✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Sep-2009: Estadi Olimpic, Barcelona - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

Hey @Strawberry I just reckognized myself in your pic :D

Well I guess we were in the lucky side concerning sound and stuff since I had but good vibrations the whole evening... I've just read the whole reports and I ask myself if I attended a different gig... except for the LIT-VH thingie, I have no complaints at all... .

(Vamos que en nuestra zona había un muy buen rollo y el ambiente de la grada, para mi sorpresa, fue épico ).

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer to strawberryswinger's question: How many languages do you know?

I know Danish (being Danish), Norwegian and Swedish, English, German and French. With the help of online translation tool and my knowledge of French and Latin, I can also somewhat translate from Spanish and Italian - maybe not perfect translations, but understandable ones. And I am having much fun doing it. :)

It also helps a lot that I like the subject. :D NANCY

wow, that's really impressive! keep the good work :thumbsup:

Just for information, the new song, intro to "Death will never conquer" were also Played @ the "Stade de Suisse", in Bern when they came to Switzerland.

i didn't say that the song was new, i just mentioned it :lol:

Hey @Strawberry I just reckognized myself in your pic :D

Well I guess we were in the lucky side concerning sound and stuff since I had but good vibrations the whole evening... I've just read the whole reports and I ask myself if I attended a different gig... except for the LIT-VH thingie, I have no complaints at all... .

(Vamos que en nuestra zona había un muy buen rollo y el ambiente de la grada, para mi sorpresa, fue épico ).

these are my exact same thoughts!

YouTube - ColdPlay Barcelona ¡No se oye![/url]

wow :stunned: now i understand why chris started again The Hardest Part... and he played it with a music sheet on the piano :confused:

I agree with you in some things, but not on the whole.

About the crowd, it's true that there were people talking and not very involved with the show. But this is the kind of things that happen when you become a band of huge success: there are the fans that know every song and sing them, but also the kind of people that know them for one or two songs (Viva la vida, Yellow) and the rest of the concert remain passive or worse, chatting.

Here in Barcelona this has become more obvious with the FC Barcelona thing: at the stadium they played Viva la Vida before every match. It has become a anthem for the succesful season of the team, and recognised everywhere. Result: a lot of people at the concert wearing the Barça t-shirt and they maybe only knew this song. Even at the TV3 news this afternoon, the jornalist that made the report of the show said that some people were disappointed because there was no mention to FC Barcelona and the band didn't wear the Barça T-shirts. VENGA YA!!! COME ON! I must admit that I thought they'd do some mention to it, but I was happy that they didn't. In this country it seems that football has to be the center of everything.

The mobile wave in the end worked very well, I think. At the beginning it was a problem because Chris said "starting from the left"... but the left of what? He must have said "starting from the left of the stage". But after 2-3 attemps it was pretty good.

About the reviews. I've read some newspapers and all of them are very positive, only with the drawback of the sound at the beginning.

HAHAHAH!!!, thats what I said: Your left or my left :laugh3:

HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU SPEAK????? :stunned:

a pic i took of the crowded place:

dscf1708.jpg

ostres tio, em tenies al teu davant. No vas veure una sonada prenyada amb el jersey gris a ratlles blanques que no abaixava els braços ni morta? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Answer to strawberryswinger's question: How many languages do you know?

I know Danish (being Danish), Norwegian and Swedish, English, German and French. With the help of online translation tool and my knowledge of French and Latin, I can also somewhat translate from Spanish and Italian - maybe not perfect translations, but understandable ones. And I am having much fun doing it. :)

It also helps a lot that I like the subject. :D NANCY

:stunned:

then I'm sure you can translate catalan too.

Maybe it was the Barcelona crowd, we went with such high expections... as always there was people that went to their very first coldplay concert... and they hmost likey did not sleep for days in anticpation... guys... its gonna take us a while to get over what was a shocking and very piss poor performence... remember I have been a member here for 6 years... and love coldplay and have a very personal debt of gratitude I could never repay...

Chris, will, guy, or johnny if you ever read this thread.. please try and understand we also paid a lot of money to go into the gig... we paid up to a 100 euros, it was crazy the ticket tout tickets were actually cheaper...

when have you heard this before...

take some time out lads.... now your very tired... I would be espically after alll that flying and checking in and out...

Come back one day and if Barcelona means that much to you, do a gig at la merce..

PLEASE NEVER AGAIN LET YOUR COMPLENCYn, CARRY YOU THOUGH YOUR CONCERTS...

In addition please dont think we are ungrateful and sad bunch... neither...

when u come back, renturn to basics,,,, PArachuets... play more than yellow please..

wait I don't get it what happened?

People kept on shouting 'no se oye' and it seemed like Chris was trying hard to give out a good performance.

It's just sad.

Maybe it was the Barcelona crowd, we went with such high expections... as always there was people that went to their very first coldplay concert... and they hmost likey did not sleep for days in anticpation... guys... its gonna take us a while to get over what was a shocking and very piss poor performence... remember I have been a member here for 6 years... and love coldplay and have a very personal debt of gratitude I could never repay...

Chris, will, guy, or johnny if you ever read this thread.. please try and understand we also paid a lot of money to go into the gig... we paid up to a 100 euros, it was crazy the ticket tout tickets were actually cheaper...

when have you heard this before...

take some time out lads.... now your very tired... I would be espically after alll that flying and checking in and out...

Come back one day and if Barcelona means that much to you, do a gig at la merce..

PLEASE NEVER AGAIN LET YOUR COMPLENCYn, CARRY YOU THOUGH YOUR CONCERTS...

In addition please dont think we are ungrateful and sad bunch... neither...

when u come back, renturn to basics,,,, PArachuets... play more than yellow please..

I know you were very disappointed and have paid a lot of money for it (as I have mentioned in my earlier posts) but I also think that the boys tried really hard to give out their best performance every single time. I might not know what actually happened, but I've liked this band long enough to know that they will not neglect any shows because they think they're good enough where they are. Especially not the show which they wanted to film for their DVD.

Coldplay concert in Barcelona on 4 Sept. 2009

Translation of Review of Coldplay Concert in Barcelona on 4 September 2009 - the Spanish newspaper "Lavanguardia"

http://www.lavanguardia.es/cultura/noticias/20090905/53778716174/65.000-incondicionales-arropan-a-coldplay-en-el-estadio-olimpico.html

We are talking about crisis. That the figures seem catastrophic. But, look where, last night a quartet of relatively normal guys came to the Stadium "Estadi Lluís Companys", bring together a heterogeneous audience consisting of more than one class / generation and section (Pep Guardiola, the coach of FC Barcelona, is not lost in the concert). An audience different from the conventional audience at concerts by Rolling Stones, U2 or Bruce Springsteen; it is said an audience quite a lot more epicurean x).

About 20 minutes behind schedule some muscular Coldplay broke the anxious silence of the audience. They entered the stage at full speed with a Life in Technicolor which suffered from some unfortunate, unexpected sound problems. Let's get to the point.

When reaching the third song we have already reached full speed with a convincing and overwhelming version of Clocks. In the continuation we came closer to ecstasy with In my place, with singer Chris Martin racing several times for a catwalk/ramp amongst the audience (and saying a sentence "qué tal amigos?" meaning something like "what's up, my friends?" - bridging the gap between singer and the audience).

His way of delivering his performance (delivery) is sincere, his timely/punctual deferences to the public (" ("muchísimas gracias desde el corazón" meaning "Thank you very much from the heart") are appreciated, but his hard-working attempts to convert some conventional scores into pieces of rap, waltz do not stop colliding. In Cemeteries of London he again makes reference to his empathy for Barcelona, and so throughout the night.

The truth is that this group has a double merit, because beyond the extreme correction of its pop-rock (simple correction, never ecstatic) the group has been able to convert it into tremendous ballads-hymns of smashing loyalty, and, moreover, to ensure that those simple melodies are eventually becoming powerful themes.

That happened yesterday with Fix You that, since it was composed, until today it has suffered a transmutation almost unbelievable: Tremendous rhytmic punch, fair vocal harmonies (this is a strong point in the house, moreover) and, when the sound problems permit it, an acoustics that did not disappear.

All that justified that the stadium "Estadi Lluís Companys" recorded one of the largest events (stadium was packed) that one could recall, with those 63,500 people.

When in the middle of the evening, a medley was invented (contrived) in the middle of the pit with God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and some other songs, the people - being jaded - shouted "cannot be heard" and Chris Martin said: "I am very happy to be here".

Then there was an a-congojante? version of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, acoustic guitar exposed to? hair and voice naked. A sensible tribute. At the end, and there is not the same doubt about that, all went well, one of those big concerts to close the summer season, effective, exciting and sensational, with much confetti, but with unpolluted dignity. And so I will end this review: "Hasta la proxima" meaning Until next (time or concert).

x) Epicurean: characteristic of an epicurean: devotee of (esp sensual) enjoyment

It was a difficult translation and I have had major problems with two paragraphs ending up with my decision to skip a few sentences here and there where I simply couldn't get the meaning - nor could the online translation tools. :)

Ok, I was there, I went from Madrid, a long way by car... and I expected the same good show I saw last year in Madrid. It... just wasn't.

The sound wasn't good, that's true (I was in the area where the problems appeared) but I didn't complain because it wasn't their fault, they just did their best. Even Chris apologised for the sound problems at the end of the concert... "it's a pity" is all I can say over and over.

The point is that because of that, Chris and the guys wasn't in a good mood, and we all missed that.

I think the company that prepared the concert to film it for the DVD maybe underestimated the power of the loudspeakers and lights... it was just a pity.

I think the band couldn't do much better, but the organization definitely could have been better (for example, when they gave the LRLRL CD, there was just a bunch of guys with a lot of CDs... and loads of people around them. Of course, there were people with 5 CDs and people with none).

I enjoyed the concert, but the people (as the band) just wasn't exited... it is a shame that due to some sound problems, the atmosphere wasn't as good as it could have been.

It just wasn't one of their best shows... but they will do it better in the next, I'm sure of that. And of course, I'll be there.

P.S: I really enjoyed their "Glass of water" and "Life in technicolors II", they were new for me in live, and I missed "Trouble"!!

ostres tio, em tenies al teu davant. No vas veure una sonada prenyada amb el jersey gris a ratlles blanques que no abaixava els braços ni morta? :D:D:D:D:D:D

ja ho vaig pensar, que potser estaves per alla, però no vaig veure cap panxa hahaa

It's the setlist I think. :)

oh, they play the same songs every damn night and he still doesn't know the setlist? :laugh3:

I have a good catalan newspaper review, I still don't have this newspaper in my hands.. maybe tomorrow but here is the link ( I will translate it to spanish later) : http://paper.avui.cat/article/cultura/173722/coldplay/triomfen/olimpic/ple/vessar.html

(Can any good english speaker translate it to english please, i will try it later but I can do a disaster :P )

Hi,

Today the Spanish newspaper Lavanguardia has a new article / review of the Coldplay concert on 4 September 2009 - with the headline: "Coldplay Fiasco in Barcelona":

http://www.lavanguardia.es/participacion/noticias/20090905/53778897228/fiasco-de-coldplay-en-barcelona-chris-martin-martin-madonna-u2-florentino-perez-michael-jackson-ciud.html

Below I have stored the Spanish article in English -"translated" by "the Online Google toolbar" into English - I have done nothing but store the English text here - obviously without any proof-reading - and this is the result so that you can get an idea of what comes out of it when using the "Google toolbar translation facility". Editing such articles take time - I might proofread a few paragraphs, but not everything, because it would take me a very long time.

ENJOY! :D :) :laugh3: