🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular yes, the best? i don't think so

I agree with the Federer-Nadal rivalry being the most popular, in all tennis is more popular now than it has ever been. I think that those two as men really add to this fact, they both have foundations and do charity work and are great role models, not only in the sporting world.

As to whether it is the best, well its the best rivalry I have witnessed, I wasnt around to see the Borg-McEnroe rivalry or any of the other greats, but from what I have heard the Roger-Rafa rivalry is right up there. :)

*escaping from coldplay, grammys, postcards etc*

tsonga_joburg7.jpg

Top seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga defeated first-time finalist Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 7-6(5) in an all-French final at the SA Tennis Open on Sunday to win his third ATP World Tour title. Courtesy of winning the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in Johannesburg, Tsonga collects 250 South African Airways 2009 ATP Ranking points and $79,000.

Chardy was amazing! :nice:

I got tickets to this years Wimbledon! I recieved the letter this morning and I went CRAZY, Im glad my parents were out otherwise they may have thought I had mental problems!! This is the first time Ive entered the ballot, and I thought it was near impossible that I would win tickets, I read the chances were about 1/5.

But anyway, when I opened my post this morning there was the letter telling me I had 2 Centre Court tickets for Wednesday 24th June. Its the first Wednesday so it should be 2nd round matches, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Federer match in there somewhere! Ill settle for Nadal or Murray though.

Looking forward to this very much, especially as the weather wont matter with the new roof in place. Any one else got tickets to either Wimbledon or any other upcoming tournaments?

Im also hoping to get tickets to the ATP World Tour Finals at the 02 in November. :D

I got tickets to this years Wimbledon! I recieved the letter this morning and I went CRAZY, Im glad my parents were out otherwise they may have thought I had mental problems!! This is the first time Ive entered the ballot, and I thought it was near impossible that I would win tickets, I read the chances were about 1/5.

But anyway, when I opened my post this morning there was the letter telling me I had 2 Centre Court tickets for Wednesday 24th June. Its the first Wednesday so it should be 2nd round matches, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Federer match in there somewhere! Ill settle for Nadal or Murray though.

Looking forward to this very much, especially as the weather wont matter with the new roof in place. Any one else got tickets to either Wimbledon or any other upcoming tournaments?

Im also hoping to get tickets to the ATP World Tour Finals at the 02 in November. :D

:thumbsup:

Oooo Congrats....first week tickets are great cos you get to see so many matches. Have you been before..?

My mum just got her ballot letter back yesterday....and we got Men's Semi's Day - Centre Court !!!! And I went SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

I'm so chuffed. Just hope I can get that day off work and Murray makes it to the semis *crosses fingers*