July 6, 201214 yr Yay, Roger won :awesome: I hope he wins, so he can be number 1 again :awesome::dance:
July 6, 201214 yr What Andy's done has been no easy feat, Tsonga's a hell of a player, but particular well done to Roger, I still don't think he's past his best (As it was looking with the rise of Rafa and Djokovic) at age 30 and this will boost him. I think he should win, but if Andy pulls it off it will be even more incredible.
July 7, 201214 yr Yay, Roger won :awesome: I hope he wins, so he can be number 1 again :awesome::dance: No, Andy must win his 1st Grand Slam title. And how neat for it to happen in his home country. Please, please let it be Andy. He's too good a player not to have won a Grand Slam by now.
July 7, 201214 yr First things first, Serana is pulling a double duty today, playing both singles and doubles finals. Let's go do it champ!
July 7, 201214 yr No, Andy must win his 1st Grand Slam title. And how neat for it to happen in his home country. Please, please let it be Andy. He's too good a player not to have won a Grand Slam by now. No :snobby: Wimbledon is Roger's garden :snobby:
July 7, 201214 yr Come on Andy. Let's see the whole of Britain behind him! The guy can do it. It will be tough but he can do it!
July 8, 201214 yr C'MON ROGER! GO FO R IT! :fingers crossed and everything: :shouting C MON ROGER in front of my laptop:
July 8, 201214 yr At least a Brit has already won a title at Wimbledon this year. Jonathan Marray in the men's doubles. :P Allez Roger!!!
July 8, 201214 yr Fed just took the 2nd set out of nowhere, roof closing now might be advantage Federer.
July 8, 201214 yr Federer just played the most amazing rally to break, 3-2, in the 4th set and now 2-1 up in sets. Murray's beginning to look lost, I can't see him coming back.
July 8, 201214 yr That's it. I remember someone saying in this thread that Murray is just good enough that he should have a Grand Slam, and that would be correct 5 or 10 years ago, or even 5 years in the future, but right now we have 3 of the best champions of all time playing, both in play and the numbers of titles they're winning, and he can't compete. He would have had to play at his very top level to be able to win today, but even in saying that, I don't think Roger even played at his best, he did at times, but he's lost finals and even semi-finals to Novak and Rafa when he's been forced to play much better throughout. I have to say, with both Djokovic and Nadal having a rare 1 match blip in form, this may have been Andy's best chance to win a Grand Slam, nevermind Wimbledon, for at least a few years. Great to see Federer win his 7th, incredible.
July 8, 201214 yr That's it. I remember someone saying in this thread that Murray is just good enough that he should have a Grand Slam, and that would be correct 5 or 10 years ago, or even 5 years in the future, but right now we have 3 of the best champions of all time playing, both in play and the numbers of titles they're winning, and he can't compete. He would have had to play at his very top level to be able to win today, but even in saying that, I don't think Roger even played at his best, he did at times, but he's lost finals and even semi-finals to Novak and Rafa when he's been forced to play much better throughout. I have to say, with both Djokovic and Nadal having a rare 1 match blip in form, this may have been Andy's best chance to win a Grand Slam, nevermind Wimbledon, for at least a few years. Great to see Federer win his 7th, incredible. I don't think so. If Murray can play like he did in this tournament with that aggression then he can definitely win a Grand Slam. I think Roger was just incredible in his attacking tennis today and no one could have faced that aggression from him today. He was superb this last week and was back to his best. And Murray's tearful speech at the end did more to endear him to the British public and the world than anything he has ever done. Some may see him as dull and dour but he showed in those few minutes just how much he cares. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. He was unlucky to come up against the greatest today.
July 8, 201214 yr I am so pleased he got beat the spoilt brat How very classy. Revelling in the failures of others.
July 8, 201214 yr Gotta feel sad for Murray but Federer just stepped it up a notch after getting the 2nd set, well deserved winner very happy for him. The twins were adorable at the end clapping for their father.
July 8, 201214 yr Gotta feel sad for Murray but Federer just stepped it up a notch after getting the 2nd set, well deserved winner very happy for him. The twins were adorable at the end clapping for their father. My feelings exactly...:smug:
Create an account or sign in to comment