✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know. I think I was just thinking of when we had planned to meet up with Kara etc.

I'm just following everyone else like a sheep :D

cool :D we need a survey of popular opinion then.

To Everyone else: what time were you thinking of going to queue up?

Well honestly speaking ...

12ish is way too early for me. I wouldn't last until 9 pm or even later if I was standing there for 9 - 10 hours :shocked2:

I really don't know, I am afraid. Maybe 5 pm?

Or maybe earlier?

I know for sure that I won't end up first row and I guess I don't want that anyway ... ;)

Somewhere nearer to the front at the side maybe!? At least a good spot where I can take some photos :)

My camera has a good zoom lense, so even if I am more to the middle/back, I will hopefully be able to take some good shots :)

Right ... so being in the middle/back at this 'tiny' venue is the same distance being front row in a big stadium with all those barriers aso :laugh3:

I just put it like this:

I am way too old to queue up for 9 or more hours and then standing/jumping at the concert itself for another 3 hours would give me the rest :laugh3:

Sad, isn't it?!?! :D

It's a really small venue, and most people who go will be coming along after work. I think you could safely get there at four or five and be guaranteed a spot at the front. Personally I'd go at five/half-five and be confident of my place of choice (if I liked front row hehe).

I still haven't managed to get a ticket, but if I'm well enough I'll be travelling up from Kent in the hope of getting one from good folk in the queue with one spare or a tout, though I won't pay them more than face value. Killers are on first, right? If so the tout prices drop after the gig's started, so at least I'll have a good chance of seeing Coldplay for a decent price :)

*regrets that she hasn't ordered more tickets when being on ticketmaster through Coldplay.com*

:(

I am really sorry for everyone who's going to miss out.

I have only ordered two tickets and my friend who I intended going with couldn't make it so I offered my spare ticket to some dear friend here on the forum.

I should have tried getting 4 tickets instead and then giving them to someone on here :(

I feel awful now :(

Pete I totally didn't realise that was you until now. You changed your name. :D

Hey Mich, hope you're well :) Ah, I thought all the mods and admins would know, otherwise I would've told you for sure! And you're going to the gig? Really hope I can make it along and at least say hi over a beer and maybe a bite to eat to so many friends from here! :sunny:

*regrets that she hasn't ordered more tickets when being on ticketmaster through Coldplay.com*

I have only ordered two tickets and my friend who I intended going with couldn't make it so I offered my spare ticket to some dear friend here on the forum.

I should have tried getting 4 tickets instead and then giving them to someone on here :(

Don't feel bad, please! You did your best, and coldplaying.com must make up somewhere near 1/10th the entire crowd. It's going to be an amazing gig, so no regrets, enjoy it!! :D

It's a really small venue, and most people who go will be coming along after work. I think you could safely get there at four or five and be guaranteed a spot at the front. Personally I'd go at five/half-five and be confident of my place of choice (if I liked front row hehe).

Pete you don't know The Victims then :P

Well I'm going early, haven't decided the exact time, but if anyone wants to join me and my friends we could save our spot in line and then we don't need to stay all there all day long :wink:

Pete you don't know The Victims then :P

Well I'm going early, haven't decided the exact time, but if anyone wants to join me and my friends we could save our spot in line and then we don't need to stay all there all day long :wink:

Hehe, no I don't know them, who are they? :P

The venue really is tiny, much smaller than the Brixton gig some of us went to. I reckon I could turn up an hour beforehand and be in the first two or three rows (after all I managed that at festivals in the past with over 50 000 people in the crowd!! :lol:) but it depends how tenacious you are, I suppose.

Anyway, even if I don't get a ticket i'm really, really hoping to get there to say a very big 'hello' to you all :)

You couldn't i managed to get 4 and they cancelled one of my orders:angry:

You couldn't i managed to get 4 and they cancelled one of my orders:angry:

Really?? They did?! :o

But did you still get tickets?

Maybe they cancelled because of the same IP? :\

I am really sorry to hear that :embarassed:

Where there any restrictions about the amount of tickets one was able to order?

I couldn't remember that there were any but then again, I just clicked through the whole process not paying too much attention on all the things which were written there ... :laugh3:

I think the limit was 2 tickets and tickemaster doesn't allow multiple purchases by the same user, address or credit card, that's why the cancelled the second order

Hehe, no I don't know them, who are they? :P

The Victims is what The Killers' fan club members are called..well actually all their fans like to be called that way :lol:

Well honestly speaking ...

12ish is way too early for me. I wouldn't last until 9 pm or even later if I was standing there for 9 - 10 hours :shocked2:

I really don't know, I am afraid. Maybe 5 pm?

Or maybe earlier?

I know for sure that I won't end up first row and I guess I don't want that anyway ... ;)

Somewhere nearer to the front at the side maybe!? At least a good spot where I can take some photos :)

My camera has a good zoom lense, so even if I am more to the middle/back, I will hopefully be able to take some good shots :)

I was thinking more like 5ish. a 4 hour queue in the cold is about as much as my fingers & toes will take, even with layers on.

I'd kinda like to be pretty close to be honest. Just because it's such an intimate gig and it's not often you get to see them play somewhere so small. :\

Plus I'm also a pretty huge Killers fan too.

You betcha I wanna be close, no point otherwise :laugh3:

The Victims is what The Killers' fan club members are called..well actually all their fans like to be called that way :lol:

I see, thanks for that Denise!

I take back everything I wrote - I hadn't counted on crazy Killers fans wanting to get to the front too.

I guess it's gonna be Coldplaying.com vs The Victims then, so everybody: water pistols and pea-shooters at the ready for the Great Battle for the Front Row :P

I see, thanks for that Denise!

I take back everything I wrote - I hadn't counted on crazy Killers fans wanting to get to the front too.

I guess it's gonna be Coldplaying.com vs The Victims then, so everybody: water pistols and pea-shooters at the ready for the Great Battle for the Front Row :P

I'm ready to fight :army:

is there any problem if I'm part of both sides? :lol:

P.S. But shhhh I'm gonna be a coldplayer this time :curtain: