June 20, 200917 yr Hi, im still very new to coldplaying but i love coldplay to death! I am incredibley fortunate to be going to Wembley on 19th and i cannot wait! Can i ask that to this meet-up, would anyone at all, ( including me :) ) be invited and if so where and when are the majority of us meeting up, also how would we recognise each other??? I am guessing by wearing the beautiful t-shirts, and a massive cheesy grin! thanks ppl. -
June 20, 200917 yr Author Hi, im still very new to coldplaying but i love coldplay to death! I am incredibley fortunate to be going to Wembley on 19th and i cannot wait! Can i ask that to this meet-up, would anyone at all, ( including me :) ) be invited and if so where and when are the majority of us meeting up, also how would we recognise each other??? I am guessing by wearing the beautiful t-shirts, and a massive cheesy grin! thanks ppl. - I think the plan is to meet up in the queues. we'll have a better idea once we know our entry points.
June 20, 200917 yr I think the plan is to meet up in the queues. we'll have a better idea once we know our entry points. Oh yeh, so our entry points will be on the tickets right, has anyone recieved there tics yet??? And i suppose itll be a lucky draw as to who gets let in first for standing like me, as i would imagine they wont let everyone in at the exact same second for safety, people like me just sprinting flat out towards the rails at front! So are people gonna purchase and wear their t's to the gig? I no I will be.
June 20, 200917 yr Author Oh yeh, so our entry points will be on the tickets right, has anyone recieved there tics yet??? And i suppose itll be a lucky draw as to who gets let in first for standing like me, as i would imagine they wont let everyone in at the exact same second for safety, people like me just sprinting flat out towards the rails at front! So are people gonna purchase and wear their t's to the gig? I no I will be. if you're going to be staying over in a hotel, you could arrange to meet up with people staying at the same place. and the idea of the t-shirts is indeed to wear them to the gig. we hope to get as many as possible clumped together, or a complete front row spread, to make them stand out all the more
June 20, 200917 yr Oh yeh, so our entry points will be on the tickets right, has anyone recieved there tics yet??? And i suppose itll be a lucky draw as to who gets let in first for standing like me, as i would imagine they wont let everyone in at the exact same second for safety, people like me just sprinting flat out towards the rails at front! So are people gonna purchase and wear their t's to the gig? I no I will be. Well the tickets might arrive only a week or so before the gig... and sprinting might not be allowed due to safety reasons and the security might stop you if they are strict at enforcing that. Some of us have bought our shirts already :D
June 20, 200917 yr I am definately staying over but i have not booked yet, i hope i am not leaving the hotel booking too late. It will be insanely beautiful to have a massive ammount of us out there in the same shirts. Would you have any reccomendations on a good hotel to stay at, i am getting the train to wembley stadium station btw.
June 20, 200917 yr Author not sure which hotels have rooms left. I know the travelodge is sold out. the Ibis website suggest they're full on the 18th & 19th. Premier Inn is down to its last few rooms on the 19th. £130 per night. Park Royal Travelodge only has family rooms left. £75 per night. ( would need to get tube to Wembley, but is pretty straightforward. we stayed there when we went to Wembley for the football) Hilton @ Wembley Park only has twin rooms left, and the price is now £186 per night.
June 20, 200917 yr Thank you so much for that, has helped me a lot. The travelodge park royal is apparently only 1.9 miles from wembley. Do you think a cab would be very expensive for that sort of distance? This is my first time to london or wembley and I dont really know too much about public transport, do you know when the tube stops running as the gig will probably be going on pretty late i think. Again thanks for you help.
June 20, 200917 yr just booked a double disabled room for me and my dad. dont think there is alot left... fell a bit guilty for taking a disabled room, but desperate times call for desperate measures. ill just my dad walk with a limp or something. mind you, we will probably legless after the gig so they cant moan ;)
June 20, 200917 yr Thank you so much for that, has helped me a lot. The travelodge park royal is apparently only 1.9 miles from wembley. Do you think a cab would be very expensive for that sort of distance? This is my first time to london or wembley and I dont really know too much about public transport, do you know when the tube stops running as the gig will probably be going on pretty late i think. Again thanks for you help.After the gig, you will be able to crawl that far on your hands and knees faster than a cab will be able to drive. :D
June 20, 200917 yr is that the one on the corner opposite Buck Palace? coz that's a nice park, and has Starbucks just nearby :D Trust Jen to know where the nearest Starbucks is :P
June 20, 200917 yr Thank you so much for that, has helped me a lot. The travelodge park royal is apparently only 1.9 miles from wembley. Do you think a cab would be very expensive for that sort of distance? This is my first time to london or wembley and I dont really know too much about public transport, do you know when the tube stops running as the gig will probably be going on pretty late i think. Again thanks for you help. It will prob be quicker to walk.
June 20, 200917 yr Trust Jen to know where the nearest Starbucks is :P i'll be right behind jen for 3 days straight :P
June 21, 200917 yr Afterparty in the premier inn! lol I very much doubt it. These places have very strict "no noise" policies.:dozey:
June 21, 200917 yr Author Trust Jen to know where the nearest Starbucks is :P :D the only reason I know is coz I stumbled across it whilst hungry for lunch having walked through the park. and when you're hungry, a new york steak & cheese pannini is very difficult to resist :p
June 23, 200917 yr I very much doubt it. These places have very strict "no noise" policies.:dozey: But the bar is usually open late......... :D
June 24, 200917 yr Problems! I ordered 2 tickets on the Gigs and Tours website on the day the tickets went on sale. Got an confirmation email and the money was booked from my credit card. Just wanted to trace my order, it says it didn't exist. No valid ref.number. I called Seetickets to ask what happend. They say they can't find any orders placed by me. We tried to trace them by credit card number, name, referencenumber, etc. No order found. I'm rather freaking out! I already booked an hotel from 17th till 21st and planetickets! (We're from the Netherlands by the way) What should I do?! Help? -edit- already sorted out! Still going the 19th!
June 24, 200917 yr :thinking:wow- sorry to hear this for you....have you contacted your credit card company? Won`t they have some record of the transaction? Good luck !
June 24, 200917 yr Author Problems! I ordered 2 tickets on the Gigs and Tours website on the day the tickets went on sale. Got an confirmation email and the money was booked from my credit card. Just wanted to trace my order, it says it didn't exist. No valid ref.number. I called Seetickets to ask what happend. They say they can't find any orders placed by me. We tried to trace them by credit card number, name, referencenumber, etc. No order found. I'm rather freaking out! I already booked an hotel from 17th till 21st and planetickets! (We're from the Netherlands by the way) What should I do?! Help? When you say you have a confirmation email, do you mean the first email they send out or the second? The first looks like this (gigsandtours & seetickets are the same company) Subject: See Tickets - order details Dear Mrs Betley , Please find details of your current orders listed below Ref: ******** - 2 tickets for Coldplay at Manchester Evening News Arena on Friday 12th December 2008 Best Regards, See Tickets. The second is the actual confirmation that the booking has gone through: Subject: Ticket Order Confirmation ******** Dear MRS BETLEY, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY You have booked to attend COLDPLAY at Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester on FRIDAY 12/12/2008 at 19.30 You have ordered the following tickets Reference ******** - 2 SEATS at # 46.75 Plus a Transaction fee of # 2.00 Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us. You have been charged # 95.50 and this will appear on your statement as 'EVENT TICKETS' To check the status of your order go to http://www.seetickets.com/tracker This order is subject to See Tickets getting authorisation from your card issuer for the funds requested, and the terms and conditions which can be viewed here http://www.seetickets.com/terms Best regards SEE Tickets http://www.seetickets.com
June 26, 200917 yr How many people think this show will be recorded for DVD release? if it is, definatley see Jay z joining coldplay for Lost+
June 26, 200917 yr Problems! I ordered 2 tickets on the Gigs and Tours website on the day the tickets went on sale. Got an confirmation email and the money was booked from my credit card. Just wanted to trace my order, it says it didn't exist. No valid ref.number. I called Seetickets to ask what happend. They say they can't find any orders placed by me. We tried to trace them by credit card number, name, referencenumber, etc. No order found. I'm rather freaking out! I already booked an hotel from 17th till 21st and planetickets! (We're from the Netherlands by the way) What should I do?! Help? do you still have the credit card statement with the actual amount being charged to your credit card for the tickets? i'm sure that's a pretty good proof that a transaction did happen. gives you something to go with - i mean, if they've charged your card for the tickets, then i'd think they are obligated to do something more than saying there's no order found as money has changed hands. personally, i only took it as a reality that i have really successfully bought my ticket when i saw the charge on my credit card statement. even tho Ticketmaster did send an email confirmation 1st. How many people think this show will be recorded for DVD release? if it is, definatley see Jay z joining coldplay for Lost+ to be honest, i think Jay-Z'll join in for Lost+ regardless of whether this gig's recorded for a DVD release or not. i'd think that Beyonce also joining in would be a bigger thing for a DVD special footage...but then, feel free to poo poo that last comment - i'm just dreaming up nonsense. again. :dozey:
Create an account or sign in to comment