✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on 60 Minutes | Sunday 8 Feb | 7pm ET/PT on CBS [FULL VIDEO IN FIRST POST]

Christa42

Sorry if this was posted before. Please delete if it has

60min.jpg Coldplay on 60 Minutes on Sunday

February 4, 2009 11:58 am

Band featured on legendary US news show

news_line.png

Good morning. This Sunday evening (Feb 8th), a feature on Coldplay will be airing on US TV show 60 Minutes. The show will broadcast at 7pm ET/PT on CBS, in the hour preceding the Grammy Awards telecast.

Anchorman

[FIRST EVER AIRING OF CHRISTMAS LIGHTS @ 7m47s!]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvyTDX3OoM]YouTube - Coldplay (CBS)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui4E-mvSTJE]YouTube - Coldplay Interview[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2l3hvT0u8]YouTube - Getting To Know Coldplay[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3wQ82nRHs8]YouTube - A Coldplay Studio Tour[/ame]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries!

Now fill a clueless Brit in on what 60 minutes is. :D

An interview show? Live? Filmed?

60 Minutes, the most successful broadcast in television history, celebrates its 40th anniversary in September 2008. Offering hard-hitting investigative reports, interviews, feature segments and profiles of people in the news, the CBS News magazine has been the number-one program a record five times. It also finished among Nielsen's annual top-10 list for 23 consecutive seasons - a record never even approached by another program. 60 Minutes finished the 2007-08 season as the most-watched news broadcast, making Nielsen's weekly top-10 list 16 times over 33 telecasts.

The program has won more Emmy Awards than any other primetime broadcast, including a special Lifetime Achievement Emmy. It has also won virtually every other broadcast journalism award, plus 15 Peabody awards for excellence in television broadcasting. In the last year, 60 Minutes has won all of the major awards: four Emmys, a DuPont-Columbia University Silver Baton, a Peabody, an RTNDA Edward R. Murrow award, an RFK Journalism Award and a Sigma Delta Chi award from the Society of Professional Journalists.

60 Minutes was created in 1968 by Don Hewitt and premiered on CBS September 24th of that year. Jeff Fager is the program’s current executive producer. The correspondents and contributors of 60 Minutes are Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, Steve Kroft, Lara Logan, Scott Pelley, Charlie Rose, Morley Safer, Bob Simon and Lesley Stahl. Andy Rooney, the broadcast's commentator, began his regular on-air segment, "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney" in 1978.

60 Minutes airs Sundays at 7 p.m. ET/PT. Check your local listings.

from here:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/...ain13503.shtml

:D

60 mintues is an hour long news show (duh :P). it's not a live interview--it's more like a short documentary on the subject, pulling in pictures and old video clips and narration from the interviewer mixed with taped interviews with the subject. coldplay won't take up the whole hour, and i can't remember how many segments are in one episode, but i think they'll get a half hour :D.

it's pretty much a serious interview show that mostly covers serious, relevant topics. they've done musical artists before, but mostly only the legends like U2 and the stones etc. i was stunned when i saw that COLDPLAY was going to be on, since it's kind of unlike them to do something like this to my knowledge. but it's a reputable show with good journalists and good use of old interviews and pictures, so i think it's going to be epic.

Ha ha ha . It is a really respected news show that has been on forever on Sunday nights. Everyone here watches it from kids to adults. Many important news stories in depth and great interviews. They are known for asking hard questions and don't let people off the hook. It is filmed in advance, not live. So it should be a great interview. It would be great if it was filmed in the Bakery. Hopefully they will mention the postcards :D

Pris, it may be online too . I will look for you

:wideeyed:

Uhhh!!! That would be perfect!!!

Thanxx Christa!!!

And hi, by the way!!!! :nice: -i'm so rude :disappointed:-

i think it'll definitely be filmed at least partially in the bakery, but i bet this was filmed months ago, probably in december after christmas, so i doubt they'll mention postcards at all. they do these things way in advance.

With or without a postcards mention, this should be pretty good!!! :D

I'm so excited for this!!!:D

I was so happy when I read it this morning:dance:

Sunday night is going to be so amazing now!! First this, and then the grammys!! I can't wait :D.

And ugh, if they mention Mr. Asshole I'll be pissed, they won't let the question go or anything either, damn. And then Mr. Asshole's lawyers won't be letting the boys enjoy this wonderful night for them.

Can't Mr. Asshole just fuck off and get a life?!