🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waking up to amazing stuff :dance:

Ian, those piccies are Epic ! :stunned: all the other pics and vids are fantastic everyone, thanks a lot for sharing !

Jen , others!! wake up, I want a longer review :D and WE knew you'd die for back for good :dance:

Now come on, WAKE UP ! it's 9:35 in the UK, you guys got enough sleep.. like what, 4hours ! it's ENOUGH ! :P

Great gig! Did anyone else who had seated tickets just get waved through into the stalls like we did? Magic! We queued up at 9:25, but were still able to get a decent view down on the floor!

The Killers set felt a bit short, but Coldplay's excellent set made up for it, and what a finale :)

Wish I'd taken my camera, only took a few crap phone-camera pics, but nevermind.

Got back to mate's flat at 3am after the gig. Now sitting at my desk at work. Needless to say, I'm sleepy.

Thanks again to the forum for helping me find the tickets! :D :D

^ WAKEEEEEEEEEEEE UP LORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

(sorry, wrong day :P)

:laugh3: Poor Lore !

don't know what happened to some of my setlist tweets, they're not there but you obviously got them! :confused:

yeah we did ! thanks a lot ! Yay for live reporting :nice:

and again, Coldplaying's always quicker than Coldplay.com, even with twitter :lol:

Oh my God, just watched the Back for Good vid and can't believe how excited I got... and I wasn't even there

That sounded AMAZING!!! Everyone's pictures are fantastic... I am more excited about LCCC than ever (205 days to go people!!!)

Have to make sure I see some Coldplayers there... it's so much fun watching/listening to stuff on the web with you guys, sharing the experience in person would be... crazy!

Have to make sure I see some Coldplayers there... it's so much fun watching/listening to stuff on the web with you guys, sharing the experience in person would be... crazy!

Is Chavi joining you? If so the party really WILL start!! :lol::dance:

Coldplay may have been left humiliated after their Brit Awards snub, but they certainly know how to bounce back in spectacular fashion, report the Daily Mail.

After losing out in four categories last night despite selling millions of albums and Grammy success, the group hot-fotted it over to the O2 Shepherds Bush Empire for the War Child charity’s 15th birthday. They performed a string of hits from Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends much to the delight of the crowd, which included Sienna Miller, Anna Friel and No. 1 fan Gwyneth Paltrow.

But the best was yet to come, with the group, who headlined alongside The Killers, bringing a couple of surprise guest onto the stage for their final songs. 'This,' Chris Martin announced, 'is going to be the best encore you’ve ever seen.' Gary Barlow emerged to perform Take That’s Back For Good with Martin on backing vocals and then Bono and The Killers joined in for Brandon Flowers’s All These Things That I’ve Done.

article-0-0393585F000005DC-959_468x388.jpg

Sienna could barely contain herself as she danced around and even indulged in a spot of air guitar from the audience. Gwyneth and Pet Shop Boys star Neil Tennant were among the many singing along throughout the entire concert. Courtney Love, Gemma Arterton, Natalie Imbruglia, Sophie Dahl and X-Factor judge Louis Walsh also decided to pass up the official Brit Awards after-parties to support the charity.

More than 200,000 people applied for the opportunity to purchase the 2,000 £50 tickets.

article-0-03933BA2000005DC-582_468x448.jpg

article-0-03933BA2000005DC-582_468x448.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

That video gave me goosebumps as well ! damn, I felt like squeeing along for real :D

Is Chavi joining you? If so the party really WILL start!! :lol::dance:

:blush:

first you'll be shocked by my girly screaming but then you'll have loads of fun dancing and singing with me ! Am I right Tonsu ? :D

edit : but I wish I could go to Manchester.. who knows, I might add this date to my siggy soon :P

thanks for the article Ian... now where are YOUR pics ? :P

:blush:

first you'll be shocked by my girly screaming but then you'll have loads of fun dancing and singing with me ! Am I right Tonsu ? :D

You are most right, my friend :) Though, there's nothing to be shocked about a gal who manages to get the whole of the o2 rocking almost single-handedly!! :lol:

Oh my goodness.

That was quite possibly the BEST night of my life.

I got there are about 6pm, & ended up being in the third row, slightly to the right... and it was close enough. Kind of regretting not taking my camera but I got some reasonable phone shots...

I've always liked the Killers, but never been a particularly huge fan... but wow. I never knew Brandon Flowers was so beautiful? His smile was just aaaamazing. :)

Coldplay obviously were just sensational. I need say no more on that :)

The people in front of me were asking the security guards if Bono was coming, and they said no he didn't turn up, so obviously when he walked on stage, it was completely unexpected and totally magical.

I can't believe how many celebrities were there?! I'm so lucky to have been a part of it :) Despite the huge man shoving in front of me before Coldplay came on, and then proceding to film the whole thing on his phone and not look at the actual stage ONCE. :furious:

Nevertheless, incredible :):):)

Oh my goodness.

I can't believe how many celebrities were there?! I'm so lucky to have been a part of it :) Despite the huge man shoving in front of me before Coldplay came on, and then proceding to film the whole thing on his phone and not look at the actual stage ONCE. :furious:

Hi Bethany, I was the girl in front of you in the purple top who was trying to get the guy removed! Thank god he finally left!!!

It was the same for me, the best night ever! Totally worth waiting from 5:30pm in the queue and getting to be in the second row. I totally agree about the Killers, totally blown away, Brandon was so charismatic and the performance was faultless. Could have done without the Pub Landlord. Think he crashed and burned a bit but those 'filler' moments never work, especially with so many champagne drenched celebrities!

Was so magical when Coldplay came on. I have never been this close to the front at any gig before and it just made the whole experience the better. It was slightly ruined for me by the fact that virtually the whole of the front line were die-hard Killers fans whose body language stank when Coldplay came on. Thought it was a bit rubbish that having left the Brits and won nothing they were met with disinterested faces (certainly by my bit) the girl in front was editing her holiday photos on her camera! Anyway, despite this it was the best gig I have ever been to. Wish it was tonight all over again!

Thought Gary Barlow was brilliant, wasn't overly impressed with Bono although I did squeal like a banshee when he came on for some reason!

Thanks for letting me share!

I didn't actually spot a single celebrity, besides Neil Tennant who was rather easy to spot! Were any others near the front of the 1st floor?

This link gives you an idea of who was there. I only saw Neil Tennant, Natalie Imbruglia, Richard Ashcroft and The Edge anywhere near the front of the first level though...

http://www.gigwise.com/news/49395/Bono-And-Gary-Barlow-Join-Coldplay-Onstage-At-Warchild-Gig

ooh I must have been just in front, was that on the barrier? we tried to get security to move him but they didn't :dozey:

Great pics and vids everyone! I am so jealous rigth now :lol:

Here's a vid of the finale i found on youtube (sorry if its already been posted). Not the best quality but you get the idea :D

I didnt take this video (because I wasnt there!...Grrrrr!) so all credit to the person that held the camera/phone with their hand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXOHlLH1_ig]YouTube - Coldplay, The Killers, Gary Barlow & Bono - All These Things We've done[/ame]

Hi Bethany, I was the girl in front of you in the purple top who was trying to get the guy removed! Thank god he finally left!!!

Oh hi!

Hahah i was a bit scared of him if I'm honest, he looked a bit like the Mummy, so I'm glad you intervened!

Although at one point he kept trying to push me to the side so I ended up elbowing him out of the way. Haha, go me! :lol: So glad he left eventually :)

I only saw Neil Tennant, Natalie Imbruglia, The Edge and Richard Ashcroft too... didn't want to spend toooo much time looking behind me when there was so much awesomeness on the stage :)

ooh I must have been just in front, was that on the barrier? we tried to get security to move him but they didn't :dozey:

Yeah it was.... Did you get the setlist? I remember seeing it.

I don't understand why security didn't move him, it was just so RUDE! His back was literally in my face :|

Yeah it was.... Did you get the setlist? I remember seeing it.

I don't understand why security didn't move him, it was just so RUDE! His back was literally in my face :|

I got a killers one.

yeah he really didn't look like a fan, I asked him to move along and he just said he'd bought a ticket like everyone else. :rolleyes: 2 girls to my left slightly behind seeemed to be having a bit of a dispute during the killers.