August 10, 201016 yr i ordered the book, and im expecting it in like 2-3 days. im super excited.:dunce2:
August 10, 201016 yr i ordered the book, and im expecting it in like 2-3 days. im super excited.:dunce2:Welcome to coldplaying! :nice: Your first post took you a while, huh? :) I'm sure you'll love the book!
August 14, 201016 yr I was reading by the pool yesterday since it was a bit cooler and bearable. I got up to page 38.. arrgh, i'm such a slow reader! :shame: I just haven't found time to sit down and read... oh well, I'll get through eventually. I guess this way I get to savour each page I do read, lol!
August 15, 201016 yr After months and months of waiting I finally decided to order a copy over the internet. Now just have to wait 10-15 working days! :dance:
August 20, 201016 yr Well,i ended reading the book. Its just Great :clap: ,awesome ending. ps: Jonny forgot to say Happy Bday to Matt the wembley day? :lol:
September 21, 201016 yr Hello folks,is it possible to find this book in London bookshops? If so,where? Thanks!
September 21, 201016 yr Almost every high street bookshop in London should have it, just check the music section!
September 23, 201016 yr I finished it a week ago. It was good, but I wanted more Jonny info! :whip: Did anyone else struggle thru the 'Brit-slang'? I found it a bit hard to decipher at times, and I have British relatives! :confused:
September 24, 201016 yr I bought this book off Amazon...I was SO excited to get it. Ill be honest and say I found it very poorly written and a little boring. He inserts dozens of swearwords when he hasnt anything of substance to say, IMO. A shame...it could have been awesome.
October 5, 201016 yr I bought this book off Amazon...I was SO excited to get it. Ill be honest and say I found it very poorly written and a little boring. He inserts dozens of swearwords when he hasnt anything of substance to say, IMO. A shame...it could have been awesome. Excuse me, but what planet do you come from? This book rules!
November 5, 201114 yr Hi folks! I haven't read this book yet, but I'm looking forward to! I've been writing an anonymous blog, thought you might like to check: http://backstagelife.blogspot.com/ Hope you enjoy it!
November 5, 201114 yr Hi folks! I haven't read this book yet, but I'm looking forward to! I've been writing an anonymous blog, thought you might like to check: http://backstagelife.blogspot.com/ Hope you enjoy it! "Hey quite interesting as I quoted some of the things you do, is what I am doing as well, but I am not a tour manager, nor, do I wanna be one:cool:" "Basically my job was to fulfill backstage riders, and host artist crew in the venue. When artist crew arrived, I met them in the venue, arranged merchandising, meet&greet, helped them in all kinds of situations, in all their last minute requests." :)This is what I did in the 80's for Tom Petty, Flock of Seaguls, Steve Miller Band, and a few others, I just started doing this again a couple times a month and worked for LeeAnn Womack, The Oak Ridge Boy's and Dave Mason, it's great fun, but hard work trying to accomodate every last request the artist's have.
May 19, 201214 yr Just got this book off of Amazon and it's quite exciting to see behind the scenes from a roadie's perspective. Especially since I play guitar and have been for almost a decade. Even though we think of it as something glamorous, it is often much less than that. I have to be honest and say I didn't expect this much alcohol to be involved in the whole story :D Maybe from a band like Metallica but not CP. Also, it is kind of tough to read if you're not acquainted with British slang and humor :laugh3: All in all, very cool!
May 20, 201214 yr I agree. I've read it, and it's a really entertaining and interesting read! He has some really great stories.
May 20, 201214 yr After devouring Look At The Stars by Phil O'Brien in 1 1/2 days, Roadie is a very slow read for me. I can only read a couple of pages per day. Still very informative and funny at times though. I'm only halfway through. PS. Do we have a thread for Look At The Stars?
February 22, 201313 yr I was thinking about picking this book up and found it cheapest at this all Coldplay store. http://coldplay.marshalloutdoors.com/shop.php?c=3954&n=1000&i=B00B1L6TXE&x=Roadie_My_Life_on_the_Road_with_Coldplay Figured I would share this price in case anyone else is looking to pick a copy up.
February 23, 201313 yr Just started reading it after ordering my copy ages ago. I'm halfway through now. It's a good read but some of the chapters are quite long.
Create an account or sign in to comment