✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Sep-2009: Estadi Olimpic, Barcelona - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

Bottom Line, they played very badly.. ! Please accept my point of view... !

I cant belive people are defending them here STILL...

Its hard to admit someone (s) is wrong when you love them so much...

As for it being a challange to play in stadiums and maintian sound... I have been to two other concerts of theirs before, and no issues exisisted whatsover... !

They most likley made cut backs on the sound system on the hope to make more money. (well the concert orgainisers)

Belive me its very hard for me to admit to this... I love coldplay...

Yes the crowd was angry.. I have been to see Oasis, they stopped their gig for 45 minutes due to sound problems, and we had to put up with sound tests until they got it right.. They did. And played a amazing concert..

All the lads did that night, and I am very sad to admit, was just turn up for a nights work, of which they clearly did not want to do... !

There set list was all over the place, which seemed to me also they have lost in touch with the crowd....

If they make a DVD out of this. It will be the biggest rip of in history and fradulent... ( well it will match this concert rip off)

They will have to sample a crowd noise from other concerts,...they will have to dub half of the songs.. due to the underwater sound quaility that was coming though.

I heard it was worse for the people on the pitch, and I was in the stands..

Personally I think the lads know now, they need to rest for a few years... re think... what they want to do, maybe their bored.. its hard to maintain...

2559 people have now singed the on line petition ... thats a lot of people... see the comments and you will see the truth

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hurts to say this. I love you like Coldplay, and I wish him well. But I must explain:

If you go to a concert with your family (the first time my daughter was one in a stadium), you spend 225 euros for the concert (me, my wife and daughter), and for over half a year waiting for the concert, you find that is recorded in DVD ... wait a fantastic night, especially with Coldplay. Ok? 're Thinking what I'm saying?

But ... the sound comes evil, lazy. Not for just 3 songs, but throughout the concert. You wait, you want that is not true. You hope that the sound does not spoil your night. In the grandstand area (right side of the stadium) we had serious problems with sound during the whole concert. If you explain to our disappointment, people crying after the concert ... I spoke quietly with my family during the concert. Is this normal?

Sorry for Coldplay, but in Barcelona it was bad, really bad. I if you know please their fans, will be their problem. At least, I ask that there be no doubt of what we live for more than half of the stadium. More respect, please. Coldplay just tell that he was very ill. It was not our fault, and we want to reconnect with the group.

I'm 49. I'm not a creature, and have lived many concerts in my life to say this was the worst and most disappointing I've attended.

Coldplay can not respond with a lie, that problem was only 3 songs. There are too many testimonials. Coldplay should react differently, not simply deny something of which there are many videos and testimonials from people who lived it.

Will continue talking about this concert, for sure. Coldplay should do something with it.

Thanks !! agreed... !

It's the same set list they've been playing for a long time and no other audience has had a problem with it. In fact it's gone down very well.

There certainly weren't any cut backs on sound systems, since this is the only gig out of however many hundred they've done this past year and a half where there has been any problem like this at all.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experiece but judging from the reviews you're in the minority. The people who have signed it just want something for free.

The end of the day you can't sit through the full thing then expect a refund at the end, if the sound was really so bad you should have walked out as soon as it started and asked for a refund there and then.

It's the same set list they've been playing for a long time and no other audience has had a problem with it. In fact it's gone down very well.

There certainly weren't any cut backs on sound systems, since this is the only gig out of however many hundred they've done this past year and a half where there has been any problem like this at all.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experiece but judging from the reviews you're in the minority. The people who have signed it just want something for free.

The end of the day you can't sit through the full thing then expect a refund at the end, if the sound was really so bad you should have walked out as soon as it started and asked for a refund there and then.

I did walk out during life in techincolour II !I had enough !! of hearing people talk... ! I could not clap this performence,.. its was like going to see your team play in football and play badly... lots of people did... !

That rarley happens... I have never left a concert before the final song... has been played !

I was there. I queue from 9.30 in the morning until the gig started (12 hours before the show). It was my fifth time watching Coldplay but, for the friends that came with me, it was the first time. I was standing in the middle, very near to the stage and besides the two cuts at the beggining, we didn't notice any sound problem. My friends were very impressed with the show and they thought the setlist was great. They said that they will come to see them again when they return to Barcelona. I was very happy with the show too. Maybe not his best, but it was a good gig and it was worth every minute waiting in the queue and every euro I spent in my ticket.

When I got home, that's when I started to see that some people didn't hear well. So, my point is, some people DID enjoy the gig and had fun.

As for it being a challange to play in stadiums and maintian sound... I have been to two other concerts of theirs before, and no issues exisisted whatsover... !

They most likley made cut backs on the sound system on the hope to make more money. (well the concert orgainisers)

Yes the crowd was angry.. I have been to see Oasis, they stopped their gig for 45 minutes due to sound problems, and we had to put up with sound tests until they got it right.. They did. And played a amazing concert..

All the lads did that night, and I am very sad to admit, was just turn up for a nights work, of which they clearly did not want to do... !

There set list was all over the place, which seemed to me also they have lost in touch with the crowd....

If they make a DVD out of this. It will be the biggest rip of in history and fradulent... ( well it will match this concert rip off)

They will have to sample a crowd noise from other concerts,...they will have to dub half of the songs.. due to the underwater sound quaility that was coming though.

Personally I think the lads know now, they need to rest for a few years... re think... what they want to do, maybe their bored.. its hard to maintain...

2559 people have now singed the on line petition ... thats a lot of people... see the comments and you will see the truth

You are THE dumbest person in the ENTIRE world!!! I wouldn't consider you a real Coldplay fan. You think they ACTUALLY made cut backs on the sound. Why in the hell would they want to do that????!!!! To make money??? How does that make sense??? Your stupidity amazes me!

And yeah, I can tell from all the awesome pictures and tons of fan reviews that they didn't want to be there. AND THE FACT THAT THEY FILMED IT!!! WHY WOULD THEY JUST GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS IF THEY'RE FILMING?! You are so friggin stupid!!!

Exactly!! Why go through the whole show and THEN say 'sound was bad. give us something for free'? People who sign that petition are a bunch of freeloaders who want something for nothing!

You know I totally understand when people are not happy with the sound if it was not 100% but to just saying Coldplay's are lying, don't want to give the best show to the fans annoye me. All the above is based on nothing....

Coldplay have three stage set with the sound systems so if you say that they cut back on the sound system to save money why in other cities the exactly same stage and soundsystem work?

Coldplay do more for their fans then most bands - if they want to safe money I guess they wouldn't spend a lot of money to give CD's away for free and with the CD they also give away millions they could have made with a live CD.

Not even 3000 people, with I am sure half of them just signed up to get something for free, of 64 000 who been to the show is not much, is def. not the majority.

P.

You are THE dumbest person in the ENTIRE world!!! I wouldn't consider you a real Coldplay fan. You think they ACTUALLY made cut backs on the sound. Why in the hell would they want to do that????!!!! To make money??? How does that make sense??? Your stupidity amazes me!

And yeah, I can tell from all the awesome pictures and tons of fan reviews that they didn't want to be there. AND THE FACT THAT THEY FILMED IT!!! WHY WOULD THEY JUST GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS IF THEY'RE FILMING?! You are so friggin stupid!!!

did you go... TELL ME !

WELL THEN .. shut up until you know what you are talking about !

after all this discussion, I would like to write a review of Barcelona's concert, I know it's a bit late but I didn't have time to write something down before.

As I've already said, I was in the main stage front row so hadn't problems at all with the sound, a part from those mentioned in my previous post...I don't mean to defend Coldplay beyond evidence, but I think it was a great gig!I loved it as I've been waiting so long for it...

I could hear the soundcheck from the Poble Espanyol (a place in Montjuic not far from the stadium), at about 12:00, then started queueing at around 1pm....lot of time, especially because since 4pm we had to stand up...I didn't seat until 1 in the morning, so I was pretty tired at the end, but it was worth!!

I also enjoyed the supporting groups, especially "the sunday drivers", I think they have a really catchy sound!-to be honest, I found myself whistling their songs days after:)

My sister has been to Udine, too, but she didn't explained me very well how the concert would start-I tried not to read too many previous reviews about the tour because I wanted to be as surprised as I could...I expected the courtain to fall down showing Delocroix's paiting, but when I saw the map thing and suddenly those fabolous guys entering with "fireworks" in their hands, with Life in technicolor on the background...stunning. I know for some of you the setlist is not that entertaining because they more or less repeat the same stuff everywhere, but I also think it's fair for those who go to just one concert, to enjoy the songs from the last cd. Evertyime they started playing next song, I was thinking "great!I'm glad to hear it 'cause i love it!!", but it was the same for every song =D. The thing is, I associate almost every CP track to a moment in my life...and I could feel every word Chris was sining, every single word. Some were even more emotional to me, such as "politik","the hardest part", or "in my place"... when they played it, I rememebered exactly the moment I first listened to Coldplay, the first time I saw those tremendously honest blue eyes...really, "every moment was so precious"...I sung at the top of my lung, and jumped, and laughed, and tears came to my eyes... I "lived" the songs and the concert.

Before the firs sortie, when Chris and Guy came in front of us to receive the applause, I did a gesture with my hands just to say "thank you", and as they were looking my way, they smiled at me...it was just a fraction of a second, but it was so sweet,...and when everybody was singing "the scientist" I really thougt it was a shame for us to part...(not me and Chris, I mean the whole public and the band:laugh3:)

Adrenaline still runs in my veins when I think about that concert...can't wait for more! (I think I'll have to wait for a long time now, but you never know...)

Exactly!! Why go through the whole show and THEN say 'sound was bad. give us something for free'? People who sign that petition are a bunch of freeloaders who want something for nothing!

hmm me a free loader at coldplay concerts... !

2003 around the equilvent to €40 x 2 spent a ticket for me and friend to go and see coldplay for a first time

2005 June around € 50 each x 4 for me and friend to go and see coldplay again. I got back @50 euros of this...

2005 November flights, hotel and tickets € 400 euros

2008 50 € to go and see coldplay x2 in BArcelona wheras I treated someone to go to their first coldplay gig

2009 €75 euros ... got from someone else, whom I knew paid at least €72 euros for the ticket they sold me...

DONT call me a free loader...

Its not about the money, I think they may have just got bored now...!

I was there, centered, five meters from stage. The sound was too low the whole show, not bad but too low. I could hear the people talking far away. We couldn´t clap our hands because they were louder than the stage sound and couldn`t do it on time. When people arround me started singing (even my own voice), the sound from stage (Except the bass drum an the bass) was lost.

Only when "lost" was played, we started to hear the snare drum. Was at the end of the show when the sound was almost back.

Is that usual at the other european shows?

Ididn't go away because I was hoping they fix it.

did you go... TELL ME ! [/size]

WELL THEN .. shut up until you know what you are talking about !

I DO know what I'm talking about! You're an idiot!

hmm me a free loader at coldplay concerts... !

2003 around the equilvent to €40 x 2 spent a ticket for me and friend to go and see coldplay for a first time

2005 June around € 50 each x 4 for me and friend to go and see coldplay again. I got back @50 euros of this...

2005 November flights, hotel and tickets € 400 euros

2008 50 € to go and see coldplay x2 in BArcelona wheras I treated someone to go to their first coldplay gig

2009 €75 euros ... got from someone else, whom I knew paid at least €72 euros for the ticket they sold me...

DONT call me a free loader...

Its not about the money, I think they may have just got bored now...!

What do the soundproblem as to do with if they got "bored"?

Was the sound the issue or their performance?

Sorry you just confuse me.

P.

Not the only one, and not only two songs

I was there, centered, five meters from stage. The sound was too low the whole show, not bad but too low. I could hear the people talking far away. We couldn´t clap our hands because they were louder than the stage sound and couldn`t do it on time. When people arround me started singing (even my own voice), the sound from stage (Except the bass drum an the bass) was lost.

Only when "lost" was played, we started to hear the snare drum. Was at the end of the show when the sound was almost back.

Is that usual at the other european shows?

Ididn't go away because I was hoping they fix it.

I`m sorry autoquote

Please stop the whinning!!! There were sooo many people who flew from all over the United States and overseas to see their last U.S. stop of this tour in Tampa, Florida. they spent airline money and hotel money, car rental money that was all unrefundable, not to say the price of the ticket which were well over 100.00 dollars, these people did not get anything back from the Band or expected anything, other than hoping to recieve a word about a re-schedule, so quit your fucking bitching and feel good there was only "glitches" in the first 2 songs, if Coldplay and Management thought for a second the show was a fucked up mess, they would be the first ones to say this! People like you whinners are NOT TRUE COLDPLAYERS like YOU claim to be, I don't give a Fuck what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Please excuse my outburst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who have signed it just want something for free.

Right on.

It amazes me that after listening to the gig a couple times over my ipod and everything, there are no (technical) problems after Violet Hill. So the sound wasn't as loud as what you got out of Bono and the boys a month ago, who cares! Next time they play in Spain I hope they do crank up the volume a little bit. Not because its not loud enough, but because Spaniards talk through the entire show and then want a damn refund because they didn't hear the show. If you want to download the show and hear the only recognizable speaker out in the whole show, during Violet go to coldplaybootlegs.com and download it, its very clear there was no problem that warranted a fucking "replay"

! People like you whinners are NOT TRUE COLDPLAYERS like YOU claim to be, I don't give a Fuck what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Please excuse my outburst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bart

My Mood: At the moment... ironic

Also

Coldplaying Awards 2004

Admin Choice Award Winner 2004

Bart... !

Bart

My Mood: At the moment... ironic

Also

Coldplaying Awards 2004

Admin Choice Award Winner 2004

Bart... !

SORRY, but that means shit for me, I have only been a member here for less than a year, but a fan since 2000, who cares, you still whine:stunned:

SORRY, but that means shit for me, I have only been a member here for less than a year, but a fan since 2000, who cares, you still whine:stunned:

love it... !Enjoy London.. the gig will be good there.. most likley their best ever performance...