✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe it that I will be in London literally in only one week ...

And I can't believe that I am one of the few lucky ducks who's going to see them in such a 'tiny' venue ;)

Squeeeee!!! :D

Ha-ha and I'm another lucky duck thanks to you...quack quack!!

Hi I haven't posted on here before but I really wanted to as I am another one of the lucky few that managed to get a ticket. I actually got 2 of the 200 they sold on the pre-sale.

I just had a couple of questions for the other people that are going as although I live in London and have been to Shepherd's Bush Empire loads of times before, I just wanted to check a few things as this is such a one off opportunity!

1. What time are you all planning on getting there? Do you think we need to queue from really early in the day?

2. I know the tickets say standing, but I wondered if we would have the option of going upstairs once we get inside, normally this is fine at gigs there?

3. Has anyone downloaded their ticket yet from the link? I know it says 7 days and I wasn't going to do it before Wednesday but I also didn't want to cock it up for any reason.

The tickets are so precious and I am SO excited!

Thanks so much

i won the tickets!....but only level 3 unserserved left.........

gonna be far from the stages ah..........:confused:

anyone know how is the view from level 3? thx ;)

Congrats!!!

Oh, I thought it was General Admission for everyone...

This could be the view:

*click*

I did a quick Google search, there are more on flickr and so on...

COLDPLAY AND THE KILLERS BREAK RECORDS FOR WAR CHILD GIG

coldplay130508_W.jpg

Over 200,000 fans try to get tickets for War Child concert

Over 200,000 people tried to get tickets for Coldplay and The Killers’ joint-headlining show in aid of War Child – breaking all traffic records to the charity’s website.

The ballot winners for the 2,000 capacity show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire on February 18 were drawn yesterday (February 9). “The response has been phenomenal,” says War Child’s Music Director Ben Knowles. “It will be a great thrill to be able to welcome the two biggest bands of the 21st Century to the same stage.”

“Coldplay were one of the bands that gave us hope when we were just four boys in a garage,” a statement from The Killers said. “To share the stage with them for the War Child cause is an honour.”

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/coldplay/news/12763

Congrats!!!

Oh, I thought it was General Admission for everyone...

This could be the view:

*click*

I did a quick Google search, there are more on flickr and so on...

The venue's great and really tiny, this could be the best gig since Brixton. The view from the seating area is great :)

I tried but obviously failed with the ballot :( I may not be able to make it anyway, and it's too soon to say about next week, but if I can I will try to get up there even without a ticket in the hope of getting one, and to say hello to a few people from here :kiss:

That said, if anyone has a spare ticket please do get in touch. I will buy it and if I cannot make it myself I will pass it on to someone on here.

(For people who don't recognise my lack-of-elephant-avi or username I was previously 'kimchi' but had to change it).

Many thanks and have a great gig everyone!! :)