the same address.

i'd also be willing to write a general "instruction manual" to coldplayers, n00bs and oldies, explaining the intents and purposes of the project and what the guidelines are.

Let me know if you need help with the letter(s)!

If only my printer wasn't broken.... I would print this postcard right now!

Oooh, speaking of which... we should post the scans or pictures of the postcards up here when we are done with them! I want to see everybody's! :D

yes! i love that idea!!

ok, so for a cover letter to coldplay, this is what i have so far. it's a VERY rough draft, and it still needs and ending. i suck at endings.

feel free to rip it apart. it's a bit sappy.

Dear Guy, Jonny, Will, and Chris,

As multilingual, multinational members of the fansite coldplaying.com, several of us got together one night to think of how we could express our thanks to you for giving us the best music we have ever heard and for making 2008 the best year to date in Coldplay history. Of course, there is no way we could thank you enough for all that you have given us throughout the years: the music, the concerts, your innate senses of humor, your constant attention to your fans, the international causes to care for, and upstanding people to look up to and emulate. Each person’s reason for being a Coldplay fan is unique and personal and cannot be covered with broad, blanket statements in a letter such as this one. This is why we’ve decided to organize ourselves into a mass-movement of postcard-sending: for each coldplaying.com member to personally say thank you for everything you have done and the lives you have touched and changed throughout the years. Thus, the Postcards From Far Away Project was born.

Many of us live very far away from your home base of England, while others of us live practically in your backyard. Wherever Coldplay fans live and whatever languages they speak, something every one of us could do was drop a postcard in the post with a short message in any language expressing our thanks for everything you have given us and your undying attention and generosity in 2008 in particular. We assume that you get bagfuls of mail every day, but we hoped that under the umbrella of a united project, our short messages of thanks from every corner of the globe would take on a greater meaning and express how much your music and your actions have meant to us throughout the years in a bigger way. At the least, we hope you’re aware of a tidal wave of increase in your fan mail, and at the most, we hope you’re able to read some of them and take their notes to heart.

Our Project is a small effort to give back in a small way for all that you have given us, especially this year. No matter how many thousands of postcards we could send in, you have given us the greater gift of your music and by spoiling us rotten in 2008 with practically two albums of new material, a regularly and personally updated website, touring the world over, and still having the time to sign autographs and take photo after photo with the fans who wait for you outside hotels and concert venues. We’d also like to extend our heartfelt thanks to your crew and management, in particular Roadie #42, the Oracle, Prospekt, Anchorman, and Debs. We are all very glad that we were rabid Coldplay fans in 2008, because no other band could have given us the amount of attention and information that you gave, and no other band would have kept us in such anticipation.

once this is hammered out, then a letter to debs and a instruction manual to coldplayers can be written off of that :D

i should be sleeping.

it's 5:27 am.

i'm thinking about going jogging in an hour.

see, coldplay's good for your health.

beautiful letter, chelsea!

i particularly loved the part in which you give reasons why we actually love them. :heart:

oh my, and the backyard part was quite funny. :nice:

I think we should put all of them in one package so they now its from coldplaying......like we can get someone who wouldnt mind everyone sended them to their house and then they could send it to them in one whole package!!

That way they dont miss it and itll be a big gift!!

Make sense???..What do u guys think??

haha, you guys are too nice :blush: :D

but it DOES need an ending, a good one. i suck at endings. so i need help with that :D.

i have a lot of work this week, but as of friday afternoon i'm free for four days and can really work on this if need be. that's not to say i'm dropping helping now (i need SOMETHING to procrastinate with! :P), but i can really do more this weekend.