Coldplay for Glastonbury 2009

steveglasto

I 1st seen the guys play at Glastonbury 2005 they were out of this world

I would love to see them there again,

I will of course be down on the farm this year,

my question is will Coldplay?

This morning I have seen a rumour on efestivals.co.uk that may be

Have any of you guys heard this, it would be amazing to see them there in 2009

it is really hard to predict who will headline glastonbury this year. since last year was dominated primarily by young acts. i would not be surprised to see the likes of Neil Young and Bruce Spingsteen headlining one of the nights. i think there's a very good chance we'll see Pearl Jam if they release a new album before then. Franz Ferdinand are the only confirmed band for the festival

on coldplay. i will be very surprised to see them headline. its not often a band of their nature headline glastonbury, they tend to go for big name acts that haven't yet been labelled "biggest band in the world"

i think the fact that they have headlined twice already means they won't headline again. and if glastonbury do decide to let them headline it will make them look a little desparate making it look like they can't find anyone else so they just stuck on a local band to headline for the 3rd time in the same decade.

i think the fact that they have headlined twice already means they won't headline again. and if glastonbury do decide to let them headline it will make them look a little desparate making it look like they can't find anyone else so they just stuck on a local band to headline for the 3rd time in the same decade.

Desperate? To have one of the biggest bands in the world headline again??

Um, ok :\

if their not desperate then they're boring having coldplay headline again. no band with the popularity of coldplay have played at glasto. i just think thats its wrong to have a band of that stature on the bill. a band that could sell out the venue just by themselves. '

i simply want to see a more interesting band headline.

if their not desperate then they're boring having coldplay headline again. no band with the popularity of coldplay have played at glasto. i just think thats its wrong to have a band of that stature on the bill. a band that could sell out the venue just by themselves. '

i simply want to see a more interesting band headline.

No band as popular has played Glastonbury?

Radiohead in 1997 and 2003?

how many top 10 singles did radiohead have in those years? was ok computer and hail to thief the highest selling albums of that year (or any year). were they doing stadium tours around the world? did any of their songs break record after record? were they slated as the "biggest band in the world"?

if coldplay headline in 2011 (is that a break year?) 6years after last headlining i will not complain at all.

how many top 10 singles did radiohead have in those years? was ok computer and hail to thief the highest selling albums of that year (or any year). were they doing stadium tours around the world? did any of their songs break record after record? were they slated as the "biggest band in the world"?

if coldplay headline in 2011 (is that a break year?) 6years after last headlining i will not complain at all.

2011 I believe is a break year, IIRC it's every 5th year they have off.

So your saying Coldplay are too big for glastonbury, the biggest of the music festivals?

Which gives me an excuse to post this pretty picture from the top of the flag tower, in the park-area of the festival site which is off the beaten track

IMG_0509.jpg

it has a little to do with the popularity of coldplay but alot more to do with the fact that they've headlined in 2002 and 2005. again in 2009 is too soon.

but at the same time i think i would be impressed by coldplay if they do choose to headline glasto. they will be playing in front of almost 100 000 people who don't necessarily like them and maybe a proportion who do . that will be a challenge for them.

2009 is too soon for a 3rd headlining spot. if this was only their second time on the bill i would not be complaining at all.

the 100 000 i was referring is the approx number of people in the crowd who may not like the band. then there is the 45 000 or so who are fans.

i think its pretty cool that The Boss is headlining Glastonbury he does seem the most suitable at the moment. but i would like to see a more current band headlining either friday or sunday nights. Neil Young and Blur seem the most likely at the moment to fill those spots.