✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmI just got an email saying tix are ready to print but when I go to ticketmaster it says they're not available and they're 'delayed' !!

I just got the email saying tickets are ready to print and when I go to ticketmaster it tells me the same thing, that they're delayed. Bit strange...

just got this email to me

We are writing with regards to the TicketFast email tickets you have purchased for the War Child event at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire.

Your TicketFast tickets are now available for pick up. You will not gain entry to the venue without your ticket, therefore, it is extremely important that you print your Ticketfast tickets before the event.

To enter the venue, each original purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must arrive together to gain entry. There are no exceptions to this.

Each original purchaser must provide valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) upon entry to the venue. The name on your photo ID must match the name on ticket, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event.

I haven't checked my ticketmaster yet as i don't have a printer in my place so will hopefully get that done over the weekend

Elton John spends £30k to watch Coldplay

warchildcm.jpgwarchildej.jpg

ELTON JOHN is well-known for his extravagant style – and the bespectacled singer is now planning to fork out £30,000 to book most of the front three rows at next week’s War Child concert.

The joint performance by The Killers and Coldplay is set to be a night to remember and Elton – not short of a bob or two – wants to share the moment with pals and family.

The two legendary bands come together on Wednesday for the charity event at the O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, and will follow the Brits at Earls Court earlier that evening.

Front row, first-floor VIP tickets to the concert are selling for £1,000 each – for punters with a little less cash other seats are between £50 and £100.

A source told theBuzz: ­“Elton has requested most of the front three rows on Level One, 30 seats in total, which will cost £30,000. It’s a lot of tickets for one person, so the venue is checking to see if they can ­accommodate him.”

Elton, 61, is performing his Red Piano Show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas until ­Sunday, but hopes to make it back to the UK in time to see his pals on stage.

Last year, Elton recorded a Christmas track with The Killers called Joseph, Better You Than Me. While the Rocket Man once joined Coldplay in concert to play to piano to their classic track Trouble.

Now theBuzz hears U2 are set to make an appearance at the gig, Elton’s tickets have probably gone up in value...

http://thelondonpaper.typepad.com/thelondonblog/2009/02/elton-john-spends-30k-to-watch-coldplay.html

Does anyone has a venue or 'seating' plan??

Cause when I bought the tickets it said GA1 floor on my confirmation, but now I have ended up getting GA2 stalls tickets?! :confused:

Is this good or bad?! I haven't been to the Shepherds Bush Empire yet so I don't know where I end up standing ...

And yes, I have already googled but the website of the O2 Empire doesn't have a map there.

warchildcm.jpgwarchildej.jpg

ELTON JOHN is well-known for his extravagant style – and the bespectacled singer is now planning to fork out £30,000 to book most of the front three rows at next week’s War Child concert.

Errrr I'm sorry, but WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

First 3 rows?

THis isnt standing anymore? or what? :dozey:

When I went to Shepherds Bush before it was standing on the ground floor. If us fans get shunted backwards to make way for celebrities it'll be a bit lame. I wanna be front row!!!!! Still...if he's giving £30,000......

Oh I'm sorry I don't want to see U2. Noooooo thanks. :dozey: don't care if they're the 'biggest band in the world' or whatever

THis is meant to be Coldplay and The Killers!!!!! If U2 eat into time that Coldplay have on stage, I won't be happy.

I want to know when this gig finishes, cause if it's starting at 9, that doesn't leave a lot of time for 3 bands each.

Im sorry to be a pessimist but whatever....... I wanna see as much Coldplay as possible :\

First 3 rows?

When I went to Shepherds Bush before it was standing on the ground floor. If us fans get shunted backwards to make way for celebrities it'll be a bit lame. I wanna be front row!!!!! Still...if he's giving £30,000......

Same here ... I really don't want to sound ungrateful and surely it is great if he donated loads of money aso.

But I am quite sure that half of 'his people' will only shake their balls and nip at their champagne but wouldn't really enjoy the show ... :(

Then again, we should be lucky with this extra gig ... :\

logged in to ticketmaster and our tickets are ready, but didn't receive any email. Anyone else the same?

I received an email telling me that tickets were ready to be picked up/printed out.

I logged into my account and saved the tickets to my harddrive and also printed them :)

Great to see my name and 'Coldplay' written on the same piece of paper :laugh3:

SQUUUUEEEEEEEEE! :D

First 3 rows?

It's great that he is giving so much money but come on....30 tickets???what about other people?Isn't there like a ticket limit per person?It's great for the money but it's just unfair for those who wanted front row tickets as well but are not Elton John