✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

3-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks!

much appreciation to you for posting the playlist! it's fun to try to track from show to show what stays the same and what doesn't--what seemed the thing to play at the time, and what didn't. i'm sorry if this is a typical question, i'm new here. do you know if anyone hereabouts ever plays one of those prediction games, where you try to guess for example, what the encore songs will be, or how many times during a tour certain songs will be played and such? thank you!

Hey,

Just woke up and to tell you the truth, it doesn't feel like last night happened - from the gig or to what transpired after! It was a long day of lining up with a perfect ending!

I will respect the privacy of the band with regard to where they are staying or how I came to have a couple of seperate long chats with them - I honestly don't know where to begin; my conversations with Phil and Guy only barely touched Coldplay, it was fairly relaxed, talking about everyday stuff, whilst smoking a few cigarettes. The crew were having a mini party but the band didn't seem as if they were attending.

FYI, the band, Phil, Kelly and Miller (all of whom I crossed paths at some stage) aren't staying in the same hotel as the rest of the crew, which is fairly in line with what R42 says in his blogs - just find it quite intriguing that Miller, but not the majority of the crew/roadies, is staying with the band.

Anyway, still ridiculously tired and got to get ready for work!

Hey,

Just woke up and to tell you the truth, it doesn't feel like last night happened - from the gig or to what transpired after! It was a long day of lining up with a perfect ending!

I will respect the privacy of the band with regard to where they are staying or how I came to have a couple of seperate long chats with them - I honestly don't know where to begin; my conversations with Phil and Guy only barely touched Coldplay, it was fairly relaxed, talking about everyday stuff, whilst smoking a few cigarettes. The crew were having a mini party but the band didn't seem as if they were attending.

FYI, the band, Phil, Kelly and Miller (all of whom I crossed paths at some stage) aren't staying in the same hotel as the rest of the crew, which is fairly in line with what R42 says in his blogs - just find it quite intriguing that Miller, but not the majority of the crew/roadies, is staying with the band.

Anyway, still ridiculously tired and got to get ready for work!

Fair enough, but was it where we attempted or not? I waited for two hours you know, I didn't do it for zilchies :P

Second support band?

OK, the first warm up band was Decoder Ring.

They're OK, but can anyone tell me the name of the second act?

I really want to know, just so that I don't accidently ever go and see them again.... :(

OK, the first warm up band was Decoder Ring.

They're OK, but can anyone tell me the name of the second act?

I really want to know, just so that I don't accidently ever go and see them again.... :(

Mercury Rev! ahaha don't be mean!

Really?Where did you hear that?:\

People next to me at the Melbourne concert (who had met Guy before as well) said they were snapping away when they were at the Perth gig and they reckon the flash started to piss him off because they were standing right in front of him!

Sorry, someone asked this a couple of pages back -- no, there was no mention of Chris' birthday. One side of my banner did say, however, "Happy Birthday, Chris". I didn't have it up for long, though -- audiences members complained it was in the way.

Josh, that is really great. And I completely respect your desire to keep the name of the hotel private. Even if the lack of knowledge kills me slighty.

One side of my banner said 'Happy Birthday Chris' -- then I got told by other audience members that it was in the way... :(

Golly, if you only arrived in time to hear the end Mercury Rev you must have worked hard to get down the front of the GA crowd, 'cos off to the side of the stage we could see and read your banner very well.

Josh I certainly wouldn't have picked that second band as Mercury Rev, the psychedelic band from the 80s/90s, but then again there are only two of the original members left. I thought their performance last night was pretty poor as all the numbers sounded similar and rather bland. Not a good choice to front Coldplay IMO.