✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Feb-2009: Osaka, Kobe World Kinen Hall - Tickets, Reviews, Meetups, Previews

Well, considering that "Tokyo" is not even the original lyric of the song, and that CM doesn't vary that lyric, and that, even if he did, the chances of him mistaking "Tokyo" for "Osaka" are near-nil, I'd say there was not much to worry about and that your comment makes no sense.

It was just a little joke around the fact that the previous two gigs he'd been singing 'Tokyo'. He does vary it - in London at one of the two gigs I went to he changed it - I wasn't very happy as it's my favourite ever Coldplay lyric, but that's Chris for yer :D

Nevermind :)

Clocks/In my Place:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gouO5_R3DJc]YouTube - Clocks / In my place @ Kobe Feb. 2009[/ame]

Viva:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrNsXZjpKHA]YouTube - Viva la vida, Coldplay @ Kobe, Japan, Feb 14 2009[/ame]

Green Eyes/DWNC:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHlZP057jKA]YouTube - Coldplay in Kobe, Japan[/ame]

Mimixxx,

I honestly think it was a really great show. Some technical snags that seemed to put them off a bit at some points but nothing too serious. I've seen hundreds of bands live, but I don't think I've ever had the feeling that the band on stage actually cared about the fans in the room. Maybe it was because I had a good spot, but it sure felt like they were really playing for us, and not only for themselves. This might have been a less memorable night for the band, but they sure didn't disappoint. At least not me anyway.

Obvious tech snags: Curtain wouldn't go up at first, it got stuck at an angle close to the floor. And during the acoustic stage some instrument or equipment didn't work and they had to change song on a whim. Chris just went "Yeah, it's definitely f***ed", then discussed song choice briefly and just went on with it. No panic.

some more pics..

Seconding kedoku711... was an awesome show! Was very click happy... sharing some pics

the lights..

IMG_6023.jpg

blurred silhouette on the piano

IMG_6024.jpg

the magic orbs..

IMG_6025.jpg

few closeups..

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

Backdrops toward the end of the show

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

Most of the blur is due to to people going crazy while dancing :D

Clicked them with a Canon SX100. Compact enough to put into a jacket pocket with a nice 10x zoom and a manual mode to boot.

Got a few short movies too.. will try and put em up soon.

• 2 weeks later...