✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Grizzly Bear...

the_gloaming09

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The album is pretty good! I've only given it one listen so far, but I really enjoyed it, besides two weeks the other two tracks that stood out for me were Southern Point and All We Ask. I'd like to listen to it more though because 1 album listen doesn't do it justice.

i'm upto about listen No.8 now. the album is gradually growing on me as i start to pick out the intracacies and subtlies that are littered throughout the album. Two Weeks is still quite clearly the highlight simply because i've listened to it soo many times and it's easily the most accessible and catchy song on the record. from listening to the rest of the album i can clearly see why people will describe it as being rather boring but that is also what makes this soo incredible as it truly rewards you for listening all the way through then again and then again.

since this is the first Grizzly Bear album i've listened to i cant compare it to the others but going by the critical response it is much better. having been an avid music fan for the last 3 or so years i've noticed that bands of this era aren't as cautious or careful in the making of their music as bands were back in the 60s and 70s. most acts fill the voids with distortion and noise whereas in years gone by bands were much more creative in completing their sound. this record does exactly that much like Radiohead have over the past decade or so. every note has been obviously scrutinised and nitpicked but unlike Animal Collective they still have this great organic indie feel about them.

this album really forces you to think about what you're listening to. so best to give it some time. alot of people have been labelling this CD as experimental. i dont get it??!!?

^^

just dont be surprised if you're not blown away the first time or even the second or third. give it time.

I was blown away on the second listen.

Now I'm quite a few listens in and loving it. Album of the year potential for me for sure.

upto listen No.10 now. loving it more and more with every listen. Kid A took me at least 15 listens before i got my head around it.

but i can very much see why people might dislike this album. it does have some very dull moments and tends to fall into voids now and then. and the vocalist doesnt change his tone all that much through the record. as much as i love it, i dont see it being near No.1 in my 2009 list.