✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

11-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

It's also annoying when they rework songs by adding a damn piano solo to the end of each one - Chris, it only worked for Clocks. End the song where you're supposed to you twerp.

You do realise that some of those were actual songs, right and not just an extension of the song? Or are you too much of a twerp to realise that?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...

well although he's so thin, but he's toned...holding his waist is like holding a comfy yet strong cushion...:sneaky:

and he smelled really niceeeeee...even after jumping, running and singing on stage fr two hours and sweat like mad!!!

he.is.bloody.hot.

I enjoyed reading your story. Very lucky girl. I love the expression on Chris' face in your pic.

You're lucky you got to the front. So many bloody rude people just pushed and shoved and even when we got to our spots, people thought they could just come in late and push through to the front. Sooooo rude!!!!

there were in fact plenty of rude people it's unbelievable!

it's amusing how people can be too selfich sometime! i was lucky because the earlybirds actually sticked to each other and helped one another...and i have a friend who happens to be a fast runner! lol! which part of the stage were u at?

and thanks for liking my story...the experience was indeed, wonderful :)

i noticed your siggy and is wondering....did u just come back from the gig??

chrisloveforever.jpg

*the guy taking our picture did not take the whole banner...but i'm still loving this photo regardless

OMG, how bloody awesome is that! Good for you! :thumbsup:

lol...

well although he's so thin, but he's toned...holding his waist is like holding a comfy yet strong cushion...:sneaky:

and he smelled really niceeeeee...even after jumping, running and singing on stage fr two hours and sweat like mad!!!

he.is.bloody.hot.

I'm crying right now :bigcry:Cuz I'm sooooo jealous!!

The Ultimate Coldplay Experience. (Now my feet wont touch the ground. Ever.)

This is a review of the whole experience. Bear with me as this will be a fucking long one.

It was at 10am, on the 11th March of 2009.

We (Iner, Chong, Diana, Pohlin and moi) arrived at Acer Arena. There were 9 people lining up in front of us. When we've secured our place, I've decided to take a walk around acer arena just to find out which door would the guys come in to. I saw the loading dock and there were few roadies standing outside smoking. I waited there with Iner for few minutes. Then one army guy came and told us that the guys are coming at 2-ish pm. So i waited until 3pm but the guys still didnt come. I asked the security lady and she told me..'the guys are coming and they ARE going through this door..but u didnt hear it from me..' What a nice lady...

I waited with iner waited until 3.30 and the guys still haven't come. At some point Iner was sleeping, too tired of waiting (thanks Iner for always being there beside me). I decided to just wait until 4 then I'll go back to queue...Then there was a toyota mpv came in at 3.45pm and I saw from the driver's seat Guy Berryman(bassist-Iner's favourite) and Johnny Buckland(guitarist) sitting at the back! I was so excited and decided to go to the loading dock again after the concert.

Going into the venue was like a war. People were pushing and running! We were pushed to the back when we gathered inside acer arena. There were a bunch of girls who called their other friends to line up in front of us..I told them that was unfair and they said..'u can go and complain if u want to..' What a bunch of bitches. Then the guy that lined up in front of me suddenly pulled my hand to the front!(and yes, he's a cutie-approved by all the other four hehe) All the early comers cheered and we stayed together! Then when the security released us, everyone ran as fast as possible to get to the front..I was thinking there's no hope for me to be at the front anymore...but while I was running, I saw pohlin already standing at the barrier right in front of the stage waving to me and calling my name!! I ran to her and hugged her. Thanks poh lin honey!

Suddenly a photographer from triple M came to me to ask for a photo of me and my banner (it read 'COLDPLAY RULE AUSTRALIA'). Then few other photographers and video cameras came to ask for the same thing. After 10minutes waiting, Decoder Ring came on stage. i guess they were pretty good. But Mercury Rev was UNBEARABLE!! Ttheir songs seemed to go on for ever!!! What a torture. When the roadies(people who work on stage and backstage) were cleaning up the stage, I saw Maynard(one of the roadies-dont ask me how did i know him, but yeah i did my research!) and shouted his name. He, and few other roadies were shocked and looked at me, unsure if they heard it right. i shouted 'maynard!' again, and the roadies got excited and pointed at Maynard. The fans at our side was cheering up too, though they were not sure about what was happening. One of the roadies asked me how did I know Maynard, and I told him about roadie 42's blog on coldplay.com..hehe. My girls said that I was crazy, and I would not deny that.

After that, I was waiting for the Jay Z song. When it came out..I was shouting alone! lol! Guess other people doesnt really know that the jay-z song is the the que for Coldplay to come out next.. There was a guy breakdancing on the stage along with this song..he was good..haha.

Then finally COLDPLAY came on stage!! They were bringing a firework with them and they went around the stage with a sheer blind covering them...They played the whole LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR behind the blind..Crowd uproared and sang the 'oooooo' part together. Then the blind dropped and Coldplay continued playing the next two songs VIOLET HILL and CLOCKS. At the end of violet hill Chris sang something like 'if u're from sydney wont u let me know'...Crowd went crazy during clocks and sang along..Then it was time for IN MY PLACE which brings out excitement from the crowed more than before.

Then came in YELLOW...before yellow, Chris was mentioning about australia's got talent and how we should sing together to get to the final..lol. The yellow balloons were amazing!!!! After yellow, they played GLASS OF WATER and only me and the other guy on the front row sang along...Well, I heard that has happened before this so I was not surprised. CEMETERIES OF LONDON and 42 came in after that.

Again, people got excited when they heard FIX YOU. Everyone sang along to the song. Chris pointed the mic out to the crowed for the chorus part. After the song end, Chris said that everyone qualified to the final of australia's got talent...haha. Then he sang STRWABERRY SWING and people clapped and cheered when this song came to air.

The lights went off after strawberry swing. All the guys went to the right stage and chris sat at the piano. They played TALK (DANCE VERSION) and GOD PUT A SMILE. After that, Johnny Guy and Will went back to the center stage leaving Chris alone with his piano. Chris said that this is the time where the guys allowed him to go solo and do his thing lol. He played HARDEST PART and POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY. Those blew me away. All of you should see Chris playing the piano. Sweats were dropping like water from pipes. He even banged the chair he sat on soooo hard. I think that's why his bum is just.so.sexayyyyhhhhh!!!

I told the girls that VIVA LA VIDA will come next. And it did. Chris ran back to the center stage. Everyone jumped and went crazy during this song. Even the seating people stood up. I cant breathe when Chris laid down trying to catch his breath. I died for a while. Then he played LOST! and everyone sang along as well.

After those epic songs, it's time for the boys to run to the c-stage at the back. Guy took the water that one of the girls gave him and drank it...I think the girl nearly fainted..and Iner is a bit jealous lol. They played SPEED OF SOUND, magnificent as always. Then chris said something like because tonight is a happy night, we dont want to just play sad coldplay song. So let's just go back to the 1960's and play and enjoy a happy song. They played I'M A BELIEVER, crowed responded to the song during the 'uuuuuu' part. While singing, Chris asked the crowd, 'i'm a belie...are u in love?' Then he asked johnny, then he asked Will a few times too just to tease him lol. Chris then moved the mic stand to Will's front and I knew that it's time for DEATH WILL NEVER CONQUER. Will sang perfectly.

Then the lights went off and VIVA LA VIDA REMIX went to air. Everyone lighted up their handphones. it was magical. just magnificent.

Then i heard this powerful piano playing and I knew this is going to be POLITIK. I jumped like a crazy girl but I didnt really care. Like before, crowd jumped up and down and went all insane for this song. After that the boys played LOVERS IN JAPAN. I have to say, the butterfly confetti made everyone happy, especially the glow in the dark ones. After that beautiful song, Chris just continued playing DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS. This is when I knew that it's going to be their last song. I was a bit sad as it felt too short. The guys then took their last bow..this is when my friend and I shouted 'happy belated birthday chris!!!!!' and I showed my board with 'HAPPY BELATED CHRIS' written on it. Chris looked at us and said thank you. Then, *clears throat* he pointed at me and pointed at his arm...because I have the colour stripes on my arms too!!!!!!!!! I was just about to faint when my friend hugged me! lol. (IF ANYONE FIND A VIDEO OF THE GUYS BOWING DOWN AND CHRIS POINTING AT ME AND ALL, PLEASE TELL ME..I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THAT)

Then of course, they came back for encore. They played THE SCIENTIST and LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR II. Then Chris said 'byebyebyebyebyeeeeeee'. Oh may I just point out that my friends are such sweethearts to bear with my craziness throughout the concert!! love u guys so much!!!!

Right after they went backstage, I shouted 'CAN I HAVE A SETLIST PLEASE!!!! A SETLIST!!! I WANT A SETLIST PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE' I called Matt(another roadie) and he took Johnny's setlist and passed it to the security. Everyone wanted it but the security came straight to me and said...'no, this is for HER!' hahahaha...yea i know i was special..haha.

Then I went to the loading dock again. Met Will(drummer) and he was awesomely nice. He chatted with everyone. He offered to take a picture with a guy again because the photo that he took was a bit shaky. What a sweet guy!! I asked him whether the other guys are coming out soon and he told me that Guy and Johnny has gone back but Chris will come out shortly. I was sooo excited!!

Few minutes after that, a tinted black van came out and someone was waving at us...He was wearing a checkered shirt so I knew it wont be Chris. But the other who were waiting was sure that it was Chris. I said that it was quite impossible because Chris DO NOT wear checkered shirt like that. Then I went to the lady (the same sweet security lady that told me about the boys coming in through the door) and asked him if chris is coming out soon but she told me that Chris was in that black van. I was so disappointed that I called the guy who's picking me up and told him I was ready to go home. When I was just about to step into the van, suddenly the security lady shouted 'hey young lady!!! Chris is coming out soon!!!!!! (she was so understanding and super nice, I love her). I knew I was right about Chris not wearing a checkered shirt!!!! I straightaway got out of the van, went to the man with walkie talkie and asked him if it was true and he said yes. Few moments later, OUT CAME CHRIS MARTIN, my long lost love.

His van stopped right in front of me and Kelly his bodyguard came out...I said 'Hi Kelly and he was shocked at first, but he said hello back. He opened the door for Chris, then Chris stepped out of the mpv. I lost my control for a while and shouted 'arghhhh!' with few other girls and felt embarrased after that. Kelly asked us to keep it low and Chris kind of whispered 'yeah guys..we have neighbours...' and we laughed. After Chris said hi and all, the first thing he did was he looked at my banner and said..'I REALLY LIKE THAT BANNER U MADE, AND I DID NOTICE YOUR ARM TOO' and I died for the umpteenth time. I told him we should take picture with that banner and he said yes we should, but he'll give the rest his signature first. He signed my setlist and my cd, for two times. The second time he signed it, I actually forgot that he signed mine already with his black pen, and he said 'i've signed that one..' i said 'oh yea i forgot'..and he said..'oh you want me to sign it with your silver pen do u? i'll sign it with you silver pen...' he took the pen from my hand and signed it. A girl told Chris that he's so tall, and i told her that Chris is 6 feet 2. Chris looked at me and said, 'I am 6 feet 1 actually...People have been telling me that I'm 6 feet 2 but I dont think it's true. I dont care about that shit anyway..' and I just listen to his voice talking to me like the most beautiful melody I've ever heard. And finally, I got a picture with him together with Iner. I got electric shock when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Of course, I wrapped my hands around his waist back! Haha. And yes, he smelled niceeeeeee.

So OBVIOUSLY, it was the best night of my entire life.

I got lucky from the first moment i arrived there..felt like the doors were opened for me one by one..

Sorry for this awfully long review, I just cant help myself..

For the time being i cant listen to coldplay song without tears streaming down my face...just like what happened in Iner's room just now..huhu.

And once again, thank you to all my sweethearts who were there to witness two lovers unite into one, and to all the sweethearts who werent there but were as happy for me...

i LOVE u guys.

So now if people say that dreams dont come true, I beg to differ.

http://dottydodot.blogspot.com/

Gig: Coldplay, Acer Arena, March 11 2009

Coldplay really have become the biggest band in the world. The colossal commercial success of their latest release, 2008’s Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, means they can charge $140 a ticket and still be able to sell out stadium shows with their legion of fiercely loyal followers – and that’s exactly what they’re doing this week. Returning for their first Australian visit since 2006’s Twisted Logic tour, the British supergroup are playing five packed-out shows at Sydney’s Acer Arena, beginning last night and ending on Sunday, to a 20 000 strong crowd each night.

But with growing popularity comes a wider fan base and, as last night’s show proved, Coldplay’s followers now include glitter-clad 12-year-olds pushing in front of annoyed punters in a vain attempt to find their mothers, and teenage girls chattering incessantly about all the unholy things they would do to singer Chris Martin. Irritating but not obnoxious – until the heckling began.

The support slots, filled by local post-punk group Decoder Ring and Buffalo dream-pop veterans Mercury Rev, were met with sarcastic cheers from the impatient crowd, with one particular teenage girl blocking her ears while her friend wailed “this is gross, I’m writing a letter of complaint!” Whilst Rev frontman Jonathan Donahue was admittedly quite ostentatious, it seemed that a vast majority of the audience were never willing to give him a chance anyway – and it’s a sad thing to witness when a city turns against the opportunity of discovering new music because of self-imposed walls. It’s also funny to note that Rev, formed in 1984, have been making music much longer than a lot of the haters have been alive.

Any hatred, however, instantly evaporated as soon as four shadows took to the stage, poised behind a thin veil. The crowd exploded as the band splashed into ‘Life in Technicolor’, kicking off a set that lasted close to two hours and included a steady mix of fan favourites. The stage setup was elaborately theatrical, as you’d expect a Coldplay concert to be – against a backdrop of the Viva cover, three large video balls hung (with similar balls and screens hanging from various parts of the arena roof) and a small antique television perched at the front of the stage also showed footage as it happened. The backdrop changed throughout the evening, with projection artwork, enormous video footage, dazzling block colours and a huge ‘VIVA LA VIDA’ making up just a few of its variations.

Martin, decked out in a beige shirt with a red V splattered on its front, was every bit the charismatic frontman, charmingly bantering between songs and leading the enchanted crowd in stadium sing-alongs of John Farnham’s ‘You’re The Voice’ and the Monkees’ ‘I’m A Believer’. Yellow confetti-filled balloons bounced above the audience as thousands of voices became one in singing ‘Yellow’,and the biggest cheers were saved for Viva La Vida’s chart-topping title track, with lights illuminating the packed arena. The band also regularly departed the main stage for the two side platforms, and at one point went up into the stands, amidst speechless fans, for a three-song acoustic interlude (including drummer Will Champion taking the microphone for a dulcet rendition of Coldplay b-side ‘Death Will Never Conquer’).

But whilst this variation in performance did keep things interesting, the fact that they squeezed over 20 songs into less than two hours meant that there had to be some chopping and changing. ‘God Put A Smile Upon Your Face’ and ‘Talk’ were reinvented as techno remixes, whilst ‘The Hardest Part’ and ‘Speed of Sound’ were played acoustically (on piano and guitar, respectively) – but only in part. What this meant was that those in the audience who had not been to prior Coldplay concerts were left with an incomplete rendering of some favourite tracks – the boys deserve to be commended for their initiative in crafting a show distinctly separate from the recorded experience, but it sometimes felt a little too separate.

The set’s true highlight came near the end – after the acoustic interlude, the band returned to the main stage for an absolutely gorgeous ‘Lovers in Japan’, with cherry blossom projections flashing brightly on stage whilst rainbow butterfly-shaped confetti rained down onto the eager crowd. Whilst these kinds of props can be a little naff, Coldplay pull it off – what was, for the most part, a delightful evening was topped off by an adorably sweet shower of music and colour.

When at last they reached ‘Life in Technicolor ii’ after an encore performance of ‘The Scientist’, it felt as though the band had taken all present on a musical journey as the same riff that opened the show closed it. Obnoxious 12-year-olds and weird techno remixes aside, the rabid crowd enthusiasm and almost-note-perfect set last night proved that Coldplay have cemented their place as The New U2 – arguably the world’s most recognisable and accessible band.

Except that Chris Martin isn’t as much of a douche as Bono. Yet.

http://shakespearesister.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/gig-coldplay-acer-arena-march-11-2009/

It has been about 15 hours since i came out of COLDPLAY's Viva La Vida concert in Sydney and I'm still reeling from the experience. The weirdest thing was, I almost didn't end up going. My ex-friend, who I was trying to avoid because our friendship turned out to be one of the most complicated and unnecessary experience in my life, was going to the concert. We bought the tickets months ago, before our friendship turned sour. So I was really contemplating on staying at home, instead of going to a concert of a band I hardly knew anything about. The only reason I bought the ticket was because of Viva La Vida, which is like the most amazing song I've ever heard. I don't know why....there's basically no logical explanation to it. Nevertheles, this song is magical. Whenever I'm down or upset, this song is like a 4 mns cure to any ailment. It never fails to cheer me up, ever.

Anyway, I went to the show, not expecting anything except to see and hear Viva La Vida Live. That was all I wanted. But what I got was a lot more than what I expected. I enjoyed all the songs (never happened before...) and was bouncing on my seat with every beat (that sounds scary, but it really isn't). And Chris Martin was a wonderful entertainer. He involved the audience a lot, and the band even did a 'surprise' performance amongst the audience...just so the people who bought cheaper tickets could get a closer look. Chris was hillarous and self-deprecating (must be a common trait amongst the Brits). That lucky Gwyneth!!!

I am a huge fan now (and probably for the rest of my life)...and I just bought all their four albums at one go. So far I've only listened to their latest album and am totally having a blast with it. Most of the songs from that album were played in the concert and it is a great way to re-visit the wonderful time I had. Actually, this is the first concert I where I didn't want to leave...and the one I wanted to see more than once (but I really can't afford to buy another ticket).

http://cillaben.livejournal.com/8962.html

The Ultimate Coldplay Experience. (Now my feet wont touch the ground. Ever.)

This is a review of the whole experience. Bear with me as this will be a fucking long one.

It was at 10am, on the 11th March of 2009.

We (Iner, Chong, Diana, Pohlin and moi) arrived at Acer Arena. There were 9 people lining up in front of us. When we've secured our place, I've decided to take a walk around acer arena just to find out which door would the guys come in to. I saw the loading dock and there were few roadies standing outside smoking. I waited there with Iner for few minutes. Then one army guy came and told us that the guys are coming at 2-ish pm. So i waited until 3pm but the guys still didnt come. I asked the security lady and she told me..'the guys are coming and they ARE going through this door..but u didnt hear it from me..' What a nice lady...

I waited with iner waited until 3.30 and the guys still haven't come. At some point Iner was sleeping, too tired of waiting (thanks Iner for always being there beside me). I decided to just wait until 4 then I'll go back to queue...Then there was a toyota mpv came in at 3.45pm and I saw from the driver's seat Guy Berryman(bassist-Iner's favourite) and Johnny Buckland(guitarist) sitting at the back! I was so excited and decided to go to the loading dock again after the concert.

Going into the venue was like a war. People were pushing and running! We were pushed to the back when we gathered inside acer arena. There were a bunch of girls who called their other friends to line up in front of us..I told them that was unfair and they said..'u can go and complain if u want to..' What a bunch of bitches. Then the guy that lined up in front of me suddenly pulled my hand to the front!(and yes, he's a cutie-approved by all the other four hehe) All the early comers cheered and we stayed together! Then when the security released us, everyone ran as fast as possible to get to the front..I was thinking there's no hope for me to be at the front anymore...but while I was running, I saw pohlin already standing at the barrier right in front of the stage waving to me and calling my name!! I ran to her and hugged her. Thanks poh lin honey!

Suddenly a photographer from triple M came to me to ask for a photo of me and my banner (it read 'COLDPLAY RULE AUSTRALIA'). Then few other photographers and video cameras came to ask for the same thing. After 10minutes waiting, Decoder Ring came on stage. i guess they were pretty good. But Mercury Rev was UNBEARABLE!! Ttheir songs seemed to go on for ever!!! What a torture. When the roadies(people who work on stage and backstage) were cleaning up the stage, I saw Maynard(one of the roadies-dont ask me how did i know him, but yeah i did my research!) and shouted his name. He, and few other roadies were shocked and looked at me, unsure if they heard it right. i shouted 'maynard!' again, and the roadies got excited and pointed at Maynard. The fans at our side was cheering up too, though they were not sure about what was happening. One of the roadies asked me how did I know Maynard, and I told him about roadie 42's blog on coldplay.com..hehe. My girls said that I was crazy, and I would not deny that.

After that, I was waiting for the Jay Z song. When it came out..I was shouting alone! lol! Guess other people doesnt really know that the jay-z song is the the que for Coldplay to come out next.. There was a guy breakdancing on the stage along with this song..he was good..haha.

Then finally COLDPLAY came on stage!! They were bringing a firework with them and they went around the stage with a sheer blind covering them...They played the whole LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR behind the blind..Crowd uproared and sang the 'oooooo' part together. Then the blind dropped and Coldplay continued playing the next two songs VIOLET HILL and CLOCKS. At the end of violet hill Chris sang something like 'if u're from sydney wont u let me know'...Crowd went crazy during clocks and sang along..Then it was time for IN MY PLACE which brings out excitement from the crowed more than before.

Then came in YELLOW...before yellow, Chris was mentioning about australia's got talent and how we should sing together to get to the final..lol. The yellow balloons were amazing!!!! After yellow, they played GLASS OF WATER and only me and the other guy on the front row sang along...Well, I heard that has happened before this so I was not surprised. CEMETERIES OF LONDON and 42 came in after that.

Again, people got excited when they heard FIX YOU. Everyone sang along to the song. Chris pointed the mic out to the crowed for the chorus part. After the song end, Chris said that everyone qualified to the final of australia's got talent...haha. Then he sang STRWABERRY SWING and people clapped and cheered when this song came to air.

The lights went off after strawberry swing. All the guys went to the right stage and chris sat at the piano. They played TALK (DANCE VERSION) and GOD PUT A SMILE. After that, Johnny Guy and Will went back to the center stage leaving Chris alone with his piano. Chris said that this is the time where the guys allowed him to go solo and do his thing lol. He played HARDEST PART and POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY. Those blew me away. All of you should see Chris playing the piano. Sweats were dropping like water from pipes. He even banged the chair he sat on soooo hard. I think that's why his bum is just.so.sexayyyyhhhhh!!!

I told the girls that VIVA LA VIDA will come next. And it did. Chris ran back to the center stage. Everyone jumped and went crazy during this song. Even the seating people stood up. I cant breathe when Chris laid down trying to catch his breath. I died for a while. Then he played LOST! and everyone sang along as well.

After those epic songs, it's time for the boys to run to the c-stage at the back. Guy took the water that one of the girls gave him and drank it...I think the girl nearly fainted..and Iner is a bit jealous lol. They played SPEED OF SOUND, magnificent as always. Then chris said something like because tonight is a happy night, we dont want to just play sad coldplay song. So let's just go back to the 1960's and play and enjoy a happy song. They played I'M A BELIEVER, crowed responded to the song during the 'uuuuuu' part. While singing, Chris asked the crowd, 'i'm a belie...are u in love?' Then he asked johnny, then he asked Will a few times too just to tease him lol. Chris then moved the mic stand to Will's front and I knew that it's time for DEATH WILL NEVER CONQUER. Will sang perfectly.

Then the lights went off and VIVA LA VIDA REMIX went to air. Everyone lighted up their handphones. it was magical. just magnificent.

Then i heard this powerful piano playing and I knew this is going to be POLITIK. I jumped like a crazy girl but I didnt really care. Like before, crowd jumped up and down and went all insane for this song. After that the boys played LOVERS IN JAPAN. I have to say, the butterfly confetti made everyone happy, especially the glow in the dark ones. After that beautiful song, Chris just continued playing DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS. This is when I knew that it's going to be their last song. I was a bit sad as it felt too short. The guys then took their last bow..this is when my friend and I shouted 'happy belated birthday chris!!!!!' and I showed my board with 'HAPPY BELATED CHRIS' written on it. Chris looked at us and said thank you. Then, *clears throat* he pointed at me and pointed at his arm...because I have the colour stripes on my arms too!!!!!!!!! I was just about to faint when my friend hugged me! lol. (IF ANYONE FIND A VIDEO OF THE GUYS BOWING DOWN AND CHRIS POINTING AT ME AND ALL, PLEASE TELL ME..I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THAT)

Then of course, they came back for encore. They played THE SCIENTIST and LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR II. Then Chris said 'byebyebyebyebyeeeeeee'. Oh may I just point out that my friends are such sweethearts to bear with my craziness throughout the concert!! love u guys so much!!!!

Right after they went backstage, I shouted 'CAN I HAVE A SETLIST PLEASE!!!! A SETLIST!!! I WANT A SETLIST PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE' I called Matt(another roadie) and he took Johnny's setlist and passed it to the security. Everyone wanted it but the security came straight to me and said...'no, this is for HER!' hahahaha...yea i know i was special..haha.

Then I went to the loading dock again. Met Will(drummer) and he was awesomely nice. He chatted with everyone. He offered to take a picture with a guy again because the photo that he took was a bit shaky. What a sweet guy!! I asked him whether the other guys are coming out soon and he told me that Guy and Johnny has gone back but Chris will come out shortly. I was sooo excited!!

Few minutes after that, a tinted black van came out and someone was waving at us...He was wearing a checkered shirt so I knew it wont be Chris. But the other who were waiting was sure that it was Chris. I said that it was quite impossible because Chris DO NOT wear checkered shirt like that. Then I went to the lady (the same sweet security lady that told me about the boys coming in through the door) and asked him if chris is coming out soon but she told me that Chris was in that black van. I was so disappointed that I called the guy who's picking me up and told him I was ready to go home. When I was just about to step into the van, suddenly the security lady shouted 'hey young lady!!! Chris is coming out soon!!!!!! (she was so understanding and super nice, I love her). I knew I was right about Chris not wearing a checkered shirt!!!! I straightaway got out of the van, went to the man with walkie talkie and asked him if it was true and he said yes. Few moments later, OUT CAME CHRIS MARTIN, my long lost love.

His van stopped right in front of me and Kelly his bodyguard came out...I said 'Hi Kelly and he was shocked at first, but he said hello back. He opened the door for Chris, then Chris stepped out of the mpv. I lost my control for a while and shouted 'arghhhh!' with few other girls and felt embarrased after that. Kelly asked us to keep it low and Chris kind of whispered 'yeah guys..we have neighbours...' and we laughed. After Chris said hi and all, the first thing he did was he looked at my banner and said..'I REALLY LIKE THAT BANNER U MADE, AND I DID NOTICE YOUR ARM TOO' and I died for the umpteenth time. I told him we should take picture with that banner and he said yes we should, but he'll give the rest his signature first. He signed my setlist and my cd, for two times. The second time he signed it, I actually forgot that he signed mine already with his black pen, and he said 'i've signed that one..' i said 'oh yea i forgot'..and he said..'oh you want me to sign it with your silver pen do u? i'll sign it with you silver pen...' he took the pen from my hand and signed it. A girl told Chris that he's so tall, and i told her that Chris is 6 feet 2. Chris looked at me and said, 'I am 6 feet 1 actually...People have been telling me that I'm 6 feet 2 but I dont think it's true. I dont care about that shit anyway..' and I just listen to his voice talking to me like the most beautiful melody I've ever heard. And finally, I got a picture with him together with Iner. I got electric shock when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Of course, I wrapped my hands around his waist back! Haha. And yes, he smelled niceeeeeee.

So OBVIOUSLY, it was the best night of my entire life.

I got lucky from the first moment i arrived there..felt like the doors were opened for me one by one..

Sorry for this awfully long review, I just cant help myself..

For the time being i cant listen to coldplay song without tears streaming down my face...just like what happened in Iner's room just now..huhu.

And once again, thank you to all my sweethearts who were there to witness two lovers unite into one, and to all the sweethearts who werent there but were as happy for me...

i LOVE u guys.

So now if people say that dreams dont come true, I beg to differ.

http://dottydodot.blogspot.com/

that is actually my blog...and the review has been posted..i just editted few parts because it's for my friends to read.. :P

i want to share with you guys a video i put together, of several parts of the march 11 concert.

attending that concert was really a dream come true for me, i never thought i would ever get the chance to see coldplay live. i was so happy i cried :)

hope you enjoy the vid. :)

http://headoverfeet.multiply.com/video/item/39/COLDPLAY_live_at_Acer_Arena_Sydney

Please forgive me again for my incohesiveness after a gig.

I was sitting this time, on Jonny's side :P I was at the end of the ramp so I had a good view of him during IMP. He saw my banner again, and gave me a smile :heart: The concert was great, they played GOW and I'm a Believer, the energy was amazing!!! :D

I got told off by the people behind to sit down because I got excited and started dancing :rolleyes: I was kinda disappointed that I was probably the only person in my block singing GOW.

And something else really FAIL. I was in the queue for the merch and there was this girl behind me who told her friend, 'I really like the blue butterfly tee, but butterflies have NOTHING to do with Coldplay!'

*facepalm*

AWESOME! He remembers you! He remembers you! SQUEEEEEEE! :dance:

And we met Will and Chris :dead:

We were waiting outside the loading bay trying our luck. Will came out in a van and was very patient and gracious :heart: He told us both Guy and Jonny had left before him, but Chris was still around. So we waited... and waited...

Then this van with tinted windows came out. It didn't stop, although the person inside was waving at us. Some of us thought it was Chris, but the others weren't convinced, so we continued waiting until this nice security guard informed us that Chris was INDEED coming out, although we were to wait quietly and not mob his car.

So we stood at a respectful distance before Kelly came out and opened the door for Chris. He signed everything we threw at him :laugh3:, and took a couple of pictures.

My hands are still shaking.

OMG Min, I'm SO happy for you! I knew you would score something great! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now come on Jonny! We are all waiting for you to take a pic with Min!

ok so now....the review.

edit:

chrisloveforever.jpg

*the guy taking our picture did not take the whole banner...but i'm still loving this photo regardless

Oh WOW! That is such an awesome story! Weeee! I felt like I was there! Thanks for the pic and your detailed review! Are you still shaking from it all? :lol:

I can't watch it! I just watched the start where the guy finishes the ballet and the lights go out and I started crying cause I remember how awesome I felt!! I'm such an idiot, but I'm sad it's over.

Don't feel bad, you are not an idiot. I'm very sad at the end of shows. And I cry when I think about Coldplay sometimes! :hug:

Oh and P.S.- I love the pic of you and Jonny in your avatar! :blush: :heart:

your review is incredible.Im getting goosebumps looking at the pic of you and Chris...

i actually took my time writing the review..

Oh WOW! That is such an awesome story! Weeee! I felt like I was there! Thanks for the pic and your detailed review! Are you still shaking from it all? :lol:

IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE!!!

and yes, i'm still shaking..

i met my friends during lecture today and they asked me about me meeting chris..

while telling the story, my tears came out! again!

i cant even listen to a coldplay song without crying now! i'm soooooooo happy!!!!!

YouTube - Coldplay Concert 11th March 2009, Sydney, Australia - I'm a Believer[/url]

hey svenky thanks for the videos!

i have a request, can u look for the video of the guys playing death and all his friends and the guys taking their bow together?

i will appreciate it if u can... :kiss:

AWESOME! He remembers you! He remembers you! SQUEEEEEEE! :dance:

I hope he does, I really do :thinking: Maybe he'll think I'm a creepy stalker girl though :P

OMG Min, I'm SO happy for you! I knew you would score something great! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now come on Jonny! We are all waiting for you to take a pic with Min!

:kiss:

I cannot imagine actually meeting Jonny, I might actually faint if he steps out of a car :embarassed:

i want to share with you guys a video i put together, of several parts of the march 11 concert.

attending that concert was really a dream come true for me, i never thought i would ever get the chance to see coldplay live. i was so happy i cried :)

hope you enjoy the vid. :)

http://headoverfeet.multiply.com/video/item/39/COLDPLAY_live_at_Acer_Arena_Sydney

Thank you so much!!

I had goosebumps while watching your video!

Thank you so much!!

I had goosebumps while watching your video!

You're welcome! I still watch it several times a day, and I still can't function properly because I keep thinking about that fantastic concert!

On a side note, can anyone mention if they ran into any members of the band in Sydney Friday night? I assumed they might have checked out a pub or two :)

You're welcome! I still watch it several times a day, and I still can't function properly because I keep thinking about that fantastic concert!

hey operange, do u happen to have a video at the end of death and all his friends when the boys bowed down?

thanks ;)