The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. His playing style is far too "brutish".:dozey:

Fed, on the other hand, is poetry in motion.:D

Federer is a bore. You might as well be playing against a Nazi computer.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Nadal) beat him again in the final. :D

Federer is a bore. You might as well be playing against a Nazi computer.

You obviously don't understand tennis. Federer is the most skilful player ever. He has every shot in the book and makes most other players look ordinary.

Nadal is admittedly great too, but the way he plays he'll have burned himself out in a few years as he's far too intense.;)

That's basically what happened to Lleyton "Blew It" Hewitt.;)

You obviously don't understand tennis. Federer is the most skilful player ever. He has every shot in the book and makes most other players look ordinary.

Nadal is admittedly great too, but the way he plays he'll have burned himself out in a few years as he's far too intense.;)

That's basically what happened to Lleyton "Blew It" Hewitt.;)

I understand tennis. I'm just bored with watching Federer. He doesn't really have a "style" like other players do. I might as well watch Pong.

Although I do enjoy seeing him get frustrated. For me, tennis is about the human element - something you don't often see from Federer, who was undoubtedly a straight-A student. Plus he looks like his mother dressed him to go on the court, "Now honey, I want you to finish up this match before 1:00 and when you get back there's a ham & cheese sandwich waiting for you next to your algebra textbook. Also, don't forget to study your vocabulary."

Make fun as I might, Federer is truly one of the most amazing players to watch because every stroke looks absolutely effortless. No other player can cover ground as seamlessly and gracefully as federer, much less place the ball as well. Problem is he's too good. He has a better win record in majors than Tiger Woods. We're so used to seeing him win, that we get bored as :censored: !!!

And no one voted for Davydenko :rolleyes:

I think it's sad that people support players because of the rankings..

I'm not pointing anyone, but it's always the same, let's pretend for a moment that the next year "A" dude is world no. 1, then, everyone supports the dude. He messes up, and then "B" dude is no. 1 and then everyone loves him.

That's sad.. very sad.

You can see that with Jankovic u_u

Federer is just amazing. No one can deny that.

Yes. The reason why the Aussie fans love him so much is because he's a joy to watch every time he plays, whether he wins or loses.

Plus any player who beats him has to play out of their skin, so you know that whenever Fed does lose a "big" match, the match itself has to have been something special (even usually when Nadal beats him).

Players like Djoko and Tsonga come along and cause upsets from time to time, but they can't keep it going tournament after tournament as Fed and Nadal can.

That's why when it comes to the majors, the two of them are still pretty much untouchable.

Any other player who wants to win one of the big tournaments knows he will more than likely have to beat both Fed and Nadal to do so, and to do that you have to be virtually superhuman.

Even when Fed and Nadal have "off" days they can still usually beat 80% of the rest.;)

Fed, on the other hand, is poetry in motion.:D

:lol: totally agree. yes he is.

wow, nadal vs verdasco was such a great match. set 3,4 and 5 were poetry in motion too! ;)

verdasco would have deserved the entry of the final on sunday.

he fought very hard! that were amazing 5 hours!

193 : 192 points.... but no nice end. hard to loose with a double fault i think.

:lol: totally agree. yes he is.

wow, nadal vs verdasco was such a great match. set 3,4 and 5 were poetry in motion too! ;)

verdasco would have deserved the entry of the final on sunday.

he fought very hard! that were amazing 5 hours! 193 : 192 points....

Fed is now going to have a big advantage in the final though, as Nad is going to be hurting after that marathon!!:stunned:

And the Williams sisters won the 'women' doubles title. :angry: I wanted Hantuchova-Sugiyama to win :bigcry:

And no one voted for Davydenko :rolleyes:

Davydenko was injured and didn't play. :D

What a great game Verdasco-Nadal!!!!! :clap:

Verdasco is doing really good, fantastic!!!

:clap: Bravo Fernando!!!!!

Fed is now going to have a big advantage in the final though, as Nad is going to be hurting after that marathon!!:stunned:

Definitely :D :dance: :dance: :dance