🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No airfare, I am, only 2 hours from Tampa, so they are providing a hotel:D

COLDPLAY IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The drawing announcement describes tickets for the 9/19 finale in London.

"Win 2 tickets and travel to see Coldplay at London's Wembley Stadium on September 19th."

How or why did they switch it to Tampa? Maybe they have 1st, 2nd, etc. prizes, and the Wembley show is 1st prize? Just curious. It also says (as Dianne has already reported):

The Free prize Draw will end the 1st of September. The Coldplay Live gig will take place on 19th September 2009 at Wembley Stadium in London. Babelgum will cover reasonable agreed economy return UK domestic travel expenses and accommodation expenses for 1 night. The winners will be informed via email within 24 hours after the draw. If Babelgum does not receive any answer from the winner within 48 hours from notification another winner will be selected.

So, I guess there are prizes for Wembley and for other concerts.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

The drawing announcement describes tickets for the 9/19 finale in London.

"Win 2 tickets and travel to see Coldplay at London's Wembley Stadium on September 19th."

How or why did they switch it to Tampa? Maybe they have 1st, 2nd, etc. prizes, and the Wembley show is 1st prize? Just curious. It also says (as Dianne has already reported):

The Free prize Draw will end the 1st of September. The Coldplay Live gig will take place on 19th September 2009 at Wembley Stadium in London. Babelgum will cover reasonable agreed economy return UK domestic travel expenses and accommodation expenses for 1 night. The winners will be informed via email within 24 hours after the draw. If Babelgum does not receive any answer from the winner within 48 hours from notification another winner will be selected.

So, I guess there are prizes for Wembley and for other concerts.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Yes, that is why I did not sign up. I thought it was for the UK only.

I know it makes no economic sense, but if I won something like that, I'd find a way to go. Matters of the heart are not subject to rationality or complete logic! The final show will have Jay-Zee which makes it something special (Lost+).

There was a US contest and a European contest. Details of the US contest are posted on the main thread. The details for the US contest were taken off the website when it ended Aug 1.

I use to rule the World, seas would rise when I gave the Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!:singer::guitarist::guitarist::drummer::dance::dance::dance:

Sorry I can't contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Tracey, Love your excitement :dance::clap:...any more details yet?

NO Dianne, I think they might be located overseas (London)? so I most likely won't hear anything till morning:cool: I am just hoping it's PIT!!!! If not then sec.4,5,6,7, would be great, I can't imagine them giving me tickets in 8,9,10, or worse:o I will post here as soon as I hear!!

Now there is 12 left in pit, and sec. 4,5,and7 opened more seats up, 14 seats are open in sec 4 and 7, and 8 in sec 5. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO Dianne, I think they might be located overseas (London)? so I most likely won't hear anything till morning:cool: I am just hoping it's PIT!!!! If not then sec.4,5,6,7, would be great, I can't imagine them giving me tickets in 8,9,10, or worse:o I will post here as soon as I hear!!

Now there is 12 left in pit, and sec. 4,5,and7 opened more seats up, 14 seats are open in sec 4 and 7, and 8 in sec 5. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, 2 seats in row B, Sec 4...those are awesome. But I'm still excited about pit, but dang, 2nd row...wonder how the side ramps are going to work there?

I am hoping I don't have to wait until the concert to find out where the seats are:dozey: When they email me, if they don't say, I'll email them right back and say "I didn't get Lawn seats did I?";) Sounds greedy, Huh? :laugh3: Well they are saving on airfare, I could have been living in California;)

I am hoping I don't have to wait until the concert to find out where the seats are:dozey: When they email me, if they don't say, I'll email them right back and say "I didn't get Lawn seats did I?";) Sounds greedy, Huh? :laugh3: Well they are saving on airfare, I could have been living in California;)

I was the same way when I won the tix from the radio station. The tix I bought were pretty good, but I wanted to make sure the radio station tix were better. They were, thank goodness, but I didn't know that until 12 days before the concert. Luckily, I was able to sell them to my neighbor. Your kids do know, don't they, that you get the better seats? ha ha.

I was the same way when I won the tix from the radio station. The tix I bought were pretty good, but I wanted to make sure the radio station tix were better. They were, thank goodness, but I didn't know that until 12 days before the concert. Luckily, I was able to sell them to my neighbor. Your kids do know, don't they, that you get the better seats? ha ha.

OH HELL YEAH THEY KNOW:laugh3: My daughter said "I wanna be in the pit" I don't think Daddy will give in on this one tho:D

OH HELL YEAH THEY KNOW:laugh3: My daughter said "I wanna be in the pit" I don't think Daddy will give in on this one tho:D

Let us know when you get your tickets. I hope you get 4-5-6 or PIT!!! :dance:

Only few Pit left for sale... But they open up 4-5-6. Even 2nd row!!! You never know with this people. That is a slap on the face for all of us, who were seating in front of the computer before 10:00 am on the pre-sale day :angry:

I know it makes no economic sense, but if I won something like that, I'd find a way to go. Matters of the heart are not subject to rationality or complete logic! The final show will have Jay-Zee which makes it something special (Lost+).

You are right. I would had go to London if I had won those tickets.

Let us know when you get your tickets. I hope you get 4-5-6 or PIT!!! :dance:

Only few Pit left for sale... But they open up 4-5-6. Even 2nd row!!! You never know with this people. That is a slap on the face for all of us, who were seating in front of the computer before 10:00 am on the pre-sale day :angry:

I hear ya, I was sitting for 45 mins before sec.8 finally spit out 2 tickets so I took them!!! Pissed me off later to see all the seats opening up:veryangry2:

Thanks for the wishing of luck about my tickets. Fingers crossed they are decent!!!

Well, i can't exactly drive back home, lol. My flight doesn't leave until 2:30 on Monday. I'd love to stay at the Hard Rock, but online prices are high, and I'm too afraid to try priceline or hotwire to try to get it. Maybe I'll call the hotel directly, and see if they can give me a better rate.

How far do you have to drive? It's taken me about 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot at the last 2 concerts, so by then it's about midnight.

Can't wait to meet everyone. I know gates open at, what, 4? What time are people starting to line up? I have all day in Tampa...

Doors open at 6pm, be sure to be there at 4pm at the latest.

(And please don't kill yourself while you are running to the pit :wacko: )

I have a technical question.

How you quote 2 or more people in one reply?

Hi Marcia,

To multiquote, press the button that's right next to the "quote" button. After that you can multiquote whichever number of messages you want. :smartass:

Doors open at 6pm, be sure to be there at 4pm at the latest.

(And please don't kill yourself while you are running to the pit :wacko: )

Thanks.

How did you find out?.

About the running....most of us will run faster than that Jamaican guy from the olympic games :laugh3:

Thanks ;)

Thanks.

How did you find out?.

About the running....most of us will run faster than that Jamaican guy from the olympic games :laugh3:

Hi Marcia,

To multiquote, press the button that's right next to the "quote" button. After that you can multiquote whichever number of messages you want. :smartass:

JUST TESTING

Thanks.

How did you find out?.

That was the time that they opened at the WPB show.

When you are entering, just think of Forest Gump! :lol: Run Forest! RUN! :escaping:

That was the time that they opened at the WPB show.

When you are entering, just think of Forest Gump! :lol: Run Forest! RUN! :escaping:

lol yes run like you have never ran before! And just ingore them as they tell you No Running- cuz security will. :wink2: