🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, roddick's still hangin' in there

How much longer you expect he'll stay around?

I read he's got a new coach, so maybe he learned a few new tricks. But so far he's doing great, winning most sets pretty handily. I think Roddick's problem is when he's playing at the top, he sort of gets psyched out and makes dumb mistakes. The result is the game ends up lasting 5 hours and he's exhausted by the end because he weighs 190 while the other player is more sprightly. Like Kung Fu Panda.

She complained about having to play on one of the outside courts.:dozey:

Ah? Really? :sick: Whatever, I still like her :D

well, roddick's still hangin' in there :P

How much longer you expect he'll stay around?

He's going to lose. He'll meet Djoko in QF. ;)

I read he's got a new coach, so maybe he learned a few new tricks. But so far he's doing great, winning most sets pretty handily. I think Roddick's problem is when he's playing at the top, he sort of gets psyched out and makes dumb mistakes. The result is the game ends up lasting 5 hours and he's exhausted by the end because he weighs 190 while the other player is more sprightly. Like Kung Fu Panda.

Whatever happens, he just doesn't have the skills to trouble the big four. Murray even outserved him the last time they played.:smug:

Eh, darn it. Federer clawed his way back out of the hole. He always manages some miraculous comeback and it's mostly fueled by the roar of a crowd that recognizes him from the Gillette commercials coupled with the injury his opponent sustained in a prior match. :rolleyes:

me too :angry:

Yeah long live Gonzo :D I hope Gonzo can blow him out :dance:

Eh, darn it. Federer clawed his way back out of the hole. He always manages some miraculous comeback and it's mostly fueled by the roar of a crowd that recognizes him from the Gillette commercials coupled with the injury his opponent sustained in a prior match. :rolleyes:

Whatever :P Fed won :dance:

I don't mind. You can hate him or anyone else or even his girlfriend..! I just want you to know, I HATE NADAL. That's all :P

He reminds me of a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Partly because of his first name, and partly because of his oversized muscles and his dorky headband. But I don't hate him, I'm sort of neutral on him.

shut up!

It's true - and she got a lot of bad press in Britain because of it as they said she was being a bit of a "prima donna".;)

Although willing to give credit to her opponent, Jankovic felt less generous towards the Wimbledon authorities. Court No18 is one of the show courts, but she felt that as the second seed she deserved something better _ and was also unhappy about being involved in the first match on.

"For a No2 seed to play on Court 18 is, for my opinion, not really normal. But what can you do? The scheduling was not made in a good way. It was not right. I think the defending champion should always play on the top courts, because she won and she deserves to play there.

"I also think No1 and 2 seeds should always be on these top show courts. I don't know what they are doing to put Venus on No2 and I'm on No18, especially having an injury and asking for a favour to play a little bit later in the day. They didn't do it. So it was quite hard. I was almost playing in the parking lot. I almost needed a helicopter to go to my court."