✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean about the comment?

If I understood your post correctly, you want to go to the concert without paying.

I think that is

1) not fair

2) quite impossible as they surely will check that everybody who wants to get in actually HAS a REAL ticket.

I take everything back and apologize if I misunderstood you.

Hey,

Sorry I didnt mean that in a horrible way. What I meant by unreasonable prices is eBay prices. £500 for 2 tickets is ALOT of money. And I cant afford that but will inevitably end up paying near that to try and go to this. Its my two favourite bands. I cant NOT go. I will pay for a code if someone has that. Would prefer to pay £50 for a code that works than £500 and maybe not be allowed in.

Im sorry that it came out wrong...

Can anyone help?

Adsx

Any plans or times for a meeting up?

Was just wondering! :thinking:

And what I also just realized (sorry, I'm a bit slow at times :laugh3: ) is that 'The Brits' actually take place at Earls Court and our hotel will probably only be a stone's throw away from it all :sneaky:

Hi Kirsten!!

It IS only a few hundred metres away! :D

I'm in for planning a meet-up as well!

Also "concert coverage" plans? Like talking about who will bring a camera, record the concert, film or take pictures? That would be great IMO.

We are planning to book a hotel near Earls Court too, we are just waiting to understand if other two friends are coming or not...so it would be great meeting up with you and others close to there :nice:

Great!!

I already had a look at TfL for getting back after the concert...

Doesn't look good.

But we could share a taxi!!

It wouldn't be expensive if we share the costs.

The alternative to a taxi is WALKING it seems... and I'm not a fan of walking for (according to Google maps) 34 minutes in the middle of the night!

Definately taking a taxi!

Who know what we will be doing after the concert, maybe chatting with other people at the venue or else ...

So best would be to share a taxi, even if it's just the two of us, Anna :)

Hey don't forget little old me! ;)

It's only 4 stops on the tube isn't it or will it finish too late?

Hey don't forget little old me! ;)

It's only 4 stops on the tube isn't it or will it finish too late?

Soooooo sorry .... :embarassed:

You see, I'm old and I've got some swiss cheese in my head which happens to be my brain ... ;)

Sure it will be you as well which will make us 3 already :)

I reckon' the concert will finish way past midnight. When it's after the Brits and every band plays for 45 mins plus the rearranging of instruments and equipment aso. it won't probably finish before midnight.

And by the time everyone is out and at the tube station the service has probably already shut down?! :confused:

About 'concert coverage' ...

I have just bought myself a new camera and I am more than keen to try it out.

Don't know how good it is with videos/audios but I will try.

At least I have a 10 x optical zoom lense which will be very handy for nice close ups :wink3:

Unless the lightning isn't too poorly of course ... :\

That's alright, all forgiven , I have mashed potato for brains, Swiss cheese sounds better. Yes, I think the tube shuts down around midnight and not sure about the night bus routes although I can investigate.

I have a friend whose husband is a London cabby, he doesn't work nights but I can find out roughly how much it will cost etc for a taxi cab.

Your camera sounds brilliant if you don't mind carrying it etc, my new little one is only 8mp and I haven't even tried it yet so although I will bring it to London , I will leave it behind when we go to the concert. Oooh I'm getting goose bumps talking about it. We want lots of close ups!

@ Carol

I don't mind the least taking my camera with me. No way I would ever leave it behind ... not at this location where you are close to the stage quite easily ... :)

It's a compact camera and comparatively small for the big lense it has so it won't be a big problem to sneak it into somewhere ... ;)

That's brilliant about your camera. There is a tube service from Shepherds bush until 1am but if we change at Hammersmith the last one from there is 00.37 and reaches Earls Court 00.44 so as you say it would be tricky! I think it was easier to get around in Paris!! We just got a bus from the venue to the hotel and it took 10 minutes and only 2 other people on the bus!

Let's just get them to move it over there then.

:thinking:Sometimes I think London is stuck in the dark ages. There are night buses so we can always get times for them at some point but it would mean changing. I'm from the East End myself so don't know that area very well, I only go as far as Oxford Street or Chelsea ;-))

Does anyone know how I can get tickets to Coldplay?Killers? i am devastated, I

entered the ballot but didnt hear anything. I guess that means that I did not win the

chance to buy a ticket. I see no tickets listed on ebay, any suggestions for what i can do, i am happy to pay and donate to child war hereos. thanks bfili

Does anyone know how I can get tickets to Coldplay?Killers? i am devastated, I

entered the ballot but didnt hear anything. I guess that means that I did not win the

chance to buy a ticket. I see no tickets listed on ebay, any suggestions for what i can do, i am happy to pay and donate to child war hereos. thanks bfili

If I were you I would check ticketmaster very often because I think that some tickets might be sold again....but I may be wrong.....

In fact I find it very stange that there are no ballot winners from this forum.....We're approximately 20 here to have tickets from last thursday's 200 tickets but that's all.... I wonder wether they've already emailed the winners or not....

Anyway it is obvious that not all the people who entered the ballot will buy tickets which makes me think that there might be tickets to buy on ticketmaster soon.... But that's just my intuition.....